IGNORED

what is your go to shot from 100 yards in the fairway?

onthehunt526
Note:Β This thread is 2921 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Add me to the stock sand wedge, it's typically right around 100ish. A good shot with my 50* is around 125 and a full *rare occasion* 60* is around 80.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon:Β Z355

:callaway:Β XR16 3 Wood
:tmade:Β AeroburnerΒ 19* 3 hybrid
:ping:Β I e1 ironsΒ 4-PW
:vokey:Β SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff:Β Harmonized Sole GrindΒ 56 andΒ Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

5/8ths PW for me.

21/32nds of a PW for me, but I suspect my lofts are weaker than yours...

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest,Β Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks:Β :cleveland:Β 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5* Β :tmade:Β RBZ HL 3wΒ Β :nickent:Β 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H Β :callaway:Β X-22 5-AW Β :nike:SV tour 56* SWΒ :mizuno:Β MP-T11 60* LWΒ :bridgestone:Β customized TD-03 putterΒ :tmade:Penta TP3 Β Β :aimpoint:

My 54 degree wedge but not a full shot. Β My 56 is almost exactly 100 yards

20 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

it's all B&B! Β Β :beer:

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

1 hour ago, Ernest Jones said:

You just need to flight that sucker . . .next time try your usual 21/32 PW but de-loft it by an extra .34 degrees.Β Β  You can tell you have it right by the sound of the splash.Β 

Edited by Rainmaker

1 hour ago, Ernest Jones said:

Lol lol lol....hey you coming down to N.Y. at all this summer?

2 hours ago, Lihu said:

Are you sure it's not 0.626 of a PW? I mean, rounding to the nearest 8th is possibly not accurate enough? :-D

I don't like decimals. Can't be trusted.

Colin P.

Typically from fairway, 50Β° gap wedge if the pin is in a tight spot.Β 

I like a "chippy" PW more though if I'm just shooting for the center.

In trouble it depends. Punchy 6i, cut 9i, it depends on what's in front of me.Β 

I also stay more level the shorter the swing.

What's in Shane's Bag?Β  Β  Β 

Ball: 2022 :callaway:Β Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8Β° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple DiamondΒ Β H: :callaway:Β Apex Pro 21 20Β°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway:Β Jaws Raw 50Β°, 54Β°, 60Β° UST Recoil 110Β Putter: :odyssey:Β Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

50* gap wedge 3/4 swing. I need to get a new 54* and learn how to use it, but for now pretty good with the 50.

- adam -

Routine: work, eat, golf, sleep, repeat

Clubs: (All Used TaylorMade) Burner Superfast Driver, JetSpeed 3&5 FW,Β Rescue Hybrid, Burner 2.0 Irons 5-AW, ATV Wedge 56*, White Ghost blade putter

A 3 wood

• Upvote 1

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SWΒ Ping Karsten ironsΒ with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

pretty much as stock 52 with a touch of choke.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- ClevelandΒ 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5Β Β 

I hit a standard 56Β° pour 100 yards (90 meters). It's a safe shot.

I will be long on rare occasion and hit it accidentally 110 yards.

On 11/27/2012 at 3:49 PM, onthehunt526 said:

Let's just say... You have put yourself 100 yards from the middle of the green... In the middle of the fairway... With light wind (in a perfect world)... And you need to stuff it to win a $5 nassau... What shot do you hit? What club? Basically... I'm putting it so it's the shot you feel most comfortable with...

Normally I would use my PWΒ 

MY "standard" 56 degree wedge goes just about 100 yards. Β I prefer to play it a little back in my stance, flight it a little lower than many people do, but it usually has enough spin to stop quickly. Β Obviously there are many other potential choices, dependingΒ on wind, terrain, pin positions relative to dangers, but that's another conversation.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist:Β 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 ballsΒ 
:ping:Β G5i putter, B60 version
Β :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy:,Β :true_linkswear:, and AshworthΒ shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Full-on PW.Β  I've actually holed this shot on numerous occasions for eagles (twice) and a handful of birdies.Β  When I can't make a green due to trouble shot or blading or rolling a 2nd shot, 80-100 is my lay up yardage distance.Β  From there, it's, "I'll take PW for $100 Alex."

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

On 11/28/2012 at 7:30 AM, colin007 said:

3/4 PW, choked down, almost a knock down.

so 3 and a half years later, my PW has gotten stronger by 1/8 of a swing.

Colin P.

2 minutes ago, colin007 said:

so 3 and a half years later, my PW has gotten stronger by 1/8 of a swing.

That's good @colin007, hopefully I'll get to see it in July.

What's in Shane's Bag?Β  Β  Β 

Ball: 2022 :callaway:Β Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8Β° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple DiamondΒ Β H: :callaway:Β Apex Pro 21 20Β°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway:Β Jaws Raw 50Β°, 54Β°, 60Β° UST Recoil 110Β Putter: :odyssey:Β Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Note:Β This thread is 2921 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!