IGNORED

SoCal Golfers

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 2150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

The only Sunday in December that I am not already booked, however, is the 16th (tournament at Talega the 2nd, and out of town the 9th and 23rd) so I may miss you guys next month.

we should do it on Dec 16th so Golfingdad can play....

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I agree.  Golfingdad is a good guy.  I've played with him several times and always enjoyed the round.  I vote for the 16th.

Ha!  What he's not telling you is that he enjoys playing with me because I stink and am easily beatable.

We haven't played for money yet, but if we had, he'd have waxed me every time.

Oh, and I like Mile Square too.  (Haven't been there in forever though)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Love mile square and I can do that weekend. I am also unavailable the 8th.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

players or classic?

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

players or classic?

Either is fine with me.  They are both very similar in design and layout from what I recall.  I would say go with whichever is available.  The challenge is going to be getting a tee time for more than 4 guys.  From what I recall, the course books up fairly quickly.  So whomever is volunteering to set this up, may have to make a few calls to the course to work through the details?

Also, we should start a fresh thread for this so that people see it and it doesn't get lost in this thread.

• 3 months later...

Just joined this group.  I'll be moving to SoCal (sort of) this summer; figure I'll be playing as much golf as I can in and around the San Bernadino area.  Maybe I'll be able to join up with one of your outings at some point.

• Upvote 1

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

• 2 weeks later...

Short: Anyone interested in playing Tustin Ranch next Thursday?

Long: Next Thursday is my B-day, and in years past I got free golf at TR, but this year I get 18 for $25 (a major discount that I HAVE to take advantage of. I can also bring "Birthday Guests" along and they get to play for $60 (which is a small discount off the 'normal' $85 dollar rate (plus I get in for free if people are playing with me)....

So, again, anyone interested in playing next Thurday afternoon, say around 1pm? PM if you are....

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Originally Posted by jefkve

Short: Anyone interested in playing Tustin Ranch next Thursday?

Long: Next Thursday is my B-day, and in years past I got free golf at TR, but this year I get 18 for $25 (a major discount that I HAVE to take advantage of. I can also bring "Birthday Guests" along and they get to play for $60 (which is a small discount off the 'normal' $85 dollar rate (plus I get in for free if people are playing with me)....

So, again, anyone interested in playing next Thurday afternoon, say around 1pm? PM if you are....

Happy Birthday!  I just hit it up there for my birthday a couple weeks ago.  You should get free golf, lunch, and range balls if you have another person with you who is paying.

Originally Posted by Pakoh

Happy Birthday!  I just hit it up there for my birthday a couple weeks ago.  You should get free golf, lunch, and range balls if you have another person with you who is paying.

Yeah, I thats what I was fishing for....but looks like I'll just play as a single. Apparently Thursday is REALLY busy.

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Originally Posted by jefkve

Yeah, I thats what I was fishing for....but looks like I'll just play as a single. Apparently Thursday is REALLY busy.

I wish I could do it, but I snuck out of work last week to play once, and am going to sneak out of work either next week or the following week to get out to Oak Creek for the first time.  I got a tournament there in a few weeks and wanna give it a look-see first if I can.

Good luck!  And we'll see you April 7th in Palm Springs!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I wish I could do it, but I snuck out of work last week to play once, and am going to sneak out of work either next week or the following week to get out to Oak Creek for the first time.  I got a tournament there in a few weeks and wanna give it a look-see first if I can.

Good luck!  And we'll see you April 7th in Palm Springs!

Thanks! I'll be sure to post some pics and do a review after my round as well. REALLY looking forward to #11. TR seems like a really nice course. And Oak Creek is supposed to be really nice as well. Hoping to get out there soon as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, posted a short review and a pic for TR. Was a really nice course, but a bit pricey though. Pretty sure I wont be headed back except for 1) Early morning rounds ("The Big Easy": $26 for 9 holes played from the reds; perfect for an early round before work) 2) Birthdays (mine or anyone else where we can play for a discount)

Looks like I'm gonna go play Riverview this weekend. Hopefully will get some more pics to post from there as I know many people have asked me about the course (it has a less than stellar rep).

Looks like I'm gonna go play Riverview this weekend. Hopefully will get some more pics to post from there as I know many people have asked me about the course (it has a less than stellar rep).

Riverview, ughh.. Real inexpensive course but just ehhh. has some fun holes and good greens but more often than not I try and stay away.

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

Riverview, ughh.. Real inexpensive course but just ehhh. has some fun holes and good greens but more often than not I try and stay away.

Yeah. As you're well aware, rates in OC can be brutal, so in that respect its nice. It certainly could use some work on the conditions. Fairways, iirc, are just shy of terrible. Pics on Monday!

btw, your "ehhh" is pretty close to the 4.68/10 "Fair" rating I saw for it elsewhere....

Oh, and river was actually full when I drove by there yesterday, so hopefully it'll be nicer than usual....

• 5 years later...
  • Administrator

There’s a Club for this now @k761.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!