IGNORED

TST Goes Mobile!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3453 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

FYI... I noticed on my iPhone that the symbol that shows an unread thread is no longer working.  Instead of a small crimson circle - it is now just a white box or square outlined in black.  The challenge is every thread - no matter if you have read them or not are using the white box (black line).  So now you cannot tell if you have read the thread or not.

It's strange because this issue just popped up this week when reading the mobile site on my iPhone... I've never had this issue before.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

FYI... I noticed on my iPhone that the symbol that shows an unread thread is no longer working.  Instead of a small crimson circle - it is now just a white box or square outlined in black.  The challenge is every thread - no matter if you have read them or not are using the white box (black line).  So now you cannot tell if you have read the thread or not. It's strange because this issue just popped up this week when reading the mobile site on my iPhone... I've never had this issue before.

Same here. If you look REALLY hard you can see that the unread ones have a darker outline but I gotta keep my glasses pretty clean to see it! Not sure if its an iPhone issue or site.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

FYI... I noticed on my iPhone that the symbol that shows an unread thread is no longer working.  Instead of a small crimson circle - it is now just a white box or square outlined in black.  The challenge is every thread - no matter if you have read them or not are using the white box (black line).  So now you cannot tell if you have read the thread or not. It's strange because this issue just popped up this week when reading the mobile site on my iPhone... I've never had this issue before.

Mine looks ok. Red circle for unread and unposted, white circle for read and unposted, red star for unread but posted and white star for read and posted.

I've had that intermittently for the past day or two as well.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

I've had that intermittently for the past day or two as well.

Any chance you can get this issue in front of Huddler or whomever the company is that runs the site?

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Mine looks ok. Red circle for unread and unposted, white circle for read and unposted, red star for unread but posted and white star for read and posted.

Has worked fine for me.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Not so much for me...

Make sure you're logged in. Clear your cache. Fill out a bug report. This isn't really the thread for that.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Problem solved. I logged out. Cleared my Safari browser history. And logged back in. Thanks for the suggestion.

Wish I knew how to do that

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Great mobile app - looks great and works well on my Razr Maxx.

I appreciate the fact that you guys do a wonderful job making thesandtrap.com a great experience, helpful, and stimulating.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

Wish I knew how to do that b4_blushing.gif

Scoll down to the bottom of the page on your phone. And 'sign out' of TST. This will log you out of the site. Then go to the bottom of the page in Safari browser and there is a ribbon or footer with five icons ((1.) back, (2.) forward, (3.) bookmark page/arrow, (4.) bookmarks, (5.) open new window). Select the bookmarks icon - which is the fourth icon (2nd from the right) and it looks like a book that is opened. That will open a list of bookmarks/directories. Select the 'History' folder or link - and then select the 'Clear' button at the bottom. This will clear your browser cache. Once you do that... Go back to TST and log-in.

Works great on Samsung ATIV ( Windows Phone 8 )

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

• 1 year later...
Might be a "me" problem but thought I'd ask anyway. When I try to log in on my iPad it goes to a white screen with "disallowed character strokes" or something to that effect. Website works fine if I browse as a guest, but if I try to log in, it does that. Any ideas??

• Administrator

Might be a "me" problem but thought I'd ask anyway. When I try to log in on my iPad it goes to a white screen with "disallowed character strokes" or something to that effect. Website works fine if I browse as a guest, but if I try to log in, it does that. Any ideas??

I think it's you. Restart and try again?

• 3 months later...

For some reason the mobile page isn't automatically coming up on my phone, just the regular browser version?

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Just want to say thanks. I use this mobile site on my iPhone every day and I find it to be one of the best I've seen. There is an industry forum that I am on but I don't frequent it near as much as I would because it is basically unusable on my phone. Thanks again,

Respectfully,

• Administrator

For some reason the mobile page isn't automatically coming up on my phone, just the regular browser version?

Scroll to the very bottom and click the "mobile" button.

Note: This thread is 3453 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!