IGNORED

2012 Ryder Cup Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4189 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hyper-sensitivity to this type of sanctimonious and pious crap is part of what gives religion a poor reputation anyway.

This isn't whst you mean, is it mate? If so you're being a tad harsh on yourself. :-) Sorry, couldn't resist, understand the sentiment. Is there an argument for live and let live, try not to take life too seriously, and above all, get back to talking about golf. Sorry if I waffled on a bit, maybe I shouldn't have, just thought it'd help. Maybe not. Anyway, 2014...... Given everything that has been discussed and given the course at Gleneagles, what do you think is the way forward for your guys? Play a few PGA tour events over here on the links courses in 2013-2014? Won't happen but would be good to see.

Pete Iveson

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That is a good suggestion, however unrealistic. Ideally they should time their arrival to coincide with the presence of a series of low pressure systems strung out across the north Atlantic. As I recall from living on the island for a few decades, that shouldn't be so difficult ... :-)

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

That is a good suggestion, however unrealistic. Ideally they should time their arrival to coincide with the presence of a series of low pressure systems strung out across the north Atlantic. As I recall from living on the island for a few decades, that shouldn't be so difficult ... :-)

Yep. Think we need one of those tournaments where they make the decision not to cut the greens. Nothing to do with slowing them up for putting, just done because the wind is blowing so hard, the balls will blow off the greens if you do. Sort of day when you aim off for the wind when putting rather than for the slope. I remember once when Tiger was asked what was his favourite Major, the one that meant the most. He said, right off, The Open Championship when it's played at St Andrews. He recalled one day he played the first with a 5 iron then a wedge, the next day it was a driver then 3 wood. (Pretty sure those were the clubs) "Now that's cool." Was his comment.

Pete Iveson

Originally Posted by Nosevi

Yep. Think we need one of those tournaments where they make the decision not to cut the greens. Nothing to do with slowing them up for putting, just done because the wind is blowing so hard, the balls will blow off the greens if you do. Sort of day when you aim off for the wind when putting rather than for the slope.

I remember once when Tiger was asked what was his favourite Major, the one that meant the most. He said, right off, The Open Championship when it's played at St Andrews. He recalled one day he played the first with a 5 iron then a wedge, the next day it was a driver then 3 wood. (Pretty sure those were the clubs) "Now that's cool." Was his comment.

Ahh, got that Tiger quote a tad wrong. Was his favourite course by far he said, he was criticising the courses on the PGA Tour as being too similar (elephant grave yard courses he described them as). the clubs were a 2 iron, a 60 degree wedge one day, driver then 4 iron the next. Anyway, not quite the variation I had but the sentiment was the same - he thought it was pretty cool.

Pete Iveson

Yep. Think we need one of those tournaments where they make the decision not to cut the greens. Nothing to do with slowing them up for putting, just done because the wind is blowing so hard, the balls will blow off the greens if you do. Sort of day when you aim off for the wind when putting rather than for the slope.

I remember once when Tiger was asked what was his favourite Major, the one that meant the most. He said, right off, The Open Championship when it's played at St Andrews. He recalled one day he played the first with a 5 iron then a wedge, the next day it was a driver then 3 wood. (Pretty sure those were the clubs) "Now that's cool." Was his comment.

I really enjoy watching the British open unique courses compared to US. Usually inclement weather and love watching the players trying to find their ball and hack out of the heavy rough or 6 foot weeds. I enjoyed Royal Lytham because it was great to see E. Els win his second major after so many years since his first, but the weather was a bit tame. I would like to have seen difficult wind conditions and stormy weather. Looking forward to 2013 open @ Muirfield hope they grow the rough and strong winds.

I really enjoy watching the British open unique courses compared to US. Usually inclement weather and love watching the players trying to find their ball and hack out of the heavy rough or 6 foot weeds. I enjoyed Royal Lytham because it was great to see E. Els win his second major after so many years since his first, but the weather was a bit tame. I would like to have seen difficult wind conditions and stormy weather. Looking forward to 2013 open @ Muirfield hope they grow the rough and strong winds.

Hi there. Just a quick edit, not a criticism. This was Ernie's 4th Major - US Open twice, Open Championship twice. Long time since the last time though, right about that. Regarding the conditions, rough etc, sounds a lot like Gleneagles to me (I hope!)

Pete Iveson

Hi there. Just a quick edit, not a criticism. This was Ernie's 4th Major - US Open twice, Open Championship twice. Long time since the last time though, right about that.

Regarding the conditions, rough etc, sounds a lot like Gleneagles to me (I hope!)

Hey Nos,

Sorry my bad, his second British open victory , if my declining memory serves me correctly. Ernie is a class act and I always pull for him.

I apologize for any misinformation or incorrect statements. I have some memory issues. My mom has final stage Alzheimer's and afraid may be getting a little foggy myself.

Ryder in Gleneagles will should be fantastic theater.

Hey Nos, Sorry my bad, his second British open victory , if my declining memory serves me correctly. Ernie is a class act and I always pull for him. I apologize for any misinformation or incorrect statements. I have some memory issues. My mom has final stage Alzheimer's and afraid may be getting a little foggy myself. Ryder in Gleneagles will should be fantastic theater.

Hey, don't worry, after my last Tiger quote I'm hardly one to talk! Ernie is also one of my all time favourites - just love his rythm. When I feel my swing getting a bit quick I just picture one of the many vids I have of 'The Big Easy' swinging - slows me right down again.

Pete Iveson

Hey, don't worry, after my last Tiger quote I'm hardly one to talk! Ernie is also one of my all time favourites - just love his rythm. When I feel my swing getting a bit quick I just picture one of the many vids I have of 'The Big Easy' swinging - slows me right down again.

In his presser last year he had sincere sympathy for Adam Scott, even reflecting on one of his collapses, how it effected him and offering advice/help how to deal with it.

It's a shame a player like Ernie can't play in the Ryder cup.

When I feel my swing getting a bit quick I just picture one of the many vids I have of 'The Big Easy' swinging - slows me right down again.

I usually have to try to find my ball.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

It doesn't matter how polite the request is if it's ridiculous and/or misplaced.  The same goes for people who go around telling others that they should never, ever use the "R" word.  Anyway, I fail to see how saying "Jesus Christ!" is criticizing Jesus.  Hyper-sensitivity to this type of sanctimonious and pious crap is part of what gives religion a poor reputation anyway.  It's people like this within my own religion that simply make me shake my head.

I'm man enough to admit my mistakes and I apologize. I try to learn from my mistakes for any and everyone especially people with religious faith. I over reacted to attacks and in reflection I should have not reacted to antagonist. Going through some issues taking of my mom and I'm letting it effect my character. Two points I would like to clarify my statement "I don't believe anyone can criticize Jesus." I was referring to Monte calling Jesus "Scruffiest". My statement "Please don't use the lords name in vein" is habit as I usually say it jokingly with friendly banter.

I'm going to do all of you a favor and remove myself from this site. ... Monte no hard feelings, my bad for letting it get to me.

Nos,

You are true gentlemen with admirable insights. I would wish you well but I know you are destined for a great future.

I'll end this with....

Go USA Ryder 2014

o

Joakim, obviously your call but I personally don't think you need to remove yourself from this site entirely. Maybe, if it's getting to you, take a break from this thread, but it seems like a site with lots of good info and insight into golf generally. More to the point, if you want to leave great, but don't let others force you off. I think the good thing about a forum like this is the diversity, people from different walks of life, counties and view points. Be a shame if anyone who didn't fit the 'mould' felt they had to leave. Just my opinion.

Pete Iveson

Joakim, obviously your call but I personally don't think you need to remove yourself from this site entirely. Maybe, if it's getting to you, take a break from this thread, but it seems like a site with lots of good info and insight into golf generally. More to the point, if you want to leave great, but don't let others force you off. I think the good thing about a forum like this is the diversity, people from different walks of life, counties and view points. Be a shame if anyone who didn't fit the 'mould' felt they had to leave. Just my opinion.

Normally, if they don't fit the mould on this site they get banned. I say ban him for being bad anyway.

Look chaps, let's be candid: some of Monte's posts are pure trollery. He seems to find it amusing, to most it's probably just tiresome. To some it must be extremely hurtful. That would not be me as it happens. The closest I've ever gotten to religion was during my first ILS approach at night, through a 3000ft thick coastal cloud layer with a base at 350 AGL - in the doughnut most of the way down. Or maybe a break of ~40 on the snooker table at that once-ecclesiastical College. Sadly it hasn't happened to me yet on a golf course but I haven't given up hope. Charles.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Look chaps, let's be candid: some of Monte's posts are pure trollery. He seems to find it amusing, to most it's probably just tiresome. To some it must be extremely hurtful. That would not be me as it happens. The closest I've ever gotten to religion was during my first ILS approach at night, through a 3000ft thick coastal cloud layer with a base at 350 AGL - in the doughnut most of the way down. Or maybe a break of ~40 on the snooker table at that once-ecclesiastical College. Sadly it hasn't happened to me yet on a golf course but I haven't given up hope. Charles.

Talking flying, or at least flying related, I remember talking down a single engined jet who had declared a PAN and was in thick fog at night. Our minima is 200' AGL where we cease instructions and the pilot takes over visually. On this occasion when I said "passing decision height." ie over yo you bud, he came back with "Keep Talking!" Never been so happy as when I heard the jet rolling past the tower. Chatting to the guy afterwards I asked where he got the lights, he said "What lights, didn't see a thing." Luckily in the days when we used raw radar rather than have some computer decide where the aircraft was on the glide slope / centre line. Not my worst moment as an air trafficer but certainly one where I was looking for inspiration from somewhere.

Pete Iveson

Originally Posted by Chas

Look chaps, let's be candid: some of Monte's posts are pure trollery. He seems to find it amusing, to most it's probably just tiresome. To some it must be extremely hurtful. That would not be me as it happens. The closest I've ever gotten to religion was during my first ILS approach at night, through a 3000ft thick coastal cloud layer with a base at 350 AGL - in the doughnut most of the way down. Or maybe a break of ~40 on the snooker table at that once-ecclesiastical College. Sadly it hasn't happened to me yet on a golf course but I haven't given up hope.

Charles.

What I find amazing is that you think I'm the one trolling.

Have another read, Chas. I'm taking the piss out of a worthy candidate. If you don't think that you are getting yanked, I've got a bridge I can sell you.

Taylor Made R11S 9 Degree

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

Originally Posted by Joakim

Mr. Bear,

I don't believe anyone can criticize Jesus. My post was a polite requst, habit as I've done this for years and never condlesended for it. J-troop replied

Please don't join the forum 3 days ago, post 92 rants about the same exact nonsense, and then try to judge other people. I didn't appreciate this reply because it was lies. I only sent a few rants to you because we were blasting my country. Also, I did not judge and fellow blogger not even you. I just posted your replies. I've never replied to a fellow blogger in any derrogatory replies. I did rant about Jason Sobel GC because every point was distorted or outright lies. I was called an idiot, insane and critcised for every point I made. I don't care for liers, one fear he passsage from bible states, it is the Liar who I hate. In my opinion my input was reseached to the best of my ability  and many other bloggers would say the same thing and not get slammed. I can't recall even responding to J-troop, it wasn't addionally it wasn't directed to you.

Back to your points, you have obvious extended schooling and knowledgle in history and obviously well schooled. Personally my father opened a restaurant when I was eleven and I was a cook along with many other responsibilies until I was 18  I went from a straight A student to barely  passing my next grade. I was tired of smelling like stakes and fries and became the best salesmen nation wide in an Aerospace and Electronics Co, where i opened at 27 an Aerospace company and eventually President/CEO of 5 companies selling and making things to Boeing, our  military.I say this because I am tired of being called stupid in so many different phrases for simply voicing constructive criticism.

I can't comment on the looks of different country men. I did study the bible from Adam ho Jesus and I would have to think if he came out in fancy robes and gold chains he would not have become our lord and savior. I really can't judge the other races but that is what brought diversitity to the world. And even accents and diverse meanings in language.

This is way off topic and went on to long. Let's just say these blogs are Americans getting to know each other and maybe one day you come over here, have a few bears and I'll take you to Pebble Beach. What course do you want to play? I recommend Spyglass.

Religion discussion closed.

Curt

Regards,

Mate, you could no easier get me round Spyglass than I could get you round Augusta (ie no chance at all).

Go find someone else who'll buy your bullshit. Maybe Chas - he's buying your 'dragged up by the boot straps' crap. Or maybe one of the low-paid Mexican and 'Asains' you employed when you were not making a fortune out of online betting. **** it, let's go to Poppy Hills and Chi-Chi and Pham can caddy for us.

Please. Stop. It hurts.

Taylor Made R11S 9 Degree

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

Originally Posted by Monte the Bear

Mate, you could no easier get me round Spyglass than I could get you round Augusta (ie no chance at all).

Go find someone else who'll buy your bullshit. Maybe Chas - he's buying your 'dragged up by the boot straps' crap. Or maybe one of the low-paid Mexican and 'Asains' you employed when you were not making a fortune out of online betting. **** it, let's go to Poppy Hills and Chi-Chi and Pham can caddy for us.

Please. Stop. It hurts.

Pebble Beach Stay & Play Package

Two Nights at

Two Rounds of golf

Note: This thread is 4189 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!