Jump to content
IGNORED

Help needed urgently with decision


Note: This thread is 3005 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

you may have seen my earlier post on which you prefer out of the TM RBZ or R11 range as I am looking to upgrade and I now have a friend of a friend that works for people that know people at taylormade....blah blah blah and I have the opportunity of the below but need to make a decision tonight to get the order in and the clubs made otherwise I cant get them due to the Xmas period coming.

Please can you give me your advice ASAP on this?

FYI my swing is fairly fast, I currently play with TM R7 regular shaft and if anything I will slice the ball rather than draw it. My handicap is heading towards single figures but am currently having lessons to change my swing to have more stiff arms with more shoulder rotation and more extension on the follow through.

so I need to know which set you would go for and what shafts you recommend, stick with regular or go stiff?

Your help is greatly appreciate:

RBZ:

Irons 5 - PW

DRIVER

WOODS 3 and 5

RESCUE

R11s:

Irons 5 - PW

DRIVER

WOODS 3 and 5

RESCUE

The price difference is £30 more for the R11s set and in total the price is less than half the cost in the shops/online so don't want to miss this opportunity. Also if you had the choice between a 3 and 5 wood which would you choose?

Many thanks all

Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I'd go with the R11s.  The reason is I have hit both - and the RBZ is decent, but I like the R11s line better.  The question I have is why aren't you hitting both - and making the decision on your own?

If you swing 'fast' - I'm assuming you have decent club head - and swing speed?  Again - a big assumption.  Without knowing your actual swing speed - I'd order stiff shafts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Personally, I'd go with the R11s.  The reason is I have hit both - and the RBZ is decent, but I like the R11s line better.  The question I have is why aren't you hitting both - and making the decision on your own?

If you swing 'fast' - I'm assuming you have decent club head - and swing speed?  Again - a big assumption.  Without knowing your actual swing speed - I'd order stiff shafts.

I know what you are saying about making the decision myself - I had planned to go to my local American golf shop to try these clubs and other brands out but then this offer came along and scuppered my plans a bit so needed to make a decision as cant let this offer go.

Like I said the cost for all this is well under half price and they are being made and coming directly from the factory.

You are correct - fast head speed, I dont know exact speed but the coach says it is fast

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by jcooper5083

I know what you are saying about making the decision myself - I had planned to go to my local American golf shop to try these clubs and other brands out but then this offer came along and scuppered my plans a bit so needed to make a decision as cant let this offer go.

Like I said the cost for all this is well under half price and they are being made and coming directly from the factory.

You are correct - fast head speed, I dont know exact speed but the coach says it is fast


Why don't you still go to AG and try both sets, with regular and stiff shafts, and make your own comparison. You don't have to buy them just 'cos you tried them.

Just tell AG you are looking to upgrade and need help making your decision.

Then go away "and have a (theoretical) think about it", once you've hit them.

You will then have a real idea as to which set you need to buy from whoever.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by jcooper5083

Hi all,

you may have seen my earlier post on which you prefer out of the TM RBZ or R11 range as I am looking to upgrade and I now have a friend of a friend that works for people that know people at taylormade....blah blah blah and I have the opportunity of the below but need to make a decision tonight to get the order in and the clubs made otherwise I cant get them due to the Xmas period coming.

Please can you give me your advice ASAP on this?

FYI my swing is fairly fast, I currently play with TM R7 regular shaft and if anything I will slice the ball rather than draw it. My handicap is heading towards single figures but am currently having lessons to change my swing to have more stiff arms with more shoulder rotation and more extension on the follow through.

so I need to know which set you would go for and what shafts you recommend, stick with regular or go stiff?

Your help is greatly appreciate:

RBZ:

Irons 5 - PW

DRIVER

WOODS 3 and 5

RESCUE

R11s:

Irons 5 - PW

DRIVER

WOODS 3 and 5

RESCUE

The price difference is £30 more for the R11s set and in total the price is less than half the cost in the shops/online so don't want to miss this opportunity. Also if you had the choice between a 3 and 5 wood which would you choose?

Many thanks all

Tough call -

When unable to decide and the needed forgiveness is close, which look better to you?

Personally, I like the RBZ line, as long as you're talking the RBZ irons that are decent looking and not the Max.

Get the 5 wood first, then the 3 wd.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the responses people.

I cant wait for the R13 range as I will not have this offer of getting all this equipment for under £500 made brand new from the factory.....so based on what you said I managed to get him to give me 1 more day to make a decision, went to my local American golf and tried out the RBZ and R11s range in both stiff and regular shafts and have ordered the following:

R11s Driver 10.5 degree, Fairway 4 wood, Rescue and 5 - 9 irons + PW & SW with stiff shafts.

I found these really suited my swing and style best offering the best range of adjustments of the loft etc.

They are currently being made as we speak and I will have them in 3 weeks

Thanks all for your advice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by jcooper5083

Thanks for the responses people.

I cant wait for the R13 range as I will not have this offer of getting all this equipment for under £500 made brand new from the factory.....so based on what you said I managed to get him to give me 1 more day to make a decision, went to my local American golf and tried out the RBZ and R11s range in both stiff and regular shafts and have ordered the following:

R11s Driver 10.5 degree, Fairway 4 wood, Rescue and 5 - 9 irons + PW & SW with stiff shafts.

I found these really suited my swing and style best offering the best range of adjustments of the loft etc.

They are currently being made as we speak and I will have them in 3 weeks

Thanks all for your advice.


Enjoy your new toys when they arrive and let us know how you get on with them please.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Note: This thread is 3005 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjan21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • Your earlier statements included this: It’s false. And that video is ridiculous. The ball is basically smeared against the face, but it’s less so with wedges, and so I believe there’s more contact with wedges with these dimples. It’s based on physics. What you quoted (without quoting - please attribute material and quote it) -  says little about the basic physics, and what it does say it gets wrong. Like: This is not true most of the time. Again, given the same impact parameters, a firmer ball will have a higher ball speed and a bit less spin. Until the spin gets too low, that ball will likely fly farther. Softer balls are appealing because for some they generate a bit more spin to keep the ball in the air longer.
    • Golf ball compression is important because it affects the distance and control that you will gain on a golf shot. Your ability level will determine which kind of golf ball you will get the best feel and distances with. Firstly, on the low end of the spectrum it is possible to find low compression balls that create long distance if you have a slower swing speed. On the compression chart, these balls would often be rated between 30-70 and are ideal for beginner golfers or senior golfers. An example of a low compression golf ball in this category would be the Callaway Supersoft. Yet at the other end of the spectrum, you have high compression balls which mean you would have to strike the ball with more speed to achieve the same kind of distance. These types of balls, however, give the golfer more control over their shot, especially with their faster club head speeds that they are generating. These balls may be rated greater than 70 on the compression chart and are ideal for more experienced golfers. An example of a higher compression golf ball is the Callaway Chrome Soft and offers a direct comparison to the Supersoft. You can view more about the differences and similarities between these golf balls here.  A good rule of thumb which can be applied to knowing your compression level, is that golfers with a club head speed of 70mph should use a 70 Compression Ball. A golfer with a club head speed of 80mph should use an 80 Compression Ball and those with speeds of 90mph should use a 90 Compression ball with 100mph swing speeds indicating the use of a 100 Compression golf ball. By using a suitable golf ball you can make sure that you increase your average golf ball speed. In order to get the maximum distance possible out of a golf ball, it must be fully compressed. This is when the ball will be half flattened upon impact due to enough force being applied to maximize the compression. Golf Ball Compression: What Is It? [Complete 2020 Guide & Chart] (reachpar.com) Is that based on the wide variety of swing speeds?   
    • At least it wasn’t Kelvin.😜
    • I gave up on my home course.   I just don't play it enough.
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Aynfan
      Aynfan
      (153 years old)
    2. DDBowdoin
      DDBowdoin
      (36 years old)
    3. drw72
      drw72
      (49 years old)
    4. jest
      jest
      (68 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...