IGNORED

Whats your most unbelievable golf story?

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 4237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If you've ever played a round with me, this story really isn't that unbelievable, but worth hearing anyway i guess.

I play a 9 hole course at an athletic club that we have a membership to. The club has an outdoor pool that the kids love going to during the heat of the summer. Every thursday there is a scramble tournament which I typically avoid for being new to golf and new to the course. A couple months ago I finally decide to go. Its a hot day so I bring the wife and kids, and babysitter to lounge at the pool. The 4th hole is a  downhill par 4 that lies right near the pool, which is set more uphill, with a high fence guarding the perimeter.  Mind you, on a day like this, the pool is packed with little kids. As I get ready to hit my approach shot, I decide to call the wife and let her know I was right behind the pool, she gathers the kids (all 4 of them) and the sitter, and with them cheering daddy on... I manage to hit a shank shot with just enough height and arc to scale the fence guarding the pool and damn near took out one of the older members sitting poolside. I screamed "FORE" but its doubtful anyone heard me. All I hear is the sitter cracking up at me having witnessed it with my wife and all my kids watching too. I must have turned about 10 shades of grey... and couldn't collect my thoughts for the rest of the round. Needless to say, haven't been back there on a thursday since. Luckily, no one was hurt

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I holed a fifteen foot putt for par once.

True story.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pretty sure my dad killed a wild turkey with a line drive tee shot at Boyne in northern MI. Feathers went everywhere and it just lay there for a min or two before stumbling into the woods. We were laughing too hard to give chase:D

Here's my "funny story" some cow lady golfers were ahead of me and some buddies and had just started clearing the green when I hit my second shot, it landed about 215 yards from them, but they had a complete meltdown and warned us to never hit our balls any closer.  Well next hole my buddy hits his approach shot long and and hit the same lady in the leg while she was teeing up her shot on the next hole ! Needless to say it was funny.

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

Note: This thread is 4237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!