IGNORED

Headaches at the range

mikelegacy
Note: This thread is 4224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I get headaches when I don't stay hydrated or haven't eaten.  I'm in SoCal near the Ocean and it can get into the mid 80's - and the hottest I've seen is low 90's.  But even at those temperatures, when your out banging balls with no shade or cover... It can take a tool on you.

Make sure you drink plenty of fluids and eat something.  I usually try and take a bottled water - and sometimes an energy drink + protein bar to snack on when I'm at the range here and it is blazing.

don,t beat yourself with it

• 2 weeks later...
Just went to the range before my round tomorrow. Oh geez... didn't hit a single drive straight. Horrible slices every single time. I'm like a lost puppy again. The best part is every time I get to the course though.. I can hit straight and well. Is it the mindset? The rubber tees at the range? Idk..but it just drives me insane. I think at the range I just have so many techniques and things running through my mind.. my form is ugly as hell. I feel like I don't even know what kind of swing plane I need. Blah blah blah.

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

Originally Posted by Goonsidious

Just went to the range before my round tomorrow.

Oh geez... didn't hit a single drive straight. Horrible slices every single time. I'm like a lost puppy again. The best part is every time I get to the course though.. I can hit straight and well.

Is it the mindset? The rubber tees at the range? Idk..but it just drives me insane.

I think at the range I just have so many techniques and things running through my mind.. my form is ugly as hell. I feel like I don't even know what kind of swing plane I need. Blah blah blah.

Sounds to me like you should go to a range that doesn't have mats..... Mats can bring out all of the errors in your swing. Grass is more forgiving and allows you to get away with a few things...

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

Maybe it's just me but I see it the other way around.  Playing on mats is more forgiving of fat shots because the club slides through and under the ball (or thins it a bit), whereas on grass ... well ... we all know what happens then.  Of course a thin shot behaves pretty much the same regardless of the surface you're playing on.

This is why I now avoid ranges with mats as much as possible, even if it means traveling further to get there.  Torrey Pines is the exception; I put up with the mats there because of the excellent practice putting and chipping greens.

p.s. this post serves to correct one on another thread where I said that Torrey doesn't have a chipping green.  Well they DO have one now - I think they didn't have one for a while, after they took out the bunker that was there.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Make sure you don't hit next to a guy using one of those old Nike Sasquataches that made that ear-shattering sound.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!