IGNORED

Driver : straight but rather short

pipergsm
Note: This thread is 4192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No, my 7-iron is now between 150 and 170 WHEN I HIT IT WELL !!!

this is with a steel shafted club of probably more than 20 years old.

5 months ago, on holiday in Phuket, I was briefly hitting over 200, with a GRAPHITE 7-iron which I rented, because I didn't have my own clubs with me.

Since it happened regularly that I only saw my balls leaving and immediately lost sight of them (they left straight), I decided to bring my girlfriend along to see if she could tell me where the balls were going.

She told me my balls (the ones I lost sight of) were landing over the 200 yds mark.

as far as I could see them leaving, it looked like their trajectory was not very high (lower then they are now).

the ones i did see going, usually landed around 175 yrds or just over it.

after I returned home, I was unable to practice for almost 3 months and I lost the trick how to do it.

Still trying to find the good touch again.

Note: This thread is 4192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!