IGNORED

New Pics Added! TaylorMade's 2013 line: R1 Driver, RocketBallz Stage 2 Driver, Fairway and Tour Rescue

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4125 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

It may look like it was tagged by a 10 year old, but you will gain 17.5yds with this new R1 driver!!!

...then next years model will give us another 15 yards, then the 2014 model will give another 20 yards, then the 2015 model will add another 15 yards, THEN in 2016 due to technological breakthrough the new driver will add 30 yards.........and on and on the spin machine from the golf companies will spin and the dumb golfers will believe.

Wow, I hope this isn't the trend for new drivers. Also, it seems that every generation of drivers say that they are twenty yards longer. Why am I not hitting it about 450 yards by now?

I wonder why it's not called the "R13"...TMag a little superstitious?

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

wow that sole plate is fugly...

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Taylormade isn't in business to make drivers that look appealing to us.  There formula is simple.  Pay whatever it takes in order to ensure that they have the most pros using their products so at the end of the day they can say "#1 driver on tour".  When you can take those drivers and make them visually impossible to miss, you've added a whole new element.  They are now a marketing company first, club design company second.  These paint jobs make it impossible for any spectator to miss.  People want to play what the pros play.  The R11 was marketing genius.  Luke Donald, Paddy Harrington, Davis Love, etc couldn't hide behind their Mizuno and Bridgestone headcovers anymore.  Everyone knew that they were playing TM.  This just follows suit.  Nike picked up on it.  Everyone will see the big red Nike Driver.

Technology is maxed.  Bring on the paint jobs, baby!

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by gunmetal

Taylormade isn't in business to make drivers that look appealing to us.  There formula is simple.  Pay whatever it takes in order to ensure that they have the most pros using their products so at the end of the day they can say "#1 driver on tour".  When you can take those drivers and make them visually impossible to miss, you've added a whole new element.  They are now a marketing company first, club design company second.  These paint jobs make it impossible for any spectator to miss.  People want to play what the pros play.  The R11 was marketing genius.  Luke Donald, Paddy Harrington, Davis Love, etc couldn't hide behind their Mizuno and Bridgestone headcovers anymore.  Everyone knew that they were playing TM.  This just follows suit.  Nike picked up on it.  Everyone will see the big red Nike Driver.

Technology is maxed.  Bring on the paint jobs, baby!

I think that is a good point... you know when somebody is playing a TM driver just by the white crown... it was a genius move and very few have followed (Cobra has a white driver, but I think that's it)...

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Which is another reason I went to the Cleveland Classic. Looks retro but has the technology with it. It also doesn't sound like a beer can tied to a stick when you tee off.

"There are two things that don't last very long...dogs that chase cars, and golfers who putt for pars."

Originally Posted by spkgolfer

guys its all about the shaft we use in our driver..if you want the best driver get the best shaft...new drivers are now just attractions and the manufacturers are proving it by designing them in such ways..instead of spending  400 dollars on a club which will be half the price a year later, we should buy a high end quality shaft

How does one go about figuring out exactly which shaft to get?

For example, I know my swing speed (105).  I play a stiff shaft.  How would I know which one to get?

All men are frauds.  The only difference between them is some men admit it.  I myself deny it. - HLM

Originally Posted by ORazor

How does one go about figuring out exactly which shaft to get?

For example, I know my swing speed (105).  I play a stiff shaft.  How would I know which one to get?

Go get fitted.....lots of custom shafts available to "fine tune". Swing speed isn't the only factor to consider....launch angle, ball speed, spin rate will be different with different after-market shafts. They will cost you, but will be worth it.

In the bag:

TaylorMade R11 Driver (10.5 stiff stock shaft)

TaylorMade R11 3wood (15 degree stiff stock shaft)

Adams IdeaPro 3i hybrid (20 degree)

Titleist DCI 4-PW (photo)

Cleveland CG15 wedges (52, 56, 60)

Odyssey White-Hot 2-Ball (Superstroke oversize grip)

Bushnell Tour V2 Rangefinder

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

haha - love the reference to snowboarding...I knew there was something that it reminded me of...

not sure I'll try this after the ping answer I have just received...

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

What happened to simple and understated?  The new Nike looks like a sports car with the shiny red paint job.  This one makes me think of snowboards for some reason.

It is cool looking, but not sure if that is what I'd want on the top of my driver.

I have to agree, paint job is just all marketing. Really know there TM, but i hate playing them :p, but i guess they factored in a lower rate of turnoff from the paintjob to an increase in sales from those who will buy them because they see them on TV.

I have to agree, white does stand out on the TV :p

This is why i try to play Ping, Titleist, Mizuno, they tend to be no frill clubs that just work, they have a history of being quality first.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by JasonK88S

Which is another reason I went to the Cleveland Classic. Looks retro but has the technology with it. It also doesn't sound like a beer can tied to a stick when you tee off.

Absolutely! TaylorMade will be helping Cleveland sell lots of Classic drivers next year. Nice thing about the Classic is that you never look like you are hitting last year's club. I can imagine that the only "new" Classic that could be introduced would be in blonde or in some other classic persimmon color.

I think the new TaylorMade club comes with GPS, to help you find your way out of the woods.

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker

Absolutely! TaylorMade will be helping Cleveland sell lots of Classic drivers next year. Nice thing about the Classic is that you never look like you are hitting last year's club. I can imagine that the only "new" Classic that could be introduced would be in blonde or in some other classic persimmon color.

I think the new TaylorMade club comes with GPS, to help you find your way out of the woods.

Exactly. I would love to see a "blonde" persimmon wood color. That could be interesting.

"There are two things that don't last very long...dogs that chase cars, and golfers who putt for pars."

Originally Posted by JasonK88S

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker

Exactly. I would love to see a "blonde" persimmon wood color. That could be interesting.

I would probably buy another Classic if they made one in blonde. And I would love to see Classic fairway woods. Are you listening, Cleveland???

Note: This thread is 4125 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!