IGNORED

The Professional Swing Sequence Thread

Note: This thread is 4185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Over the past several months - I've been using Youtube to capture swings at the different alignment/positions.  Instead of keeping them on my notebook - I figured it may help the community if I started to share them?  So here are some that I've created.

Note - if there is a particular Pro - or angle that you would like to see, feel free to let me know.  I'll do my best to create it and post it here in this thread.  And I'd encourage others to share any that they have or come across here as well.  These are great to use when looking at your swing on video - and comparing where you are versus the Pro.

I'll add that in a conversation with Grant Waite this past Spring - he stated that is how he learned his swing.  By doing a frame-by-frame comparison of his swing versus his mentors swing.  So again, this is something that can help you improve your swing if you pay attention to the alignments of the body, club, etc...

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Rory - Down-the-Line - Iron

Tiger - Down-the-Line - Driver

Tiger - Caddy View - Driver (not perfect sequence - and blurry as this wasn't a high speed camera)

Grant Waite - Caddy View - 6i

Grant Waite - Down-the-Line - 6i

Robert Rock - Down-the-Line - 6i

Adam Scott - Down-the-Line - Driver (A1 to A1.5 to A2) - Just showing swing plane at start-up.

• Upvote 1

Note, if you right click on the images - and open them in a new tab (or window) - you should be able to see the original size.  They are larger than they look in the TST forum.

Really nice will follow this thread for sure . The year of the swings would be interesting to know aswell, especially with tiger since he made so many changes.

Originally Posted by nevrino

Really nice will follow this thread for sure . The year of the swings would be interesting to know aswell, especially with tiger since he made so many changes.

Good point.  The Tiger photos are all from 2012.

Lots of good swing videos here

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSandTrapGolf/videos

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by nevrino

@Beach, what program do you use to make these swing sequences, i'm pretty tired using paint

Ha... Tell me about it.  Paint. :(

Can't let this thread die. Here comes two role models of how a perfect swing should be executed .

Being a bit ironic, i'm not taking responsibility if anyone try to copy their swings!

Match Kuchar 2010

Jim Furyk(don't know the year, does it matter? )

• Administrator

On a Mac, Pixelmator is a low-cost but reasonably powerful image editor.

Then again, Preview is free and does a little stuff. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I wish there was a special suit one could get into and it would slowly take one's body through a specific swing sequence. It would be nice to feel a particular player's swing, and I think golfers would get better faster if they could actually feel the movements. I also wish I'd won that really big Powerball a couple of weeks ago. Oh, and yes - I'd wish for extra wishes if I were given three wishes, man!

In The Bag: - Patience - Persistence - Perseverance - Platitudes

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Ha! I don't think I've ever seen Furyk broken down like that. Wow that is one interesting swing!!

I just can't get over the position his body is in at impact.  Growing up playing baseball, there was one thing I learned about good hitters that stuck with me that I think applies to golf as well; no matter how textbook or unorthodox a swing appeared, if you freeze them all at impact, they pretty much look identical.

Jim Furyk is clearly an exception to that rule.

Being a tall guy, 6'5",  I would like to see if you could get some swing sequences of some taller professionals, like Dustin Johnson, Ernie Els, Nick Watney, etc?  Thanks.

Ryder cup participants 2012.

Team Europe:

Nicolas Colsaerts

Sergio Garcia

Martin Kaymer

Graeme McDowell

Francesco Molinari

Justin Rose

Luke Donald

Peter Hanson

Paul Lawrie

Rory McIlroy

Ian Poulter

Lee Westwood

I'll post team USA when they release the wildcards.

• Upvote 1

Louis Oosthuizen would be a good one, also, if you can. Watching him this week, and his swing is so good looking.

Thanks much!

Note: This thread is 4185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!