IGNORED

Embarrising moments at the course!?

Chilidipper
Note: This thread is 6105 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Living in MN doesn't allow for the playing of too many great courses, especially since I don't travel. I did manage to get out with a buddy of mine to a fairly nice course a few weeks ago though. We were both playing pretty decently (what would be considered horribly for most others here) but the moment happened on a Par 4 15th.

We both hit our drives, his about 50 yards from the green and mine in the rough about 60 yards out. My friend pulled the cart up next to my ball and grabbed his wedge and putter so as not to keep the group behind us waiting. I hit a nice wedge to within 5 feet and, feeling pretty good, jumped in to the cart he had left for me. Just as I hit the gas and the brake unlocked, a bug flew into my eye. Out of shock I laid my foot down on the gas and, not realizing my buddy had left the wheel cranked to left, drove directly into a huge evergreen tree.

When I regained my senses and back out of the forest, I looked at the teebox behind me to accept my applause. Only then did I look forward and see my friend rolling on the green laughing at the branch sticking out of my hat.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a caddy for a college teammate of mine and he was trying to qualify for the U.S. Amateur. The first tee is right by the putting green and needless to say he was nervous. He hits it a long way and the first hole was realtively short, so I suggested that he just take a nice easy 3 wood off the tee and that would leave him about 140-150 out. Well, he tops his tee shot about 20 yards in front of everyone. Now he's flustered. "Ok, just bust this 3 iron down there and try to get up and down with a wedge." SHANK.... into number 2 fairway. I thought this was going to be a long day. We get to number 2 fairway and he has about 225 to the green over some trees. I know what club he needs to hit, but I dont want to tell him. "Uh, I think it's another 3 iron." Wouldn't you know it, he hit the prettiest 3 iron over the trees and onto the green about 8 feet. He made the putt for the best opening hole par I have ever seen. Too bad everyone watching those first 2 shots couldn't see his latter 2.

Sorry for the length
In My Bag:

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 TP 9˚ -Diamana Kai'li 65
Woods: cleveland.gif Launcher FL 13˚
Hybrids: titleist.gif909H 19˚, 24˚Irons: mizuno.gif MP-53  5-P Wedges:  mizuno.gif MP-T11 50, 54 titleist.gifBlack Nickel 58.08 Putter: cleveland.gifClassic Black Platinum #2 Ball: titleist.gif ProV1x -  Hole-in-one 4/17/09 www.colonialcountryclub.org

I was teeing off about a week ago with a surgeon and his assistant, we were late for our tee time (not my fault) so there was a foursome waiting already, I teed up and just got this driver from pro shop that they let me borrow and I never hit it yet, I duffed the shot and it went twenty feet into a ravine, second shot, I did the same thing, I just got in the cart and took off!! Last week I shanked a shot into another fairways bunker, smashed it out with a five iron, hits a tree and comes right back at me into the bunker. I just try to make a joke of it, and lighten up the situation, I saw these two woman standing there, and I said please go ahead and laugh, it would make me feel much more comfortable, they started cracking up, and I took a bow!!
I took one of my employees golfing and he is pretty bad and he was about 40 feet from green over a pond, he hits three balls right into the drink, he normally is the calmest guy ever, next thing you know he throws his club at the pond, it hits the water, skips over the pond and lands on the rough of the green, I told him that at least his club went further than his ball and he was more than welcome to drop there if he wanted! He was pissed!!

[QUOTE=scotton;57574]The most embarrassing thing is to not put the strap on your bag. Then when you go to haul ass with both hands off the first tee, your bag crashes to the ground. Everyone on the course knows what that sound is.

I did that the second time I went out, I was with my girl and she was just riding with me, and when everyone looked at me, I turned to her and said I can't believe you forgot to strap in the bag...I slept on the couch that night!!

When I was younger I played with my dad's clubs once in a while. Once when we went together I asked if I could hit his driver, he let me of course. Well when I hit the ball, i apparently didn't even hit the club head, I HIT THE SHAFT, and it shattered. I was bawling my eyes out, scared shitless lol. But he was suprisingly calm, and felt bad. I still chuckle every time I think about it, haha.

I love to hate this damn game.

It's when you get let through, but you hit an awful shot. They are thinking 'have we really just let these through?' and your thinking, 'oh god, that's messed up a round in which I was playing fantastic.'
Happens often for me.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

I was playing behind this group the other day, and they asked me to join them. We started talking and I said that I was a pretty average golfer, which really is true, but I am a long hitter compared to most.

The next hole is a 500 yard par-5 with a little slope down to the 150 post, and of course my tee shot I absolutely rip the ball and it trickles down to 140. I have PW into the par-5 while they were all a good 75 yards back.

"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

• Administrator
I was playing behind this group the other day, and they asked me to join them. We started talking and I said that I was a pretty average golfer, which really is true, but I am a long hitter compared to most.

Gee, how embarrassing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wouldn't that be embarassing for the

other guys?
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Wouldn't that be embarassing for the

No, because I just told them how bad at golf I am. Blasting longest drive of the season after that =

"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

If you're a 10 capper, you're not bad...average game of golf is in the low 100's.

Embarassing would be what I did yesterday - 3rd hole, 180 yard par 3, up hill about 50 feet. Beer cart girl blazes on by without offering me a drink, she goes on up the hill and around the other side of the green.

I hack my 3 iron off line to the right, and have no choice but to yell "Fore!" as the ball flies in her direction and lands within a foot of her cart.

Now how am I supposed to get drinks on the course?
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

The most embarrassing thing is to not put the strap on your bag. Then when you go to haul ass with both hands off the first tee, your bag crashes to the ground. Everyone on the course knows what that sound is.

Or where you stand your bag up, go to take a couple of practice swings, then all of a sudden just as you set up, then the bag falls over. It's like the bags timed to deliberately put you off.

In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

Also, I once 4-Putted 2 consecutive (8,9) holes to lose by a stroke to my friend, if those had both just been 3-Putts I would have walked off that course 50$ richer that day.

Considering I had never 4-Putted a hole in my life before that, it was kind of embarassing, but far more frustrating.

- Stuart Appleby

Mine was a "greatest moment/WORST moment" - So there we are on the 10th hole tee box (par 4) I pull back and let one go. It comes out good but gets too high in the wind and runs into a grove of trees on the right hand side. Get to the ball and I am looking at 150 yards, between two trees with limbs hanging everywhere. Oh yeah, did I mention the two incredibly hot women playing their second shot on 18 and right by me?

You know where this is going. They were waiting to hit their second and decided to watch how I was going to get out of this one. I dip my shot which comes out like a rocket right between the trees, flies up with a hard right flight and lands...3 feet from the hole. YES!!!

The girls are both telling me what a great shot it was and as I am walking toward the green looking back and giving my winning smile...I walk right into the tree, the club head hits flat and pushes the shaft of my club into my baby maker...I limped for the whole back 9 and nursed my ego back to health.

Yeah...best shot/worst result

Eric Richardson

VP of Real Estate Agent Sales

What's in the bag:Driver: 9.5 R93Wood: 15.0Irons: 4-SW BurnerPutter:Ball: with the occasional found ProV1 Home courses: Coffee Creek and Rose Creek

If you're a 10 capper, you're not bad...average game of golf is in the low 100's.

That's unwarranted harassment from an empoyee of the course. BUT, Maybe you really wanted to hit it there.

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

Mine was a "greatest moment/WORST moment" - So there we are on the 10th hole tee box (par 4) I pull back and let one go. It comes out good but gets too high in the wind and runs into a grove of trees on the right hand side. Get to the ball and I am looking at 150 yards, between two trees with limbs hanging everywhere. Oh yeah, did I mention the two incredibly hot women playing their second shot on 18 and right by me?

One of the best " Good news- Bad news" lines since, " Good news, you're on the green- Bad news, It's your putt".

I hope the ladies didn't see your accident.

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

I'll never forget the time when I was trying to navigate down a massive slope with my cart, losing my footing, falling on my arse and my bag fell over with my clubs scattering everywhere.

I just started playing the game and never had any golf shoes so was sliiping up all over the place.

In my bag:

Driver R7 Superquad
3 Wood: Burner
Irons: 3-PW MP-60Wedges: MP R Series Chrome 52* 56* 60*Putter: Bettinardi C-SeriesBall: NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 6105 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!