IGNORED

Golfing Alone?

trutrojan8
Note: This thread is 4256 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I usually play by myself. I really like to go when I know there won't be a lot of other people, usually I take advantage of the local twilight rates. I can start at 5 and get 18 done by 8:30.

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thankful this thread got revived; I've been thinking about going out by myself so I can get used to playing on a course rather than just the range 3-4 times per week. I have a short 9 hole course 2 minutes down the street from me that fits my location/schedule perfectly. My friends all work various schedules, so it's tough to get everyone together for a round. I appreciate everyone's insights on heading out solo, I'm encouraged now to get out there and play!

Russ B.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by thementhol

I would like to go golfing myself sometimes, because my buddies would choose sleeping instead of golfing. Actually I always go ski myself during the winter, but I don't have guts to play golf alone yet.

I was supposed to play with a younger friend around noon yesterday but he didn't answer his phone, didn't respond to several voice mails or a text message and was a no-show.  So they paired me up with another single and while I didn't hit a lot of good shots on the front nine, it was a beautiful day, it was good to be out there on the course and I think that might have been the first round I've ever played where I averaged under 2.0 putts per hole.  Later in the day,my friend texted me back and told me that he hadn't gone to sleep until 9am and had slept through his cell phone ringing during the morning.  So I responded back "She better have been beautiful.  Send pics."

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Originally Posted by Russtopher

I'm thankful this thread got revived; I've been thinking about going out by myself so I can get used to playing on a course rather than just the range 3-4 times per week. I have a short 9 hole course 2 minutes down the street from me that fits my location/schedule perfectly. My friends all work various schedules, so it's tough to get everyone together for a round. I appreciate everyone's insights on heading out solo, I'm encouraged now to get out there and play!

I'm new here and new to golf. I just started 3 weeks ago and my routine for Sundays has been to hit the practice range and then play the 9 hole par 3 golf course. I do this all alone because I don't know anyone that likes to golf.

My username says it all, I feel I get more focused practice while on the course versus the range and it's quite common for me to drop 4-5 balls where my drive wounded up on a hole and just prctice those approach shots. Always make sure I never hold anyone up that's why I usually only hit multi approaches versus drives, I feel driving a golf ball can be learned on the range nearly as well as on tee blocks cause conditions are very similar however approach shots are always unique in lie and distance so practicing those on the course is best.

I enjoy playing alone every now and then.  Gives one time to just enjoy being out and an opportunity to "practice".  I often play two balls and see who wins, but I'm  usually waiting for the group ahead I take time to practice around the greens (if the course isn't crowded and I'm not causing other to wait).  Good for the short game.

Butch

Note: This thread is 4256 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!