IGNORED

Numbers Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • IMO, if you hit 11 GIR's you should shoot 73. I agree that you should work on putting and chipping - at least half of total practice time.   Might want to try an app like MyRoundPro that shows strokes gained (and lost) in different parts of the game. More objective than traditional stats.  
    • 48-39-87 Weird day. My short game was killing me and then I got it in high gear. Parred the last 6 holes. 
    • Some range time after playing today. Just searching a bit for some consistency. I found it more in making shorter (of course) backswings.  Also, a bit more left hip goes back and up, and feels like I get some belt buckle pointing to sky more.  Just trying to clean up low point better. I rather hit some slight thins by extending up more than by flipping to avoid fatting shots.  Some driver swings. Today I was hitting a ton of push cuts (no playable). When I tried to play for them I hit the ball straight (Golf sucks).  Baseline Driver... (not a push cut, of course) Kind of same feels for iron swing. Shorter backswing, belt buck up to sky as I turn.    On a side note, its getting easier to just turn the swing length down by making a what feels like an 75% turn on the backswing. Of course, I get to 90 degrees here making what feels like is like partial backswing shoulder turn.   
    • I would say it’s about 50/50 in terms of too long or too short. Usually I’m pretty on line - it’s mainly distance control. Downhill putts are especially hard for me to judge.    I am staring at my putter more wondering if maybe it is time for a change. I have had the same box set Maxfli putter for almost 20 years. The grip is all worn down and you can see where I strike it on the face. I’ve never tried another putter so maybe I should try something that gives me better feedback.    
    • Shot 83 today, 16 GIR/nGIR, 31 putts, and 3 penalty strokes. Considering the high GIR/nGIR amount (for me), I should have had a better score, but I had three very costly swings that I estimate cost me 4-5 strokes. 1) Approach shot OB on #2, ended up making triple bogey. 2) Tee shot on #6 into penalty area, but managed bogey with a good approach after penalty drop. 3) Easy sand shot on #14 that I picked perfectly clean instead of hitting sand, and launched about 60 yards over the green into the native junk/weeds. Ended up making double bogey after it took two more shots from knee high grass to get onto the green. Drove the ball well today, and short game COVID-19 day 6 and 7 drills are continuing to pay off. Missed some makeable birdie putts, but no 3-putts, so overall putting was fine.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Architex
      Architex
      (51 years old)
    2. cygnusjen
      cygnusjen
      (48 years old)
    3. Garbz3
      Garbz3
      (72 years old)
    4. Joefree
      Joefree
      (38 years old)
    5. KurtActual
      KurtActual
      (36 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...