IGNORED

John Daly sponsored by Warrior golf

meenman
Note: This thread is 3927 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know there is a bit of anti-Daly sentiment on this forum, but I have always been a fan. I think his deal with LoudMouth was good for him and the company.(They get more of my cash than any other golf related co.) This morning John tweeted pictures of his new Warrior wedges. I am sure most on here are aware of their sleezebag tactics. I have to wonder if he is that desperate for a sponsor of if he is too lazy to research before hooking up with a company.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What tactics are you talking about? I know nothing of this company other than reading a discussion on a 5 year old forum I found during a search.

is that the same company that makes lacrosse equipment?

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Their GC infomercials says anyone can get a free club just by giving them a review. [S]And they make lacrosse stuff.[/S]

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

These guys right? http://www.la.bbb.org/business-reviews/Golf-Equipment-and-Supplies-Retail/Warrior-Custom-Golf-Inc-in-Irvine-CA-13004393

Carlos

That would be them [/quote][quote name="Nole77" url="/t/63543/john-daly-sponsored-by-warrior-golf#post_790004"]These guys right? [URL=http://www.la.bbb.org/business-reviews/Golf-Equipment-and-Supplies-Retail/Warrior-Custom-Golf-Inc-in-Irvine-CA-13004393]http://www.la.bbb.org/business-reviews/Golf-Equipment-and-Supplies-Retail/Warrior-Custom-Golf-Inc-in-Irvine-CA-13004393[/URL] [/quote]

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

There is no such thing as a "free" especially when it comes to golf and equipment.
I have had a little experience with the company.

They sent me a flyer in the mail saying if I responded I could sign up to be a reviewer and get a free club. At the time it was either a 3 wood or a wedge. I filled out the 3x5 card and sent it back for more info. I got a phone call telling me I had to order a club to get a club for free. I declined! They called again and again and again. They sent me mail after mail and only stopped getting calls when I got a new cell number.

They get you in and badger you until you buy something!

I like Daly, but this is a bad deal!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

I find it amusing yet sad -

Maybe he will set up his trailer and sell clubs outside tournaments along with his headcovers.

It's just different...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I'm guessing Daly doesn't have people banging down his door to endorse their products so he took what he could get.  I am not a Daly fan but don't wish anything bad for him.  I hate to see a guy with his natural ability and skill waste it on drugs, booze and bad women.

I get he's a rebel but he's reached an age where the act doesn't work anymore for him.  IMO he should give up the clown outfits and antics and try to play some serious golf, make some money and set himself up for retirement after some years on the Champions Tour.

Joe Paradiso

Not the same Warrior company that makes lacrosse & hockey equipment btw

http://www.warriorcustomgolf.com/company-info.php

Driver: Cleveland Classic 270, 10.5*
Fairway Woods: Adams Speedline LP (3 & 5)
Hybrids: Wilson Staff Fybrids 21*, 24*, UST V2 stiff
Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour, 5-PW, Rifle Project-X (flighted) 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland CG15 DSG 52* & 58* +/- 56* Niblick

Putter: Yes! Amy

I took warrior up on their deal where all you had to do was pay $19 shipping and they'd send a free hybrid. They obv tried to sell me more clubs when i called on the offer, but caved quick when I told them I wasn't interested. The hybrid was a 19* (I had a choice) w/ a no name S flex shaft. To be totally honest w everyone, it's a great club... One of the ones I hit best. And it was essential free w no strings attached. This is NOT the same Warrior that makes Lacrosse equipment. Have nothing bad to say abt them... If you're looking for low cost, imitation clubs that are pretty good quality, I'd say give them a shot.

A friends had dealings with this company. Not a very good company and a tad on the shady side.  Sadly, Long John is probably a tad on the desperate side. And to come out with a vodka drink line...sums it all up.

And how much longer are they going to run that stupid 3 hybrid commercial on GC where they won't release to the public until they get feedback?? I think they missed their chance.

I have made a purchase last year....got 3 dozen golfballs for $20......

I have played the balls.......not bad.....not pro v1's, but comparable to $20/dozen balls.

To date, they have not harrassed me.....I get an occasional postcard asking if I am interested in trying out their new clubs, but I have not been harrassed.

One of our regular Saturday golfers just got a new set of their irons and played very well with them last week.

Two touch points with that company. About 15 years ago they offered a free lob wedge for the cost of shipping ($9.99). I didn't have one, so I bit and it was a good golf club. They did call later on asking if I liked the club and would I like to buy a set of custom irons for $800. No thanks, not interested...that's the last they contacted me but I'm sure that in 15 years their tactics could have changed.

The second time I bumped into them was on the course in a group of singles that was put together. One of the guys had a full Warrior set up and was talking about how good the company was, the clubs were great and because he had bought $50K of their stock they sent him a new set every other year. He stated they they own 14 golf courses now as they have moved into the market at what they consider the low point in the recession. He was impressed with the management and felt that his investment would pay dividends other than sets of golf clubs. I don't have any independent verification of any of those claims.

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

Originally Posted by 0ldblu3

Two touch points with that company. About 15 years ago they offered a free lob wedge for the cost of shipping ($9.99). I didn't have one, so I bit and it was a good golf club. They did call later on asking if I liked the club and would I like to buy a set of custom irons for $800. No thanks, not interested...that's the last they contacted me but I'm sure that in 15 years their tactics could have changed.

The second time I bumped into them was on the course in a group of singles that was put together. One of the guys had a full Warrior set up and was talking about how good the company was, the clubs were great and because he had bought $50K of their stock they sent him a new set every other year. He stated they they own 14 golf courses now as they have moved into the market at what they consider the low point in the recession. He was impressed with the management and felt that his investment would pay dividends other than sets of golf clubs. I don't have any independent verification of any of those claims.

Interesting, considering they are privately owned.

Note: This thread is 3927 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!