IGNORED

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 4020 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just want to know who won LVP.  I had my eye on that award if I made it out.

I beleive that honor falls to me. Rough day, but had a great time. Course was in great condition and was a good challenge for all. Will post pics as time allows. Heres how it looked in the morning... Heres the range (or what could be seen of it with the fog)

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was wondering what the weather was going to be like down there.  It was raining up here that morning.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I was wondering what the weather was going to be like down there.  It was raining up here that morning.

The weather was great.  A tad cool in the morning, but otherwise really comfortable.  That fog lingered on the range, and when we went to the first tee (we were the first of our groups) it made it really interesting for a bunch of guys who've never played the course.  The starter said "aim for the left side of the fairway" and we all said "what fairway?"  By the time we were on the first green, however, the fog was basically gone and we were fine the rest of the day.

Side note:  The course and practice area was littered with aspiring Canadian Tour Pros in the afternoon.  It was kind of cool to see the range and practice green occupied by people who were actually working.  I have no idea how "prestigious" the Canadian Tour is (I don't know a better word, but I mean, I don't know where it ranks.  If web.com is triple A to the PGA Tours major league, is the Canadian Tour double A, or rookie ball, or junior college?  I don't know) but it was pretty cool to see so many good golfers out there.

(Not to mention those actually in my group )

Originally Posted by jefkve

Moar pics

I could probably find a way to lose my tee shot in those bushes on the right.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Also, didnt want to forget to thank Mike and Eric. I had a great time. The TST ball marker will be in my bag going forward. The balls I will use this week and report back on. And the dvds i won for "high score" will certainly come in handy. Thanks guys!

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Great pics Jeff!  This one perplexes me ... looks like there's a ufo in there?

Damn you... I was going to say the same, but you beat me to the punch!

Looks like you guys had a great time!  Glad to hear, but still salty I couldn't make it!?  I'm typing this at 4:37AM Taipei time as I can't sleep!!!!

Damn you... I was going to say the same, but you beat me to the punch! c2_beer.gif Looks like you guys had a great time!  Glad to hear, but still salty I couldn't make it!?  I'm typing this at 4:37AM Taipei time as I can't sleep!!!!

Can you visit bomberman for us?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Might that be because it's really 1:37pm in your head?

Yes.  I woke up at 3:00 AM starving!

Originally Posted by jamo

I have no idea what that is!?  But I did find a place yesterday that has a really cool spin on a hamburger!  Place is Mos Burger, and the below creation is a rice burger.  MMMMMmmmmm

Freaking delicious!

• Administrator
And I think the key hole of the match was #16.  (516 yard par 5, creek all down the right side)  Pretty sure we hacked it around on that hole for either 1 or zero points (I put it into the creek twice, managed an 8 :beer: ), while they came through with 2 birdies (one for a net eagle) and netted 11 on that hole! That was the difference right there.  I want a rematch!!!!!!

We had three points there. Never less than 3 points on any hole Drew! :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by jamo

Ok... LOL  now I see bomberman in the My Swing thread and able to connect the dots.  Hhahah

I also want to thank Erik and Mike for putting the outing together. I enjoyed meeting everyone and getting the chance to play a beautiful course for $50 was nice bonus too. Kudos to Jon for winning the putter - it was deserved after you and Andrew put together an 88 and 84 respectively to carry our group. Not too shabby on a course that was playing over 7,000 yards that day. Jerry, I enjoyed sharing a cart with you as well. Looking forward to the next one.

Note: This thread is 4020 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!