IGNORED

Most Consistent Player in 2012?

MEfree
Note: This thread is 4217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who do you think was the most consistent player in 2012?

• Bo Van Pelt
    • Brandt Snedeker
    • Bubba Watson
    • Casey Wittenberg
    • Dustin Johnson
    • Hunter Mahan
    • Jim Furyk
    • Keegan Bradley
    • Lee Weestwood
    • Luke Donald
    • Luke Guthrie
    • Matt Kuchar
    • Phil Mickelson
    • Robert Garrigus
    • Rory McIlroy
    • Steve Stricker
    • Tiger Woods
    • Webb Simpson
    • Zach Johnson
    • Someone Else

I read an interview with him in a South African paper just before he won the Dunhill Links last weekend. He said he had a hard time adjusting to the new level of fame/expectation after his rocket start to the season and that it had taken him until now to really get his head and game back together.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Wansteadimp

I know, its just strange it seems to be all or nothing. Not many would be swapping with him though.

Except maybe some of those who actually received Masters invites...2 of his wins came before Augusta, but like Ernie Els, he wasn`t worthy of an invite.  He has had a great year for him considering he had to go to Euro Q school at the end of last season, but he is definitely NOT one of the more consistent at this point.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Having originally being snarky, can I now ask who has been most inconsistent?

My vote would go to Brandan Grace - in 26 events so far - 5 wins, 1 other top 10, 4 other top 20s, the rest total Meh.

In bike racing terms - win or bin.

Originally Posted by MEfree

but he is definitely NOT one of the more consistent at this point.

Hence my use of inconsistent!

Hence my use of inconsistent!

I saw you said that and wasn`t trying to contradict or correct you...just poorly phrased, I suppose by trying to say he was inconsistent by saying he was not consistent.

Yes, he would be up there for most inconsistent but I think that is even harder to measure than consistent, especially considering his schedule which included a lot of Euro events, both big and lesser as well as some SA and top USA events.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Note: This thread is 4217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!