IGNORED

What kinda scores have you had using Stack and Tilt???

outlaw1984
Note:Β This thread is 3550 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Come on now Penny those seniors can't do stack and tilt no way those backs could handle that

/Sarcasm

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:Β  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I think a lot of good players do a modified Stack and Tilt. It's only the original stock version that's controversial (and somewhat weaksauce when using the driver and long irons - be honest - we all know it is).

Kathy Whitworth did the Modified stack and won 88 golf tournaments.... Now you and I both know repackaging is what keeps the essence of Β golf swing fundamentals sound new again....

Tell that to over 200 of my oldies. I am not talking the fully monty of Stack. I am talking centered on the left side and on the downswing using the ground force from the upward thrust for the feet and core resistance as you sequence the clubhead smacking the ball. It is an easy sequence to duplicate.

Tell that to over 200 of my oldies. I am not talking the fully monty of Stack. I am talking centered on the left side and on the downswing using the ground force from the upward thrust for the feet and core resistance as you sequence the clubhead smacking the ball. It is an easy sequence to duplicate.

I am learning this new method with great enthusiasm. So far, I have had no back problems and can hit over 400 balls a day (only 100 full swings) with all my irons. Plus, I have never been able to hit a 4 and 3 iron before practicing this method. So, I have a few questions for refinement. One is what percentage of weight is on each foot throughout the swing? Secondly, how much left knee flex is used for a full swing versus a quarter, half and 3/4 swing? Or is it the same amount of flex? Lastly, how much hip rotation is too much?

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Originally Posted by Penny Pulz

I guess what I'm saying is the bits that work are old. A pure S&T; driver swing, as it was first rolled out though, is relatively weak. It just was, hence the recent mods. Even S&T; is now a modified version of S&T.; That's all I was saying.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Quote:

I guess what I'm saying is the bits that work are old. A pure S&T; driver swing, as it was first rolled out though, is relatively weak. It just was, hence the recent mods. Even S&T; is now a modified version of S&T.; That's all I was saying.

S&T; driver swing has a ton of power. But whatever floats your boat.

The "bits that work are old" line is pretty funny too. How many S&T; lessons have you had Sean? None? Okay, just checking.

Constantine

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Quote:

Quote:

S&T; driver swing has a ton of power. But whatever floats your boat.

The "bits that work are old" line is pretty funny too. How many S&T; lessons have you had Sean? None? Okay, just checking.

How many people complained about being even shorter after starting with the first generation of S&T;? tons

How many people teaching S&T; made mods to add power? Based on this forum and others, tons.

I adopted the ones that added consistency with the mid to short game but left out the ones that seemed to be obvious power drains. What's your game like these days?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted byΒ sean_miller

How many people complained about being even shorter after starting with the first generation of S&T;? tons

Pretty general statement here. Who exactly was complaining? People self-teaching or people actually getting lessons?

How many people teaching S&T; made mods to add power? Based on this forum and others, tons.

Can you cite a specific change to the pattern to add power made by S&T; teachers?

I adopted the ones that added consistency with the mid to short game but left out the ones that seemed to be obvious power drains. What's your game like these days?

My game is irrelevant to the topic really, but I hit it plenty far. Far enough to play from 7000 at sea level.

Self-teaching S&T; is a fool's errand, my friend.

Constantine

Quote:

Pretty general statement here. Who exactly was complaining? People self-teaching or people actually getting lessons?

Quote:

Can you cite a specific change to the pattern to add power made by S&T; teachers?

Quote:

My game is irrelevant to the topic really, but I hit it plenty far. Far enough to play from 7000 at sea level.

Self-teaching S&T; is a fool's errand, my friend.

OMG - you had to dice that up? I doubt you seriously need someone like me to prove to you thatΒ there've been modifications by eveyone who's anyone associated with S&T; since it was first rolled out.

No seriously, I'm actually wondering what the changes are you are talking about.

I'm a S&T; student, but I don't pre-set my hips forward at address with the driver. That's about the only thing I don't do that they sometimes teach to people.

People change to improve on what they know, there's no question about that. I'm specifically asking you though what you think was changed with driver and why it was changed. Please don't assume I know what you are talking about.

Are you referring to that original Golf Digest article that not even S&T; people liked (or maybe better stated, weren't satisfied with)? Cuz that's a pretty long time ago, man.

Constantine

No seriously, I'm actually wondering what the changes are you are talking about.

I'm a S&T; student, but I don't pre-set my hips forward at address with the driver. That's about the only thing I don't do that they sometimes teach to people.

People change to improve on what they know, there's no question about that. I'm specifically asking you though what you think was changed with driver and why it was changed. Please don't assume I know what you are talking about.

Are you referring to that original Golf Digest article that not even S&T; people liked (or maybe better stated, weren't satisfied with)? Cuz that's a pretty long time ago, man.

"Cuz"?!? Did you even write that post. I've followed along from a distance and ever few weeks there was a new eureka moment. A lot of those seemed to be around the driver. I thought for example that acknowledging a positive AoAΒ can be a good thing and that a fade is okay too. Those were pretty radical to me, butΒ if you think otherwise, that's your perogative.

Quote:

"Cuz"?!? Did you even write that post. I've followed along from a distance and ever few weeks there was a new eureka moment. A lot of those seemed to be around the driver. I thought for example that acknowledging a positive AoAΒ can be a good thing and that a fade is okay too. Those were pretty radical to me, butΒ if you think otherwise, that's your perogative.

Calm down for a sec.

They've always said a fade was fine. There are components of the swing you can use to accomplish anything. I thought this was obvious, but a good golf swing will let you move the ball in either direction. You can take pieces of the S&T; swing and a different setup that will produce a fade.

The AoA revelation was a good one, but I'm not sure how dramatically that changed things in regards to the power leak thing you were referring to earlier.

Constantine

I am really disappointed... with a shorter distance of 85% or so, but of all my drives they went down the middle (or at least the when i open my stance about 10 degrees). I now have a pull hook that goes really straight so I angle my body 10 degrees open to get them to go straight.

Of the 260 balls I hit this evening not one of them went outside the range area. 3 duffs. Only used woods and hybrids. No injuries, and I think I could hit another 260 balls.

This is the first time I hit that accurately and effortlessly.

I can't wait to hit the course tomorrow afternoon, and can almost taste the mid-teen handicap coming this fall/winter golf season.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I am really disappointed... with a shorter distance of 85% or so, but of all my drives they went down the middle (or at least the when i open my stance about 10 degrees). I now have a pull hook that goes really straight so I angle my body 10 degrees open to get them to go straight. Of the 260 balls I hit this evening not one of them went outside the range area. 3 duffs. Only used woods and hybrids. No injuries, and I think I could hit another 260 balls. This is the first time I hit that accurately and effortlessly. I can't wait to hit the course tomorrow afternoon, and can almost taste the mid-teen handicap coming this fall/winter golf season.

Played a ~2900 yard 9 hole course with an average of bogie per hole. Hit 4 pars and one bunker that took 4 strokes to get out, too bad because I made that greenside bunker in 2. Also, hit a flag from 150 yards for the first time, and second time to hit a flag ever in my 2 years of golfing. Another thing is some folks grabbed my ball. When I teed off I did not see anyone on the fairway. After I hit, they all came in from both sides of the fairway. Then hit a shot each, and as they drove past my ball to get their 3rd shot, they picked up my ball. I walked toward them apologizing for hitting it past them, since I did not see anyone when I hit. They gave me the ball back, and put another one at the hole, later on. So, my score is a bit off, because I placed the ball as if I drove 20 yards less. Which allowed me to use my favorite 4 hybrid club to about 175 yards. Landed in the greenside bunker, though. Really happy with the consistency of my shots now. I hit about 10% shorter, but more than make it up in accuracy. Looking forward to an 18 hole that is about 6800 yards next week. I will probably do another 9 hole Sunday. Hope to make 8 pars? Or more? Even if I don't make better scores right away, I am absolutely convinced that stack and tilt works, and doesn't take any effort when done right.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Been converting to S&T; over the past year - iron, hybrid, and driver play is improved. Fairways are more accurate - working on getting confident enough to place more weight on left foot in downswing. When I do, it's gold. Yardage is similar to pre conversion.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22Β HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7Β Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Β 

I shoot low - mid 80s, with occaisional forays into the 70s since I adopted SnT. Weight forward and head centered is the only way I can consistently get the bottom of my swing just in front of the ball, hitΒ down and get a nice shallow divotΒ with my irons. And I get plenty ofΒ distance and can work the ball both ways with my driver, although now that I think of it I don't put as much weight forward as with my irons.

dak4n6

Originally Posted by dak4n6

I shoot low - mid 80s, with occaisional forays into the 70s since I adopted SnT. Weight forward and head centered is the only way I can consistently get the bottom of my swing just in front of the ball, hitΒ down and get a nice shallow divotΒ with my irons. And I get plenty ofΒ distance and can work the ball both ways with my driver, although now that I think of it I don't put as much weight forward as with my irons.

I was "accused" of being SnT more than once by people who have no idea I've never taken my irons back to parallel and have always tried to keep my weight forwardΒ to prevent happy feet.

Note:Β This thread is 3550 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!