IGNORED

Drills to fix the draw

Note: This thread is 4191 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by TakeItOnTheChin

I totally agree that face control is definitely what the OP requires but having tried this, I am having trouble feeling the right wrist conditions at impact. Can you elaborate on this condition and how you manage to feel it?

Thanks

It's hard to explain without picture or video, but I will try.

Basically, this drill is to help you prevent rolling your wrists (too much) on the follow-through.  Keeping your right wrist firm will help you to keep the club-face square at and through impact, and if you are able to control the face, you'll be able to hit a cut or draw on demand with the firmness or lack of firmness of your wrists.

At impact, your right wrist should be in line with your left thigh and through your follow through keep the wrist in front of the club-face as it was at impact.  Again, if you were to draw a line on the bottom side of your wrist, it'd look the same as the club-face.  You should not be swinging hard enough to where you feel you need to turn the club-face over.  The ball should probably only go about 20 yards or so (I use PW.)

You'll know you are doing it right when your forearm starts to burn.

Originally Posted by CollegeGolfer

It's hard to explain without picture or video, but I will try.

Basically, this drill is to help you prevent rolling your wrists (too much) on the follow-through.  Keeping your right wrist firm will help you to keep the club-face square at and through impact, and if you are able to control the face, you'll be able to hit a cut or draw on demand with the firmness or lack of firmness of your wrists.

At impact, your right wrist should be in line with your left thigh and through your follow through keep the wrist in front of the club-face as it was at impact.  Again, if you were to draw a line on the bottom side of your wrist, it'd look the same as the club-face.  You should not be swinging hard enough to where you feel you need to turn the club-face over.  The ball should probably only go about 20 yards or so (I use PW.)

You'll know you are doing it right when your forearm starts to burn.

Thanks for the explanation. I gave it a go on the range this morning and I was getting some feedback from my forearm, and you are right it did start to burn. I was however getting better or more feedback from the top three fingers (not thumb and index) and found that I could control the clubface direction when I felt the position of the relevant fingernails. In fact, the three fingernails line up closely to the imaginary 'line on the bottom side of my wrist.'

As my fingers are holding the club, this seems to give me more control. What do you think?

Note: This thread is 4191 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!