IGNORED

2012 Ryder Cup Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by jamo

Quote:

Originally Posted by atb5079

Soooooooooooooooooo who's our next captain?

Couples?

Steve Stricker. He'll be old enough.

JK.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by eich41

Not being a sore loser, but the US choked that away moreso than Europe won it.  The only match that really had clutch play on the European side was the Rose/Mickelson match.  Those three putts Rose made on 16, 17, and 18 were gigantic, and Phil played well on all three of those holes, Rose just played better.

Stricker - Choked

Furyk - Choked

Woods - Choked (didn't matter but who misses a two footer?  and who doesn't just concede the hole?)

Simpson - Choked

Bubba - Played awful

I'll give Webb a pass (despite my known dislike for him). He putted very well yesterday and started out very good. He had probably the toughest opponent. Its not entirely on him. Webb was expected to win easily over Poulter like other guys should have to their opponent.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Originally Posted by mazzamouth

That i will agree..

I can think Furyk is good.. but not sure why he picked Stricker?... Mahan would have been a better pick

Stricker has to be picked to play with Tiger because nobody else wants to/Tiger can't play with anyone else.

To be honest I'm happy that it ended up being a great day of golf to watch.  I thought I'd have the NFL on by 2 o'clock, and that obviously didn't happen, but I'd rather have the US lose and have some great entertainment, than have them win in a blow out.

Originally Posted by forza utreg

Cause he was having a terrible, terrible year...

Which is why Stricker should have capitalized and not given him any light. As well as Kuchar should have at least stuck it Westwood a little bit more than losing what 3dwn?

On the Stricker and Woods pairing absolutely. On the Furyk/Stricker pick absolutely. Maybe if he didnt put Woods/Stricker together 3 times and sit Phil/Keegan, than this conversation could have been he did a bad job, but at least they pulled it out. Wouldnt have mattered if they won, his picks were questionable, and his matchups and pairings were not good in my opinion. Everyone has their own opinion, and I'm calling it like I see it, I dont expect you or anyone else to agree with me. But I will say my hunch is that more will agree than disagree with my opinion.

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Lets just hope Fowler can piece it all together by 2014. Lets hope Watney builds on his past two seasons, maybe BVP/Haas continues to be solid and consistent, hopefully Tiger continues the climb back. Hell, hopefully Anthony freakin Kim comes back to the play he once was.

Originally Posted by PaddyHarrington

vomit, but no joke congrats man

Originally Posted by atb5079

Lets just hope Fowler can piece it all together by 2014. Lets hope Watney builds on his past two seasons, maybe BVP/Haas continues to be solid and consistent, hopefully Tiger continues the climb back. Hell, hopefully Anthony freakin Kim comes back to the play he once was.

Anthony Kim is going to be the subject of "What ever happened to..." stories. Perhaps even a future 30 for 30 documentary.  I'm not even sure that he has a tour card for next year.

Originally Posted by eich41

Not being a sore loser, but the US choked that away moreso than Europe won it.  The only match that really had clutch play on the European side was the Rose/Mickelson match.  Those three putts Rose made on 16, 17, and 18 were gigantic, and Phil played well on all three of those holes, Rose just played better.

Stricker - Choked

Furyk - Choked

Woods - Choked (didn't matter but who misses a two footer?  and who doesn't just concede the hole?)

Simpson - Choked

Bubba - Played awful

By saying that you take away from what Team Europe accomplished. Capitalizing on mistakes is part of the Ryder Cup (and sports as a whole) and deserves recognition. I'm just giving credit where it's due.

Jim Furyk - out and out the worst Ryder cup player in history. Along with much of the US team, he has no clutch whatsoever. And Tiger, watching him now it's hard to believe he used to be any good. Purely and simply a frontrunner, he struggles when the pressure is on and it's close.

Overall, an American performance as ugly as Zac Johnson's nose.
  • Upvote 1

Player performance. [CODE]Ian 4-0-0 Rory 3-2-0 Justin 3-2-0 Sergio 2-2-0 Luke 2-2-0 Lee 2-2-0 Nicolas 1-3-0 Gmac 1-3-0 Lawrie 1-2-0 Martin 1-1-0 Moli 0-2-1 Hanson 0-2-0 Keegan 3-1-0 Phil 3-1-0 Zach 3-1-0 Jason 3-1-0 Dustin 3-0-0 Webb 2-2-0 Bubba 2-2-0 Kuchar 2-1-0 Brandt 1-2-0 Furyk 1-2-0 Tiger 0-3-1 Steve 0-4-0 [/CODE]

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I enjoyed the past few hours as much as I've enjoyed watching any Ryder Cup since the first I ever saw way back in 1987, (when Faldo and Woosnam were on song...)

Anyway, I'm especially pleased for Lee Westwood, who seemed to get a lot of flack from the tabloids for his performance over the last couple of days. Mentions of him in tomorrow's papers will doubtless be a little different.

Congrats to all of the European team.

Note: This thread is 4210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!