IGNORED

Embarrising moments at the course!?

Chilidipper
Note: This thread is 6104 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One of the best " Good news- Bad news" lines since, " Good news, you're on the green- Bad news, It's your putt".

Sadly, they watched every "America's Funniest Home Videos" moment. I knew this not because I turned around to see...but the volume of the laughter behind me.

Eric Richardson

VP of Real Estate Agent Sales

What's in the bag:Driver: 9.5 R93Wood: 15.0Irons: 4-SW BurnerPutter:Ball: with the occasional found ProV1 Home courses: Coffee Creek and Rose Creek

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Over here, we have a pretty rainy climate, so groundskeepers are out any day the sun is shining, at peak times, despite the fact the course will be busy.

I'd just started playing, and was out with the work golf society. Me, another beginner, and a guy who was very good made up the three ball. I'd hit a decent tee shot and was centre right of the fairway, taking a mid iron to leave myself with a wedge to the green. We could see the groundskeepers up ahead repairing divots, and the fairly good playing partner suggested I shout fore before I hit the ball. I have to admit, this sounds fairly sensible.

I felt a bit rediculous when the guy literally ran and ducked behind his little van on hearing me shout FORE! though, before I'd even so much as began my backswing. I ended up hooking it a lil, and it landed within a yard of his van, just after he'd stood up.

andy.

This didn't happen to me but I'm gonna post it anyways

It was me, my dad, and his friend playing about 2 weeks ago. My dad's friend had never played before, and me and my dad were pretty new to golf also. This happened on a friday afternoon after twilight, so obviously the place was packed and there were a bunch of carts waiting for us. On the first hole I led off and hit, and then did my dad, we both hit pretty good shots. Then it was my dad's friend's turn to go, so he gets set and he swings as hard as he could, he hit the ball on the ground, but the most embarrasing thing was that he let go of the club and it went flying about 40-50 yards, it was so bad that everyone was laughing and stuff.

In my Essex Stand Bag:
3 Wood: F/Speed - Aldila S Graphite Shaft
Hybrid: Halo 3i 22° - R Graphite Shaft
Wedges: Glass Bead - Lob Wedge - 60°Putter: Tour Collection MX400 (LOVE IT!)Ball: HX-Tour 56 - Pro-V1XHome Courses: Stone Mountain Golf Course (73.5/134)

1st hole right by the club house, playing with a friend of mine who is nationally ranked, a scratch golfer, the whole deal. After a pathetic first drive I topped my second shot so hard it got caught in the ground and rolled backwards. SOOO Embarrassing.

Of course, anytime you have to yell "FORE" to people on another fairway is always a bad feeling

In The Bag

Driver: Launcher 400cc
Fairway Wood: Big Bertha 7 Wood
Hybrid: 3H X Hybrid 21 DegreesIrons: Slingshot OSS 4-PWGW: CG10 52 DegreesSW: Tour Action 56 DegreesPutter: White Hot Marxman XG Mallet

Of course I can probably name many of times that were embarrassing moments for myself, but the most RECENT moment I can remember was that of someone else...

This was about 1 week ago, me and my 3 buddies are waiting to tee off, and we notice we have a family in front of us playing (father, mother, and 2 daughters). The two daughters in a separate cart decide to drive up to the ladies tee in there cart without letting their Dad tee off. So he yells "JUST STAND ASIDE", he snap hooks one RIGHT to her, I swear it almost took off her head, on a side note the ball went out of bounds so he yells "SIT IN THE ****ING CART" (In my head I was saying, this guy can still nail the cart), she takes cover inside the cart and what do you know... the ball just misses her and hits the cart DEAD on. I felt awful for the guy, his daughters were embarrassed, everyone including the starter, and groups on the tee waiting were laughing insanely, I held it in till they left, was too funny not to laugh

Currently in my titleist.gif X86 stand bag:

taylormade.gif R7 Superquad 9.5* (Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Board); taylormade.gif R7 15*; titleist.gif 585H 21*, adams.gif ---*; --- 4-9 (KBS); vokey.gif [48*], 56*, 60* (SM); cameron.gifStudio Select Newport 2 Midslant 34"

Ball - titleist.gif Pro V1X

My Uncle and a group of between 6-8 other guys go out at the asscrack of dawn every Sunday morning at a small public course. They have been doing this for so long that they are allowed to go off in whatever size group they have because everyone there knows them at this point (there is never anyone else there at such an ungodly hour, so it's not bad).

The course is a bit of a cow pasture, and there is one hole that is pretty low, so even when there hasn't been much rain in the area, it is still a bit wet. This morning, though, it was very wet. Marshy, even. My Uncle, who had only been playing for one season when this happened, ended up in the soggy stuff, but decided to try and retrieve his ball anyway.

After a few steps in, he reached down to pick up his ball and one of his feet just got swallowed up by this mud. It was halfway up his shin. He lost his balance and tipped over and got his whole side muddy. He finally righted himself and freed his leg. Just when everyone thought he would try to get out of the mud and retreat back to terra firma, he went down to his knees and stuck his whole arm down into the mud, a la John Goodman in Raising Arizona when he is breaking his buddy out. He starts fishing around and finally comes up with...his shoe, which was one half of a pair he had bought only a week before.

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

was in the range one day,tee'd up a ball very high and whipped out the 58*..........hit the roof and ball bouncing all over the place!

Was playing local course and was called thru by the group in front,long par 4,what happened! knocked my drive down along the ground 70yards or so. boy was i red faced!

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

was in the range one day,tee'd up a ball very high and whipped out the 58*..........hit the roof and ball bouncing all over the place!

I had that happen a couple weeks ago, or well, sort of - a buddy and I were playing through a slow twosome - older ladies who called us to play through. My buddy takes a whack at it and his second shot lands up by the green. I take a whack at mine - boom, shank right towards the ladies' cart.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

would hitting cars that are driving by fall into the embarrassing category?
What's in the bag... ( Revolver)

Driver: Big Bertha Diablo 8*
3 Wood: 4DX Fairway 15*
3I-PW: X20 Tours (Rifle Project X Flighted 6.0)Wedges: CG12 Black Pearl 50* 54* SM Vokey X-Forged 58* C GrindPutter: Classic #2 66* lieBalls: Various

I was playing with a buddy of mine, and we were on the tee of the 3rd hole, a par 3. I was first to hit; a reasonably good shot about 20-25 ft. away from the cup. The 3rd hole runs parallel with the 2nd, with only about 2 trees separating each fairway. By the time I had hit, the cart behind us was riding up the side of the 2nd fairway towards the 2nd green. My buddy swaggers to the tee and absolutely SHANKS one right in their direction. With the ball traveling faster than the speed of light, we both yell fore at the top of our lungs. Both guys in the cart duck down for their lives as we watch it hit one of the vertical bars on the side of their windshield, caroming even farther off into the 2nd fairway. Although it didn't happen to me, I was still pretty embarrassed.

The sticks:
Driver: r5 10.5° Stiff N
3 wood: 980f 15°
Irons: RAC OS 4-9
Wedges: 48° & 56°, SV 60°Putter: TracyBall: NXT Tour

During my club's canadian matchplay final in december 2005, on the 15th hole my father and i were one up, i chipped on within a foot, i thought i heard the other team concede (as they were at least two putts away from completing the hole and we were one shot ahead at this stage), i still don't know why i did it, trying to be nice maybe? i picked up the other teams ball and handed it to them (i was walking past and thought i would save them the trouble of walking over to pick it up) that started a run a bad holes and we ended up losing 1 down on the 18th, at the time i was extremely embarrassed and to this day when it is mentioned i still feel as embarrassed.

In the bag:

Clubs.

During my club's canadian matchplay final in december 2005, on the 15th hole my father and i were one up, i chipped on within a foot, i thought i heard the other team concede (as they were at least two putts away from completing the hole and we were one shot ahead at this stage), i still don't know why i did it, trying to be nice maybe? i picked up the other teams ball and handed it to them (i was walking past and thought i would save them the trouble of walking over to pick it up) that started a run a bad holes and we ended up losing 1 down on the 18th, at the time i was extremely embarrassed and to this day when it is mentioned i still feel as embarrassed.

wow, that sounds pretty

wow, that sounds pretty

yeah, i learnt alot that day though, don't be afraid to ask your opponent to repeat something if they mumble it the first time, i was told that the other player had just said that it was a good chip.

In the bag:

Clubs.

• 3 weeks later...
Teeing off on a par 3 last weekend... using an 8iron. Carts are parked about 10yds in front of the teebox off to the right and my friend's sister (extremely hot) is sitting in one of the carts. I completely shanked my tee shot and it bee-lined RIGHT AT HER! Missed her by about a foot and left a nasty ball mark in the cart's back support on the seat lol

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

Played a course last Saturday that snakes through a subdivision. One of the houses is only about 10 yards off the beginning of the fairway and tee box; it looks oddly close. I sliced (barely) my first shot right into the house's siding and it sounded like an explosion. The owner's wife was sitting on the rear patio and boy did she yelp. I apologized profusely and she said it was alright and that it happened often. Luckily, my ball had bounced back onto the fairway.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

A friend of mine who doesn't really golf hit his ball THROUGH his own legs on the first tee once. That was quite funny.

Home Course:
Town of Colonie (69.7-70.1, 119-125)

A friend of mine who doesn't really golf hit his ball THROUGH his own legs on the first tee once. That was quite funny.

Holy hell that is funny!

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

• Administrator
Is it at all embarrassing that the OP misspelled "embarrising"?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6104 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!