IGNORED

Anyone Getting an iPhone?

iacas
Note: This thread is 5752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does the fact that it is 3G mean I could use it with SPRINT?

I don't think so. I don't think their 3rd generation technologies are compatible, since Sprint's is based on CDMA.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Spring is not compatible, no. Neither is Verizon.

In the U.S., it's AT&T; or T-Mobile, basically.
Geez, that really sucks that Apple is "tied" to AT&T.; Apple would probably triple their sales of the iphone if it wasnt locked to AT&T; exclusively.

There's something to be said for exclusivity. They'll sell just about as many as they can make - why would they want more demand?

I'll be getting a new one (hmm, white or black, hmmm???), and giving my current one to my wife.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(hmm, white or black, hmmm???)

Get the black. Easy decision

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

• Administrator
Get the black. Easy decision

Black will get hotter if left out in the sun.

White can be used to check white balance in a pinch.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Geez, that really sucks that Apple is "tied" to AT&T.; Apple would probably triple their sales of the iphone if it wasnt locked to AT&T; exclusively.

Think about it from AT&T;'s side

how many people are with them just for the iPhone
âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

Also note in response to my earlier note, it indeed does have both EDGE and 3G, so it's not either/or. Also note, to finance the major price drop, the data plan went up $10/mo on the new phone (from what I understand, still trying to find conclusive proof on this).

I want a new one, but I want 32GB and I would bet the farm it's coming soon.

I think I will wait also - what they produced initially was excellent but I think there may be more to come !

I heard the iphone is supposed to come way down in price soon.
I have the Blackjack 2. I love it!

Brandon Sweet
Handicap: 11.6
I play on the Hop Brook Server

Inventory:Driver- Burner 9.5 degree3 Wood- BurnerHybrid 3 Iron- R7 Rescue DrawIrons (4-PW)- RAC MBWedges- Vokey Design 56 and 60 degreePutter- Teardrop Roll-Face

Think about it from AT&T;'s side

Yeah I understand AT&T;'s side of it clearly. It is a win-win for them. I am just bummed because the iphone is awesome and I cant get one without paying $200 bucks to get out of my contract.

I actually like SPRINT and I have had good service with them for years. I heard they have a phone coming out called the Instinct which is supposed to be the "iphone killer". My guess is 2 weeks after the Instinct is released it will be called the Extinct.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

I got one for my wife about two months ago. Its just way too cool.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

I don't even have a cell phone and do not want one.
I think of these gadgets as electronic leashes.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

• Administrator
I actually like SPRINT and I have had good service with them for years.

It's not the killer. The iPhone - like the iPod - isn't standing still. When someone gets close to something that might be a "killer," Apple's already moved on to the next version. Same thing's happened here.

Sprint just spent a lot of money, too, hyping a new phone that has 3G and GPS, and guess what: it's now still got a sucky interface, but on July 11, the iPhone will have 3G and GPS. Big whoop. There's $10M down the drain, Sprint. Maybe it was for the Instinct...?

It's not the killer. The iPhone - like the iPod - isn't standing still. When someone gets close to something that might be a "killer," Apple's already moved on to the next version. Same thing's happened here.

Yeah that is why I said they are going to call it the Extinct. After seeing the iPhone in person I dont see anything coming out that is going to top the iPhone. Now I just have to some how wait patiently for 10 mos till my contract is up with Sprint.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Now that the iPhone will have GPS and have 3rd party apps (and some of them look great), I wonder how long it is before there's a golf GPS app- no reason it can't function like any of the other GPS devices. Companies like igolf sell software for handhelds such as Palm and Blackberry to be used on the course; given that most of the iPhone apps will be around $10, this could be one of the better and more convenient ways for on course GPS (which means I may eventually sell my igolf).

Wuzzinmebag:

Driver: Burner Draw 10.5°, Reg Flex
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19°, Reg Flex
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 22°, Reg Flex4-GW: S9, Nippon 900 XH Steel ShaftSW: 588 DSG, 56°; 14° bouncePutter: White Hot XG #3 33"igolf GPS caddie(Somewhat) lowering that handicap one round at a time...

I am pretty excited about the update. My wife and I plan on upgrading on 11 July. I just wish AT&T; would upgrade their network.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree , is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents"

-Nathaniel Bornenstein

I have an Iphone, but still prefer my Blackberry. On July 11th, the new IPhone is coming out, and it is STILL MISSING major things. Still no Cut and Paste. Still no MMS! I mean cmon these features are available in almost every cell phone on the market right now.

• Administrator
I have an Iphone, but still prefer my Blackberry. On July 11th, the new IPhone is coming out, and it is STILL MISSING major things. Still no Cut and Paste.

That's not been that big a problem, really. In many apps, they let you transfer data you need to other apps. Tap a phone number to call, click a button to email a picture.

Still no MMS!

I'm glad - I think email works better than MMS.

And be fair: iPhone has a lot of things that are "STILL MISSING" from other phones, like a usable UI.

Note: This thread is 5752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!