IGNORED

Embarrising moments at the course!?

Chilidipper
Note: This thread is 6103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is it at all embarrassing that the OP misspelled "embarrising"?

nope, unless we lose rep points for mistakes
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
nope, unless we lose rep points for mistakes

I think looking like a doofus is punishment enough.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think looking like a doofus is punishment enough.

Case Closed!

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

16th hole at Twin Oaks - my high school's golf outing. It's the hole where they're measuring shortest drives. I whiffed.

I was like "Well, put the marker behind the tee box, I guess...".

My first trophy, come to think of it... Shortest Drive ...
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

16th hole at Twin Oaks - my high school's golf outing. It's the hole where they're measuring shortest drives. I whiffed.

I'm sorry man, that sucks!

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

I recall playing at this par 3 course on the outskirts of town, with 3 of my uncles.

Opening hole, I step up to the tee with a sand wedge and proceed to swing. I blade the shot, and the ball goes right and makes a beeline straight towards this guy on the putting green.

I'm thinking "OH sh*t"...this could be ugly, and after a quick "FORE," the ball hits this skinny little tree, the only tree between the ball and the guy. I'm not sure the fellow knew how close he was to death.

Afterwards, the guys just laughed at me. I was embarrased yet thankful I didn't take the guy's head off.
You don't know what pressure is until you've played for five dollars a hole with only two in your pocket - Lee Trevino

MP-600 @ 10.5°
Insight BUL 3-wood @ 15°
Insight BUL 5-wood @ 18° IDEA a2 4i Hybrid @ 23° MX-25 5-PW MP-R Series 52° > 50°/05° MP-R Series 54°/10° MP-R...

man, the most embarrassing moments on the course involved topped shots? i must play with some true knuckleheads then. here's a few of my best memories:

1) a buddy whiffs about 5 times before the teaching pro notices us all laughing and stops his lesson, walks over to the guy, and hands him his business card

2) another buddy hits an exploding golf ball and is initially convinced he's so strong he legitimately destroyed a titlelist

3) one of my friends and i are walking to an island green, only to realize he's got his beer in one hand and his putter cover in the other (putter's still in the cart)

4) once one of my crew's swings took out the tee from under the ball, but the ball just dropped into the divot, officially giving him the title of world's shortest golf shot i'd ever seen

5) back when i first started playing i hit my last ball into the sht, and still trying to finish the round, stepped into the thick stuff to track the ball down. not realizing it's really muck, i sink my foot into about 8 inches of nastiness, and use my club off a tree root to get my foot out, sans shoe. so now i've got this disgusting crap on my leg and my sock, and my damn shoe is still sinking like the titanic hosting a bbw singles swap.

anyway i reach back into the sht, find my shoe, but still no ball, and my buddy is playing his last ball too.

so i throw away my socks, take my other shoe off, and try to scrub off some of nature's finest off my leg while i get in the cart to get the F out of dodge. unfortunately a few people definitely saw me rolling up with my brown leg, no shoes, and no socks.

to this day i always keep an extra pair of socks in the bag...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Flickr pics from hacking it up at Pebble, Bandon, Pinehurst, Whistling Straits, the Black, Kiawah & more...

Mine happened over an entire round not just one duffed shot or a shanked shot.

When I was a freshman on my highschool team my coach loved me becaues I was the #2 player on the team and all the other freshmen shot around 120 for 18 holes while I shot anywhere from 78-85 - and I played well in the first few high school matches that we had.

Well one weekend he asked me to go play golf with him and his brother at a local course I had played all the time and was fairly easy compared to the others in my area. Both him and his brother were extremely good at golf, pretty much scratch golfers and both of them played for UCLA. On the whole car way over he was bragging to his brother about me how good I was playing and how good I would be and all that and I just sat in the back of his truck with a big smile on my face anticipating a great round.

Once we finally got to the course I tee'd off and hit a terrible drive, I dont remember what I did but I remember It started off extremely bad. I ended up taking a 8 or a 9, while my coach looked at me like some thing possesed my me because hed never seen me do that. Unfortunately there was no come back story here and the rest of the round followed suite, It was so traumatizing to me I cant even remember what happened after the first hole because I was so embarassed I ended up shooting a score in the high 90's like a 98 or something really close to 100, something I hadn't done in years - and spent the whole way back quiet in his truck.

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
-Michael Jordan

On friday, I got paired up (front 9 only) with a couple people who were rolling blunts on the course. 4 to be exact, meaning it was a pretty loose round, alot of joking and smack talk. I shot a 41.......

......so I make the turn and feel decent about where the round is heading. The twosome I played with takes off, and I get paired up with one of the club pros and an 18 y.o. kid with a 3 handi. I tee off first and f'ing duff one about 75 yards. Great.......but I chalk it up to a lunch ball. Get up to it and take out a 5 wood to make up some ground (it's a par5). Hit it great, but it hits the tree ahead and slightly right and ricochets back about 75 feet towards the tee box. Wonderful. Now I'm walking back shaking my head, more than a little embarassed. I take my 5 wood and hit another crappy shot, WTF? Now I'm getting pissed, trying to figure out what happened. I calm myself down and hit a screamer, about 240, just ripped, but a little too far and it ends up behind a tree......I try and go over it and clipped a branch and knocks straight down. Literally everything that could have gone wrong, did. I carded a 9.

Driver: Titleist 907D1
3W: 906F2 15
5W: Cobra SZ HS
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 21
Irons: Taylormade Rac LT2 Wedges: Vokey SM 52 + 56 Putter: Some old piece of crap

Hmm, well last year was my Freshman year of High School, and i was trying out for the golf team. So the first day of tryouts i had a brand new Callaway X 3 wood, i had never hit it in a real golfing atmosphere, cause i got it at Dick's the night before. So i go up there, its about a 290 yd Par4. I address the ball, swing, and i top the ball and hit it off the Heel of the heel, the ball hits me in the shin, and rolls about 10 yds to the ladies tees. Talk about embarrasing. The sad thing is that i did the same thing 2 days in a row.

In My Taylormade Phatom St Bag Today:

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5* Proforce v2 65 Stiff
Wood: Burner 15* Matrix Ozik X-con 5 X
Hybrid: CLK Fli Hi 20* Exsar StiffIrons: 755 4-pw Dynamic Gold s300Wedges: Mp-t 53* Solus 56* Black Finish rac tp satin 60*Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select...

I was playing in a scramble a few weeks ago. I had been bombing my driver all day. Hadn't really ever hit it this well. Then there is a relatively short part-4 with water all down the right side and in front right of the green. The beer cart girls just happened to stop right next to our cart and they were both about my age and damn good lookin. Needless to say I'm going to try and show off a little to them, just as anyone would. I proceed to top it about 30 feet and right into the water. DOH!!

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

I can remember several...the best ones:

For me, it was playing the Old Course at St. Andrews. Road hole, and although we'd been playing mens' regular tees all day, we decided (with the caddies' blessing, of course) to play the championship tee, so as to be able to have the great drive over the road hole "hotel" building. I proceeded to slam 2 balls into the face of the building, each sounding like a 12-guage shotgun blast.

A funny/embarassing one I remember from my brother was playing a nice course on Cape Cod, a resort course which was in beautiful condition and upon which many well-dressed, wealthy vacationers were enjoying a quiet but very slow, resort-type round. My brother was hacking it around terribly that day, and on a par 3 hole where several groups were waiting, he topped his iron shot and hit it into the forward tee's tee marker, a beautiful, ornate, mini-sculpture type marker, shattering it into a million pieces and making an awful sound. I felt his pain, but it was tough to keep a straight face.

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My fiancee, who recently picked up golf, sometimes swings and completely misses. Since I know her well I can always tell when she does this. I told her to just pretend that she was taking a practice swing. No one will know the better. And maybe to put on some more make up to hide her blushing face when she does. hehe

Another funny moment on the course....

Me and a fraternity brother went out to play one day a few months ago. He is decent, but doesn't play nearly enough to be consistent. He hit his tee shot into some trees on the left. He wasn't very far from the green as this is a short course and he had a pretty open shot. His shot centers a tree and comes right back at him nailing him right in the chest. He fell straight to the ground and I followed shortly after because I was laughing so hard.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

My brother, my Dad, and I were on the 2nd hole and it was an early tee time which meant the grass was wet with dew still. To cut to the chase... me and my brother were in a cart driving down the middle of the fairway (disregarding the 90* rule) when suddenly I noticed a slope in the fairway leading to a 10ft drop off followed by a large bunker. Apparantley I panicked and locked up the breaks which put our cart into a spin careening down this fairway towards the dropoff point. I quickly dove out of the cart to save my life, but my brother was not so lucky. He attempted to hit the gas to unlock the breaks but instead wedged his shoe in between the two pedals. Stuck to his fate my brother went down with the cart off the cliff and into the bunker. The cart landed on its four wheels with no axle damage and still operational. My dad missed the whole thing, and it goes down in history as the single most hilarious event in our golfing careers. Fear not, we raked the sand after driving out.

When I was young and foolish - about 16 - I was with a friend on a local 9 hole course. one hole is a par 4, all down hill. The electric carts had zero compression breaking, so they just went faster and faster if pointed downhill. It was early in the morning, had dew on the ground, and we were flying down the middle of the fairway. I slammed on the brake, locked the wheel to the left, and made two complete 360° turns before coming to what I thought was a graceful stop. Then the maintenance guy stepped out from behind some trees and said we can keep playing, but he was going to have to revoke our cart priviledges for the day. We felt pretty silly carrying our big cart bags for the next 15 holes.

Driver: Superquad 9.5° - XS
3 Wood: Big Bertha II 15° - S
Irons: Mizuno MX-20
Wedges: Mizuno 50-06, 56-11, 60-05
Putter: Hog Mallet

I was playing in a scramble a few weeks ago. I had been bombing my driver all day. Hadn't really ever hit it this well. Then there is a relatively short part-4 with water all down the right side and in front right of the green. The beer cart girls just happened to stop right next to our cart and they were both about my age and damn good lookin. Needless to say I'm going to try and show off a little to them, just as anyone would. I proceed to top it about 30 feet and right into the water. DOH!!

ouchh i had an experience that was the opposite--crushed my drive over 300 lol

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

Note: This thread is 6103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!