IGNORED

Dorky Ryder Cup uniforms

joekelly
Note: This thread is 4198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Have been watching old Ryder matches on TV. Would say olden days had more personal flavor in what the players wore. Lately the guys (yea, only men) look like total sartorial dorks. Actually some of the recent  uniforms belong on circus monkeys not grown men earning a living. Yea, i also know that there is no Ryder purse money. They still look like monkeys dancing for the Cap'n.     What will we see at Medinah?

Originally Posted by joekelly

Have been watching old Ryder matches on TV. Would say olden days had more personal flavor in what the players wore. Lately the guys (yea, only men) look like total sartorial dorks. Actually some of the recent  uniforms belong on circus monkeys not grown men earning a living. Yea, i also know that there is no Ryder purse money. They still look like monkeys dancing for the Cap'n.     What will we see at Medinah?

I'd say normally women are the ones to watch sports and focus entirely on the fashion...

Also if I got paid millions of dollars by a clothing sponsor to walk around in nothing but a top hat, I'd probably not question it. Hell, I'd probably do it for a lot less if I got to play golf.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by laconic517

has there ever been anything worse?

I was watching someone on that Team say that this shirt was "lost" soon after the victory. It's kind of like the sun, you know you shouldn't look, but you can't help it. Oh, my eyes are burning.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by JaxGolfer1

They should stick with Red, White and Blue. It's REALLY hard to screw up that combination.

• Upvote 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/60295/] [/URL] A shirt like this would let the Euro's know exactly who they are dealing with.  [URL=http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&linkCode;=ur2&camp;=1789&creative;=9325&tag;=thesandtrap-20&location;=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Freview%2FR2XKMDXZHQ26YX%2Fref%3Dcm_cr_dp_title%3Fie%3DUTF8%26ASIN%3DB002HJ377A%26nodeID%3D1036592%26store%3Dapparel]http://www.amazon.com/review/R2XKMDXZHQ26YX/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN;=B002HJ377A&nodeID;=1036592&store;=apparel[/URL]

Alan from The Hangover ?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Yeah, they need to hire a fashion expert but not that guy on GC. Errr, he'd have them all in pink and bows. Yeah, I think tasteful red, white, and blue is the only way to go.

R11s driver

R11 3 wood

Glide sole design 5 wood

Cleveland CG16 irons

Vokey SM4 48*, Vokey SM4 52*, Vokey SM4 56* wedges

Yes! Eleanor putter

Here is an idea for retro outfits from pre 79 (before the Euros players joined the UK team).

Another no....

Most certainly the ugliest shirts ever....such a shame that they wore those things during that great performance....you dont think maybe...naah...I'm not superstitious or anything but hey maybe we should just keep a box of them in the USA clubhouse....just in case- behind one of those "Break Glass" emergency call boxes...."I got a good feeling about this"    : )

They could wear these and then everyone would have to guess who-was-who based on their swing, putting style, etc.

Driver: Ping K15 10°, Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 63g Stiff
Fairway 4-wood: TaylorMade RocketBallz Tour TP 17.5°, Matrix Ozik TP7HD S shaft

Hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 3H-4H, Aldila DVS Stiff
Irons: MIURA PP-9003, Dynamic Gold Superlite S300, Sand Wedge: Scratch 8620 56°
Putter: Nike Method Concept Belly 44"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

I don't know what they'll be wearing on the other days, but this would be awesome:

"It also seems likely that Olazabal's team will pay tribute to the late Seve Ballesteros by dressing in his trademark navy jumper and trousers and white polo shirt for Sunday's singles matches."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/19708927

Hopefully one of the Euros wearing this will get the chance to emulate the best Seve celebration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpchlvAHp-4&feature;=related

Originally Posted by malincanada

Hopefully one of the Euros wearing this will get the chance to emulate the best Seve celebration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpchlvAHp-4&feature;=related

dorkiest fist pump evarrr....

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 4198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!