IGNORED

GPS

Shortylook
Note: This thread is 3317 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's pretty much come down to club tracking and stats with my GPS. I play the same courses all the time so unless I really mishit something the club selection doesn't change much. I can pretty much eyeball it using the 150 marker. Inside the 150 anything goes and lie is the biggest factor. I thought it would be a game changer but I find myself using it less and less.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you're worried about your course (s) being mapped you can get on the manufacture's web site and look it up.  I have a sky caddie and like it better than the laser I had.

Butch

I prefer Lasers...

As Forrest Gump would say....... "and that's all I have to say about that" ....LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Hey all, I found a website i think it was called MAKEPARS and downloaded there program, added my course via a mapping program and plotted my golf course on it, now when I play I know the distance to the middle of the green before I hit my next shot, it's a pretty cool little program, only took roughly 30 min to map the whole course.yea the pin will be moved from time to time but meh, it's better than me guessing and being totally wrong as I found out heaps of times today ha ha .

R11s driver 

R11s 3 wood

Rescue 11 3  18*

Rescue 11 4  21*

MP-59 5-pw

ATV wedge 54* 60*

Metal-X 2 ball putter

3.0 buggy

DX-3 ball

FLX glove

Shoes

Towel

Oakley antix sunglasses 

solar umbrella 

Most of the GPS's require a annual fee to download new courses and update existing ones.  Callaway does not charge an annual fee for their basic courses which provides you most of what you need to know (distance to hazards and green).

Rangefinders are great in that they work on all courses and don't require you to download any courses or pay any fees, downside is that instead of the information sitting there in front of you, you have to actively use it from each location and they can something be difficult to use, especially if you don't have steady hands.

If you don't need exact distances, GPS is easiest and fastest to use.  If you want to know your exact yardage to the flag, nothing beats a rangefinder.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Most of the GPS's require a annual fee to download new courses and update existing ones.  Callaway does not charge an annual fee for their basic courses which provides you most of what you need to know (distance to hazards and green).

There are no fees at all with Garmin, ever.  All of the features, all updates, everything is included in the purchase price.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Thanks for correcting me, for some reason I thought they did charge fees for updates.  I know they charge or used to charge for updates on their mobile GPS for cars, so maybe that's why I thought they did for golf too.  I know SkyCaddie charges an annual fee but did some research on Golf Buddy and they don't appear to charge an annual fee either.

Quote:

There are no fees at all with Garmin, ever.  All of the features, all updates, everything is included in the purchase price.

Joe Paradiso

I have the Garmin G6 and love it. I also have a lazer rangefinder but find I use the GPS more often, it is just easier. The G6, like most GPS, also has the electronic score card. Allows you to keep you stats etc. has more functions then I will ever use I know that. One problem is if you are playing with guys who don't have a GPS they are always asking you for the yardage. Wish they would invest in their own GPS.

the steady hands thing is way overstated. even my father who couldn't keep his hands steady for nothing can shoot a pin with my tour V2. The Pinseeker feature is really good about locking on even with shake.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

• 2 years later...
try hole 19, totally free and works with no phone coverage. its for iPhone and android.

reply if works.

good luck!

Welcome to the forum @Nick13 .  FYI, you responded to an old post.  The date of the post is in the upper left corner of the frame.

I hope you stick around and join the fun.

Scott

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3317 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!