Note: This thread is 2205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 2 years later...

Is anyone using the new Jones golf bags, and if so, what do you think? Do they have anything to protect graphite shafts?

I just came across this post after noticing a thread asking for the last thing you bought. By "new" Jones bags, I assume you mean their bringing back the old design? About 15 years ago, I had my clubs swiped out of my car. The biggest disappointment wasn't losing my sticks (time for new ones anyway) it was losing the Jones bag I had because they weren't making them any more. Seriously, the golf industry had gone nuts making bags that had more zippers than a Michael Jackson wardrobe. For all purposes you couldn't even find a decent carry bag. Even the "lightweight" ones that had the flimsy fading nylon were overblown with pockets for every gadget imaginable, including a pencil holder?! And yes, what about the friggin' company logo plastered all over the place?? Not only do I have to pay a couple hundred dollars to buy your golf bag, but now I am a walking billboard for you? Don't even get me started about the backpack straps. Maybe if your bags weren't so bulky I would need to strap in like a sherpa to carry it. In any case, when I found out Jones had brought back its classic carry bag, needless to say I was quite happy. The problem is the classic has no bag stand, is a bit flimsy for cart use, and to the question, of protecting graphite shafts, they're OK but not what you might find in other bags. That said, they do make a stand model that is more sturdy and has padding around the dividers. Still pretty much the same design as the carry model (though there are few more zippered sections too). Either way it is hard to beat the bags for clean, simple design and look.

I am lusting after a Jones Players Series carry bag.

I have about 6 or 8 useable bags right now, so bringing in another would disrupt marrital bliss, such as it is.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 2205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!