IGNORED

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 3997 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by jefkve

Looks gorgeous. If we could get those prices, I'm afraid I'd HAVE to play.

Ditto.  Tristan, what is the date in March?  That will dictate if I can make it or not.  The course looks amazing.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

I think we may have another possible course... I played the other day as a single at Desert Willow and got paired with a group from a local church who is having a tournament at the Classic Club in March and they told me the price for it was $60 or $70 (they couldn't remember for sure).

Anyways, I think that if we could get the Classic Club for that price, that'd be the way to go. It's an AMAZING course. In fact, it was built for the Bob Hope (now Humana Challenge), although it has been moved now.

Here is their site for those interested in checking it out:

http://classicclubgolf.com

Let me know what you guys think.

That place looks gorgeous!  Man, I'd love to play there.  We're playing the black tees right?

Classic Club Scorecard

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Ditto.  Tristan, what is the date in March?  That will dictate if I can make it or not.  The course looks amazing.

Seriously.  If you guys are considering March, then I might be back in this thing after all!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

We're playing the black tees right?

Playin' it forward here....Pretty long track for a hacker like myself, but as I said, I cant pass up the oppurtunity to pay that nice a course on the cheap.

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Originally Posted by jefkve

Playin' it forward here....Pretty long track for a hacker like myself, but as I said, I cant pass up the oppurtunity to pay that nice a course on the cheap.

No worries ... I was being 100% facetious. :)

Don't think I'd really enjoy the torture that a 75.8 rated course would hand me.

• Administrator

March? I don't know if I'm invited or not, but that'll be tough. We may have a 5SK school then, I might be in Florida (if I decide to go on with my PGA status), etc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

March? I don't know if I'm invited or not, but that'll be tough. We may have a 5SK school then, I might be in Florida (if I decide to go on with my PGA status), etc.

Nah, Tristan was only saying (I think) that the people he met were playing their tournament in March, then a couple people questioned him and I also "fanned the fire" simply because I already know that the previously agreed upon date (April 6/7) is no good for me.  (Being selfish here, shhhh!)

And of course you are invited.  I mean, come on ... we are guests IN YOUR CORN!

• Upvote 1

I just went back and re-read Tristan's post.  I thought he was saying we would have to play in March to get that rate.  My bust... Anyway... April 6/7th is fine for me still.  I'd definitely love to play the Classic Club.  Hell, I'll play anywhere though.  Lets just pick something so that we can start rallying guys and getting peeps signed up for the date.

I just went back and re-read Tristan's post.  I thought he was saying we would have to play in March to get that rate.  My bust... Anyway... April 6/7th is fine for me still.  I'd definitely love to play the Classic Club.  Hell, I'll play anywhere though.  Lets just pick something so that we can start rallying guys and getting peeps signed up for the date.

Sorry for not being clear... the church's tournament is in March... I'd still be looking to do ours in April. The 6th/7th is what I can do personally as the next three weekends I know that I cannot get off of work. I'm also open to doing this on a weekday instead, although I'm not sure how that would work for anybody else (it may also be cheaper).

Erik, obviously you are invited; it would be awesome to have you out here.

I think Classic Club would be a great course for us to play and for the guys driving in it's pretty damn easy to get to as it's right off of the freeway (I-10). The only problem at this course is that it has a tendency to be a bit windy (that's the reason the Humana stopped playing there).

Another good option for us would be SilverRock, although I'm not sure the costs there. However, I do know one of the pros over there so he may be able to make something work. I'll make a few phone calls tomorrow and see whats going on... For SilverRock I think we'd have to have at least 13 people to do an advanced booking for a tournament... not sure about Classic Club, but I will find out about that tomorrow. Last time we only ended up with 10, so we need to get a few more guys. I might have a buddy who would play, and if we don't loose GolfingDad and Erik comes that'll put us at 12. For the hell of it, I'll call Desert Willow as well and get an idea from them as well.

Here are the websites for the courses I'll check out so you guys can take a look, let me know what you think.

http://www.silverrock.org

http://www.golfclub-terralago.com

http://www.desertwillow.com

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Sorry for not being clear... the church's tournament is in March... I'd still be looking to do ours in April. The 6th/7th is what I can do personally as the next three weekends I know that I cannot get off of work. I'm also open to doing this on a weekday instead, although I'm not sure how that would work for anybody else (it may also be cheaper).

Erik, obviously you are invited; it would be awesome to have you out here.

I think Classic Club would be a great course for us to play and for the guys driving in it's pretty damn easy to get to as it's right off of the freeway (I-10). The only problem at this course is that it has a tendency to be a bit windy (that's the reason the Humana stopped playing there).

Another good option for us would be SilverRock, although I'm not sure the costs there. However, I do know one of the pros over there so he may be able to make something work. I'll make a few phone calls tomorrow and see whats going on... For SilverRock I think we'd have to have at least 13 people to do an advanced booking for a tournament... not sure about Classic Club, but I will find out about that tomorrow. Last time we only ended up with 10, so we need to get a few more guys. I might have a buddy who would play, and if we don't loose GolfingDad and Erik comes that'll put us at 12. For the hell of it, I'll call Desert Willow as well and get an idea from them as well.

Here are the websites for the courses I'll check out so you guys can take a look, let me know what you think.

http://www.silverrock.org

http://www.golfclub-terralago.com

http://www.desertwillow.com

Sounds good to me.  Let me know what course you guys are interested in and I'll reach out to them about working something out.

Erik, maybe you can arrange a 5SK instructor school out west around the same time

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I'll reach out to my buddy Phil McGleno who lives in the area.  And see if he's down to join us.

Totally ... especially if you drop Erik and Mike's names. ;)

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Totally ... especially if you drop Erik and Mike's names. ;)

Yeah exactly lol.  I do have his number....  Tell him you're a good friend of Dana and Grant's and ask why he's trying to copy the S&T; swing

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator
Originally Posted by mvmac

Sounds good to me.  Let me know what course you guys are interested in and I'll reach out to them about working something out.

Erik, maybe you can arrange a 5SK instructor school out west around the same time

Probably negatory on that one. Y'all do realize that's right around the Masters isn't it?

Never mind. Masters is from 11-14.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

just tell me when and where, and i will be there!  Unless you dont want me there, then tell me the wrong date and place ...(*just kidding*)

Originally Posted by Pakoh

just tell me when and where, and i will be there!  Unless you dont want me there, then tell me the wrong date and place...(*just kidding*)

Monday, April 8th, 4:45 pm, Diamond Bar GC.

• Upvote 1

So I talked with Classic Club and for them, they'd only have the 7th available before 11am... Also it'd be their standard rate, which at that time is $139, but that would include a $15 voucher for lunch and a $10 voucher for the pro shop (as long as we have 13 or more people). I think the church has the $65 rate because they are all desert residents (resident rate is $65). Obviously that is too pricey but I still think this is the best choice if Mike can negotiate a good rate with them in exchange for reviews or something.

The other courses are all good choices as well, so look at them and post what you'd like so Mike can reach out to them.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• Administrator

So I talked with Classic Club and for them, they'd only have the 7th available before 11am... Also it'd be their standard rate, which at that time is $139, but that would include a $15 voucher for lunch and a $10 voucher for the pro shop (as long as we have 13 or more people). I think the church has the $65 rate because they are all desert residents (resident rate is $65). Obviously that is too pricey but I still think this is the best choice if Mike can negotiate a good rate with them in exchange for reviews or something.

The other courses are all good choices as well, so look at them and post what you'd like so Mike can reach out to them.

Mike, you can use my status in the PGA as well.

Originally Posted by mvmac

Yeah exactly lol.  I do have his number....  Tell him you're a good friend of Dana and Grant's and ask why he's trying to copy the S&T; swing

LOL

Note: This thread is 3997 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!