IGNORED

best cart bag?

Note: This thread is 3536 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

ok i know i started a thread last week asking about the best stand bag. i actually went out and bought the titleist x76 bag and walked a round with it yesterday. it was miserable. the bag was pretty heavy with all of my stuff in it and the straps really hurt my shoulders. the legs were terrible and my 2 year old $70 walter hagen bag had better legs before they broke. the pockets were nice but the dividers sucked on the titleist bag as well. there were only like 3 full length dividers so my club grips would get stuck constantly. overall i was displeased with the bag that i paid $140 for so i returned it. i also realized i don't really want to walk a round with my bag strapped to my back. i would rather ride in a cart or use a pull cart if i walk.

thus, please give suggestions for the best cart bag for the money. im sure most will have plenty of pockets and good dividers. so im looking for durability, appearance and cost. i would like to spend less than the $140 i got back for the titleist bag but i could possible spend 10-20 bucks more.

i did see a bag at dicks sporting goods that i liked. it was the titleist sc65 which i think is an older model that seemed to not look as big as a regular cart bag but it had everything i wanted and somewhat light. anyone have any experience with this bag?

I think the Sun Mountain C-130 is the ultimate cart bag. It's freaking huge and has pockets for everything imaginable. Also has 14 way full length club dividers. May be a bit out of your price range, Golfsmith retails this bag for $170. Golfsmith is always running specials and storewide discounts, so check their website.

Driver: Launcher, 10.5°
Fairway: Big Bertha 2007, 15° & 18°
Hybrid: Rapture, 21° & 24°
Irons: Big Bertha 2006, 5 - PW
Wedges: Vokey, 52° & 56°Putter: White Hot XG, Rossie Ball: HX HotI'm not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced. ~ Lee Trevino

alright i bought that titleist sc65 for $135 at dicks. it seems to have everything i want but we'll see tomorrow when i put it on a cart and see how it fairs.

the only problem now is that i left some stuff in the bag that i returned (the titleist x76). i left my tee pass as well as a new bag of tees. hopefully no one buys that bag and i can go get my stuff tomorrow.

good luck with the cart bag...never had one. i picked up the cleveland stand bag (nationwide tour model) for $180 and I love it. I walk almost everyday so I guess it was worth it. actually got it for christmas so i didnt really pay for it.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• Administrator
I have the Ogio, uhhh, Atlas. I wasn't sure because they've changed the style a little bit. Mine is from last year and has a neoprene three-ball pouch and is grey/black. It's very nice.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

c130 looks like the best to me.. I think the best cart combo would be the Sun Mountain speed cart, with the SCB deluxe bag.

I really like my callaway bag, it came with these really comfy izzo straps, that i use to carry to and from the car.

In my Matrix XTT bag,
on my Sun Mountain Speed Cart
LD M-Speed 10.5* Driver
V18 full set of starter clubs
3W, 3iw, 4iw, 5-S Irons and Wedges Kirk Currie KC4 PutterHome Course:Pajaro Valley Golf Clubwww.pajarovalleygolf.com

I really like my Burton CXS hybrid bag as a cart bag, less so as a stand bag. It works great on my push cart and on a riding cart (legs lock closed and carry strap hides away in it's own pocket). It's balance is a little off for me as a carry bag though.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

I just got the Taylormade Mag 71 cart bag last week. I love it so far. There are no zippers. it has magnets like the driver covers. It has individual club dividers. It is the best made bag that I found. Quality!!! It was a little pricey at the golf stores ($219) but I found it brand new on Ebay for $160

My Sticks:
DriverFT-5 9.5° Tour Accuflex Creation 65g Stiff -or-
:R7 Superquad Redboard Stiff
Woods::TEE CB2 Accuflex Creation 80g stiff
Irons:755 cb 4-SWWedges: CG10 Black Pearl 52,56,60Putter::Seemore Black FGP 34.25"

Golfsmith is giving 20% off on everything except clubs and balls. The promotion runs through 7/1/07. You can pick up one of the nicer cart bags and still fit within your budget. If you buy online the promotion code is: EPS726SAL

Wedges: Vokey, 52° & 56°Putter: White Hot XG, Rossie Ball: HX HotI'm not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced. ~ Lee Trevino

Golfsmith is giving 20% off on everything except clubs and balls. The promotion runs through 7/1/07. You can pick up one of the nicer cart bags and still fit within your budget. If you buy online the promotion code is: EPS726SAL

those promotions are golfsmith are bogus dude. i went in there and they are like in REAL SMALL print *excludes ping, titleist, cleveland, mizuno, callaway, etc. etc. - all the big name companys and I was pissed.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

those promotions are golfsmith are bogus dude. i went in there and they are like in REAL SMALL print *excludes ping, titleist, cleveland, mizuno, callaway, etc. etc. - all the big name companys and I was pissed.

I think those brands are excluded at the request of the brands. I don't think the store decides to exclude these brands. In any event, I had previously recommended a Sun Mountain cart bag and Sun Mountain is NOT on the list of excluded brands.

I think people have a reservation about sun mountain because they went some well known PGA tour name emblazoned on their bag

The question is who is the best, the answer is sun mountain.

In my Matrix XTT bag,
on my Sun Mountain Speed Cart
LD M-Speed 10.5* Driver
V18 full set of starter clubs
3W, 3iw, 4iw, 5-S Irons and Wedges Kirk Currie KC4 PutterHome Course:Pajaro Valley Golf Clubwww.pajarovalleygolf.com

I have the Ogio, uhhh, Atlas. I wasn't sure because they've changed the style a little bit. Mine is from last year and has a neoprene three-ball pouch and is grey/black. It's very nice.

Exact same bag. Great bag, lots of storage...love the zipperless ball pocket. I got it off of Ebay for around $100.

• 1 month later...
The new Cleveland V-14 cart bag is really nice. It has your typical 14 slots, external putter well, and tons of pocket space. Also has 2 cooler pouches!! Looks really nice!

The funny thing is that I use a cart bag when I play. My shoulders are in bad shape from my football days, so I use a speed cart. But a few months back I bought a Sun Mountain MPB bag just to have the stand for when I go to the range.

Now I am really enjoying the 14 divider system, compared my 6 way divided cart bag. After reading this thread and looking at everyone's suggestions, I just ordered the Sun Mountain C-130. I hope it is as good as everyone says.

"I'll always remember the day I broke ninety. I had a few beers in the clubhouse and was so excited I forgot to play the back nine." -Bruce Lansky

I have a Walter Hagen Eleven bag, molded top with built in club clips to keep them from banging around. I like it & it fits my needs perfectly. Now I just need to upgrade my pull cart, I chintzed out in the spring & just bought a $20 special that be honest works but it doesn't work well. The bag tends to rotate & the straps can't be cinched up tight enough to hold the bag well.

Will get one of the bagboy models since I never carry my clubs.

Note: This thread is 3536 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!