IGNORED

2012 Ryder Cup Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4214 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Vermeer

Before saying what I am going to say, please understand that I believe  the USA have the stronger team and in Davis Love 3 you have a gentleman Captain supporting all that is good in golf.

The course has been set up to favour the home team ( understand that ) but to me apart from the length it is resembling a resort course, spray the ball about and you have little chance of finding a difficult lie.

In my opinion the game (Ryder Cup) is being dumbed down. This is not sour grapes, just a sad note.

Not being dumbed down. It was set up that way on purpose. DL3 thought that setup gave the US team an advantage.

What difference does it make anyway? It's match play; they're not playing the course, they're playing each other.

Could this be a role-reversal?  So far, the US appears it may take the lead through the team events.  From what I understand, they historically struggle there and make up for it (the times that they do), in the one-on-one matchups.  This year, 4 of the top 5 golfers in the world rankings are on the Euro team, though.  Will they be the ones having to make the comeback?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by Dave2512

For real. I may be eating crow. Hope I do.

Even if they win, Strange believes they would have been sitting tomorrow morning anyway.  And it would be hard to sit Webb/Watson even if Tiger/Stricker didn't sit.  Did Furyk play a big role in the comeback against Rory/Graeme this morning?  Before the comeback, he was bringing absolutely nothing to the table.

Colsaerts appears to be playing well, from the limited action I've seen so far.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Not being dumbed down. It was set up that way on purpose. DL3 thought that setup gave the US team an advantage.

What difference does it make anyway? It's match play; they're not playing the course, they're playing each other.

The course has lost nearly a 1000 trees ( 600 in the last two years). Surely that can't be a good thing. ( Don't know if Love had anything to do with the situation)

What difference does it make?  Well, if you want to watch the Ryder Cup being played on a resort type course,nothing.

Originally Posted by Vermeer

The course has lost nearly a 1000 trees ( 600 in the last two years). Surely that can't be a good thing. ( Don't know if Love had anything to do with the situation)

What difference does it make?  Well, if you want to watch the Ryder Cup being played on a resort type course,nothing.

Lot's of older clubs have removed trees. I don't think much if any of it has to do with this particular tournament. For many of the older clubs/courses to remain PGA relevant in this era changes had to be made. It's been more than removing trees.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Dave2512

Lot's of older clubs have removed trees. I don't think much if any of it has to do with this particular tournament. For many of the older clubs/courses to remain PGA relevant in this era changes had to be made.

Right, because more often than not removing some of the old overgrown trees at an older course brings it back closer to the architect's original design and intention. This was certainly the case with Oakmont before the 2007 US Open.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Originally Posted by frikkif

Colsaerts is dragging the wagon for Westwood!

He has been impressive, good for him. Hope to see more of him in the US in the future.

Dave :-)

I think Keegan gave Phil a bigger hug than who I assume is his girlfriend. Lol.

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Performance Driver

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Perfomance 15° 3W

18° Burner 1.0 Superlaunch Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno: 4-PW MP-69 Irons

50°, 54° & 58° ATV wedges

Classic Collection #1 Black Putter

:bridgestone: Tour B330 Balls

2013 Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder w/ Jolt Technology

You don't know what pressure is until you play for five bucks with only two bucks in your pocket. -Lee Trevino

Finally Tiger wakes up!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4214 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!