IGNORED

Anchored Putters Rules Change (Effective January 1, 2016)

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2511 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by thanw

The usga is rapidly losing touch with average golfers, course owners, and equipment manufacturers. Officious bullies imo. I don't really care what they say. I will buy whatever putter, wedge, driver I want and swing it however I want. Just ban whatever type equipment Tiger doesn't play and mess with everyone who isn't Tiger already so he can beat Jack's record. That's what they want.

No.  They aren't.  Just as with the groove rule, 6 months after this rule is implemented no one will give it a second thought.

But yes, you are right, the root of this rule change is an international conspiracy to make sure Tiger breaks Jack's major record.  I wonder what they will do to make sure Tiger breaks Sam Snead's total wins record?

BTW, David Fay just came out and said that edits to the proposed rule change on anchoring are unlikely.

Oh no, the humanity!!

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by turtleback

No.  They aren't.  Just as with the groove rule, 6 months after this rule is implemented no one will give it a second thought.

But yes, you are right, the root of this rule change is an international conspiracy to make sure Tiger breaks Jack's major record.  I wonder what they will do to make sure Tiger breaks Sam Snead's total wins record?

BTW, David Fay just came out and said that edits to the proposed rule change on anchoring are unlikely.

Oh no, the humanity!!

Yeah, sure, that's why some guys are buying dozens of older wedges. "Hoarding wedges", look into it. None of my grooves comply. I just bought a long putter and will use it how I want. the usga is stupid. Read some of the stuff they write. omg. out. of. touch. Somebody is going to start making clubs the way the people who buy all the millions of clubs every year want them and tell the usga to get stuft. Then all the bigs can go crying to the officious gods on high about lost business. the old vr pro wedges are still popular. a used vr pro ii ain't worth much.

Yeah, sure, that's why some guys are buying dozens of older wedges. "Hoarding wedges", look into it. None of my grooves comply. I just bought a long putter and will use it how I want. the usga is stupid. Read some of the stuff they write. omg. out. of. touch. Somebody is going to start making clubs the way the people who buy all the millions of clubs every year want them and tell the usga to get stuft. Then all the bigs can go crying to the officious gods on high about lost business. the old vr pro wedges are still popular. a used vr pro ii ain't worth much.

You can play any clubs you want  as long as you don't enter a tournament that requires conformance to USGA rules.

Joe Paradiso

Are your opinions of the rules or the ruling bodies who create them relevant if you willingly admit you have no intention of following them?

The usga is rapidly losing touch with average golfers, course owners, and equipment manufacturers. Officious bullies imo. I don't really care what they say. I will buy whatever putter, wedge, driver I want and swing it however I want. Just ban whatever type equipment Tiger doesn't play and mess with everyone who isn't Tiger already so he can beat Jack's record. That's what they want.

This is pure bull, but you have a nice day.

Originally Posted by thanw

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtleback

Oh no, the humanity!!

Not any more they aren't.  And certainly not any real players.  I posted a thread a while back asking this very question and the overwhelming response was that nobody was stockpiling anything.  Most golfers who are still using pre 2010 wedges simply haven't bothered to replace them since the change.  Many responders have replaced the old with the new and haven't seen any difference in their play.  You are the one who is out of touch with reality.  You show me the reputable manufacturer or retailer who is doing this... come on, let us in on this amazing revolution.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. -- Tiger Woods has a solution to long putters -- make them no longer than the shortest club in the bag...

http://www.pga.com/golf-equipment/equipment-feature/tiger-woods-offers-solution-in-putter-debate-fans-long-putter-wont

the usga is the lap dog of tiger woods.

hey usga, ban the nike covert driver and prove me wrong.

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. -- Tiger Woods has a solution to long putters -- make them no longer than the shortest club in the bag...

http://www.pga.com/golf-equipment/equipment-feature/tiger-woods-offers-solution-in-putter-debate-fans-long-putter-wont

the usga is the lap dog of tiger woods.

At the risk of encouraging you even more, if the USGA is just going along with Tiger, then why aren't they going along with Tiger and making it an equipment rule rather than a stroke rule?

What a wonk.  He joins a discussion 85 pages in with ignorant, irrelevant and inflammatory comments... classic troll behavior.  Let him chew on this... what the ox left behind.

Rick

• Administrator

Illegal clubs don't sell. Sorry.

Keep up your weird behavior in this thread and you'll be restricted from it. The Tiger angle is years old.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

ever hear of ebay? that old equipment is being bought up by people who don't like the direction club makers and the usga are going. the new stuff is overpriced junk imo. sure there are people who spend all day on a golf forum bragging about how much $ they spent on their eighteenth new set of clubs in 2013 but those are the minority. In real life people are buying up the old equipment like it's going out of style because it is.

The number of golfers in the U.S. has fallen by 13% in the past five years, according to National Golf Foundation statistics. The number of golf rounds played nationwide last year through November was down 3.5% from the previous year, according to the foundation...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/economy/housing/story/2012-01-15/golf-communities-real-estate/52591988/1

wait until they ban the pro v1, that should really help manufacturers sales numbers. [/sarc.]

ever hear of ebay? that old equipment is being bought up by people who don't like the direction club makers and the usga are going. the new stuff is overpriced junk imo. sure there are people who spend all day on a golf forum bragging about how much $ they spent on their eighteen set of clubs but those are the minority. In real life people are buying up the old equipment like it's going out of style because it is.

The number of golfers in the U.S. has fallen by 13% in the past five years, according to National Golf Foundation statistics. The number of golf rounds played nationwide last year through November was down 3.5% from the previous year, according to the foundation...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/economy/housing/story/2012-01-15/golf-communities-real-estate/52591988/1

wait until they ban the pro v1, that should really help manufacturers sales numbers. [/sarc.]

There are always people who will buy used junk if they think they are getting a deal.  Still another example of your foggy thought processes.  There is a strong market for used photo gear too.

Which has less than nothing to do with equipment changes.  You are naive if you really believe that.  The economy in general is the only significant factor in those numbers.  The same numbers can be transferred to tourism, which is down by about the same amount here in the Bahamas, and that sure as hell has nothing to do with changes in golf equipment.  Your argument is based on an obviously personal, but invalid assumption.

Rick

There is not a PGA pro out there present, past or expired who is above the game itself. Rule changes are for the integrity of the game not for any one golfer in particular.

ever hear of ebay? that old equipment is being bought up by people who don't like the direction club makers and the usga are going. the new stuff is overpriced junk imo. sure there are people who spend all day on a golf forum bragging about how much $ they spent on their eighteenth new set of clubs in 2013 but those are the minority. In real life people are buying up the old equipment like it's going out of style because it is.

lol.

Okay, post some sources for your information.  I'm really curious to see how you're getting information on eBay sales, considering there probably isn't any relevant compiled data on this subject.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

lol.

Okay, post some sources for your information.  I'm really curious to see how you're getting information on eBay sales, considering there probably isn't any relevant compiled data on this subject.

I'm pretty sure the fact that there are so many for sale on Ebay implies that maybe people are trying to sell them more than they're trying to buy them up.  Ya know?

The old "everyone wants them, that's why everyone is selling them" doesn't really fit with logic.

That ranks right up there with "nobody goes there any more, it's too crowded."

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by turtleback

Oh no, the humanity!!

You can't be serious thinking that the anchoring rule is about helping Tiger beat Jack's record ?

Note: This thread is 2511 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!