IGNORED

Anyone Getting an iPhone?

iacas
Note: This thread is 5750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not gonna replace my current iPhone until the 3G network gets a little bigger. Looking at the coverage maps, 3G is limited to major cities, and even then it's kinda spotty. I get EDGE everywhere. I'll trade some speed for availability all day long.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool deal. I guess they must mean one per purchase.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

its very likely that the iphone will not even make a debut in australia

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Same here.

Not gonna replace my current iPhone until the 3G network gets a little bigger. Looking at the coverage maps, 3G is limited to major cities, and even then it's kinda spotty. I get EDGE everywhere. I'll trade some speed for availability all day long.

In my Warbird Hot:
Driver: Burner 10.5* Reg Flex
3 Wood: Mercury Golf MR Jumbo 16*
Irons: X-20 4-AW
Putter: 33" Rossa FontanaShoes:Footjoy Contour

I'm late to this thread, but I picked up iPhones for me and my wife opening day, and we've loved them ever since. Before I bought them my wife was not particularly excited or interested, but I knew it was going the be really cool. The user interface was just so good.

Since she got one my wife has become an iPhone evangelist. I think the ease of use and ubiquitous internet with a real web browser are revolutionary.

Sadly I broke my screen a couple weeks ago. Now the bottom section of the touchscreen doesn't work. Make it rather difficult to use, although not completely useless. But it's a good excuse to upgrade when the new 3G iPhone comes out.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just an update, rumors I hear are that the upcoming phone (next week or so) will have 3G, but also still have EDGE. Also looks like the back might be glossy black. Stay tuned!

So my buddy has an iphone and it is probably the coolest thing I have ever seen. I heard rumors about being able to crack the iphone so you could use it with other carriers other then AT&T.; Anyone know if there is any truth to that?
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Yes, you can unlock the iPhone so that it can be used with other GSM carriers. These days it's quite easy to do. Note that in the US, the only other GSM carrier is T-mobile. Verizon and Sprint use CDMA which is not compatible.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons

Yes, you can unlock the iPhone so that it can be used with other GSM carriers. These days it's quite easy to do. Note that in the US, the only other GSM carrier is T-mobile. Verizon and Sprint use CDMA which is not compatible.

Thanks! I actually just finished reading the same thing. Well I guess Ill just get a Blackberry instead.

"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

While it is possible, you lose some really cool network-related features, most notably Visual Voicemail, where you can manage your voicemail inbox by selecting what you want to hear now, later, never, skip forward, skip back, pause, etc. One of the coolest things on them. Also, T-mobile doesn't have EDGE as far as I know (they have a different 2.5G protocol fwiu, plus some 3G), so you wouldn't be able to use broadband data with it.

The next generation was announced today. It supports 3G cellular networking, has a GPS and is half the cost of the first iPhone. It'll be release July 11th. I'll be getting one then.

I've got a 4gb model and absolutely love it.

In my Warbird Hot:
Driver: Burner 10.5* Reg Flex
3 Wood: Mercury Golf MR Jumbo 16*
Irons: X-20 4-AW
Putter: 33" Rossa FontanaShoes:Footjoy Contour

I hacked my iPhone to run on T-Mobile and use their $5.99 tzones plan for edge access. Edge internet works great. Slow, but great. Requires quite a bit of hackery though.

Drooling over the new 3G phones with GPS...

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

The next generation was announced today. It supports 3G cellular networking, has a GPS and is half the cost of the first iPhone. It'll be release July 11th. I'll be getting one then.

Does the fact that it is 3G mean I could use it with SPRINT?

In The Bag:

Does the fact that it is 3G mean I could use it with SPRINT?

Perhaps, but you will have to wait until it's unlocked and jailbroken. It'll probably take the hackerz a few weeks to figure it out.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Geez, that really sucks that Apple is "tied" to AT&T.; Apple would probably triple their sales of the iphone if it wasnt locked to AT&T; exclusively.

In The Bag:

Note: This thread is 5750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!