IGNORED

Penta TP3/TP5 being discontinued?

Note: This thread is 4206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just curious with the huge sales that GPP and Academy (as well as others I'm sure) are having are they going to discontinue the ball? I've recently fallen in love with the TP3 and if they are going out I'm going to buy 10+ dozen so I can play them through next year at least. Anyone know?

910 D2 10.5  910F 3w  910H 19*

712 AP1 4-GW  Vokey SM4 54* and 58*

Select Golo  E5

I don't see any reason that they would...?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

TaylorMade announced they are developing a new tour ball, Project 5 that Justin Rose put into play at the Deutsche Bank Championship.  They didn't state if the Project 5 would replace the Penta TP5, but I'd guess they might change names which is why the current Penta TP5's are being discounted.  Maybe Project 5 and Project 3 to indicate number of layers?

Joe Paradiso

TaylorMade announced they are developing a new tour ball, Project 5 that Justin Rose put into play at the Deutsche Bank Championship.  They didn't state if the Project 5 would replace the Penta TP5, but I'd guess they might change names which is why the current Penta TP5's are being discounted.  Maybe Project 5 and Project 3 to indicate number of layers?  [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/60126/] [/URL]

Ah. I hadn't read that, I thought the OP was more of a general questions coming out of the blue.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

My instructor told me about it after he saw some new Penta TP5's in my bag.  He said the TM rep gave him a heads up but didn't have any details on when they would be released.  It's possible they don't make them available for retail until next year but would explain why some sites are selling them so cheap.  At $25/dozen they are a great deal.

Originally Posted by jamo

Ah. I hadn't read that, I thought the OP was more of a general questions coming out of the blue.

Joe Paradiso

Thanks for the info, I had a feeling that it was probably about to be "revamped" with the new test balls out there and hoped someone might have some inside information.

Guess I'm about to drop 3-400 bucks on balls, I don't like to change when I find one I like because it seems like I have to start all over again and "test" 100 different balls 99 of which I've already played to settle on a new one. I've really gotten used to the TP3 lately and want to keep playing it for a while because it suits me.

Select Golo  E5

Originally Posted by slodsm

Thanks for the info, I had a feeling that it was probably about to be "revamped" with the new test balls out there and hoped someone might have some inside information.

Guess I'm about to drop 3-400 bucks on balls, I don't like to change when I find one I like because it seems like I have to start all over again and "test" 100 different balls 99 of which I've already played to settle on a new one. I've really gotten used to the TP3 lately and want to keep playing it for a while because it suits me.

I really like the TP3 ball too.  I'm in the process of stocking up on them as well.

I need to buy some balls... Any suggestions on where to find the $25/dozen you're talking about?  I've been playing the TP5's.  But also found a few TP3's and played just fine with them. I've been using Golfballs.com for my purchases.

Thanks,

Beach

gppgolf has them at 19.99 for TP3 and 24.99 for TP5 Beachcomber. You really can't beat that deal.

• Upvote 1

Select Golo  E5

gppgolf has them at 19.99 for TP3 and 24.99 for TP5 Beachcomber. You really can't beat that deal.

Is gppgolf a legit retailer?  I have seen a lot of sales 2 dozen for 55$ for the TP3

Is gppgolf a legit retailer?  I have seen a lot of sales 2 dozen for 55$ for the TP3

They're legit. I've ordered from them several times with no problem.

In my bag:

Very legit, games people play has been around a while.

Select Golo  E5

Originally Posted by jamo

They're legit. I've ordered from them several times with no problem.

Very legit, games people play has been around a while.

Thanks guys...the wife just gave me permission to order 8 more boxes. :)

Originally Posted by RGoosen

Thanks guys...the wife just gave me permission to order 8 more boxes. :)

For the price and the amount you play to keep that handicap, it's too good a deal to pass up (I play 10+ rounds a month though and look at my handicap hahaha).

Select Golo  E5

For the price and the amount you play to keep that handicap, it's too good a deal to pass up (I play 10+ rounds a month though and look at my handicap hahaha).

I'm jealous. I get to play 5-6 rounds a month. The handicap can be attributed to hours and hours of chipping on the carpet nightly. Sadly I can't retire for 26 years. So I'm stuck with weekend golf for now.

Originally Posted by RGoosen

I'm jealous. I get to play 5-6 rounds a month. The handicap can be attributed to hours and hours of chipping on the carpet nightly. Sadly I can't retire for 26 years. So I'm stuck with weekend golf for now.

Maybe something I should try too, my putting and driving do ok for me but but long irons and approach shots come and go as they please.  I can't wait to retire myself but I'm looking at about the same amount of time. What I do currently gives me 6 months off a year which allows we plenty of time to golf and fish.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Thanks dude.  Appreciate the response.

Anytime.

Select Golo  E5

• 2 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 4206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!