IGNORED

Where's Anthony Kim? What ever happened to Anthony Kim?

uscfan
Note: This thread is 1303 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Rare interview with Anthony Kim from USA Today

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2015/09/30/anthony-kim-says-golf-only-a-fond-memory-of-mine/73072460/

It seems AK is still not healthy enough to compete. That's a shame because he was fun to watch.

Well I guess that $10milllion insurance clause was too much to pass up.

But it seems that he still is not healthy. He's had a bunch of surgeries in  3.5 years.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[QUOTE name="Vinsk" url="/t/63749/wheres-anthony-kim-what-ever-happened-to-anthony-kim/126#post_1206998"]   [QUOTE name="boogielicious" url="/t/63749/wheres-anthony-kim-what-ever-happened-to-anthony-kim/100_100#post_1206996"] Rare interview with Anthony Kim from USA Today [URL=http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2015/09/30/anthony-kim-says-golf-only-a-fond-memory-of-mine/73072460/]http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2015/09/30/anthony-kim-says-golf-only-a-fond-memory-of-mine/73072460/[/URL] It seems AK is still not healthy enough to compete. That's a shame because he was fun to watch.[/QUOTE] Well I guess that $10milllion insurance clause was too much to pass up.[/QUOTE] But it seems that he still is not healthy. He's had a bunch of surgeries in  3.5 years.

It seems like he's making a lot of money in the venture with his friends as well. Not sure how much incentive there is to play injured?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

maybe he just doesn't like to play golf anymore...   it really could be that simple...

to many athletes, the "game" is a means to an end...  they don't necessarily "love the game"...  they play it because they are good at it and it makes them money...

His body is more beat up than Tigers maybe he did steroids too .  The list of surgeries covered 2 shoulder, Achilles, spinal fusion and hand surgeries.  That's a pretty long list of issues for a guy who's only 30.  Good thing he bought that expensive insurance policy.

Joe Paradiso

• 7 months later...

AK sighting!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I am not a hater but being a badass at golf and doing tournaments for a living would be way better than pissing away money on tattoos. I guess if you feel like you can't be you and be a pga pro...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

11 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

I am not a hater but being a badass at golf and doing tournaments for a living would be way better than pissing away money on tattoos. I guess if you feel like you can't be you and be a pga pro...

Sounds like he is physically not capable anymore with all the surgeries. He made a choice based on that.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Sounds like he is physically not capable anymore with all the surgeries. He made a choice based on that.

Maybe. He really hasn't said as far I have seen. It sounds more like he doesn't want to try for fear of losing his insurance policy.

It does seem like the drive to play golf again does not exceed the comfort of $10 million, he could earn that money and then some with a lot of hard work, over the next decade, but he could also just hang out and do whatever, forever, would many choose the golf?

24 minutes ago, MrDC said:

It does seem like the drive to play golf again does not exceed the comfort of $10 million, he could earn that money and then some with a lot of hard work, over the next decade, but he could also just hang out and do whatever, forever, would many choose the golf?

There is absolutely no guarantee he even comes close to that $10M mark.  Why risk it?

He can still play golf everyday and live a pretty damn luxurious life.  Smart decision by him.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

16 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

Out of curiosity, what's getting tattoos have to do with not golfing?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

5 hours ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Out of curiosity, what's getting tattoos have to do with not golfing?

Nothing really. Just an observation.

9 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Anybody else besides me remember David Duval?

Sure; I saw him on the Golf Channel, like, twenty minutes ago.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

2 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Anybody else besides me remember David Duval?

No comparison between the two...

Anthony Kim - 3 wins on tour, highest world ranking = 10 (I think) . best year end ranking was 11 (2008) - finished 2007 at 75 and 2009 at 24 , was a "phenom" who vanished from the public eye.

David Duval - 19 wins, highest world ranking = 1 (2 different times), finished out 4 years in the top 3 OWGR, had well known struggles, tried again and again to come back, appears regularly as a (very good) announcer/commentator.

I like AK and it's nothing against the guy  .. he should call me and we'll hang out,lol . but AK is no David Duval.  Not in the same league. 

Edit - I forgot to answer the question, lol . .Yes, I remember David Duval.

Edited by Rainmaker
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2016 at 2:47 AM, Rainmaker said:

No comparison between the two...

Anthony Kim - 3 wins on tour, highest world ranking = 10 (I think) . best year end ranking was 11 (2008) - finished 2007 at 75 and 2009 at 24 , was a "phenom" who vanished from the public eye.

David Duval - 19 wins, highest world ranking = 1 (2 different times), finished out 4 years in the top 3 OWGR, had well known struggles, tried again and again to come back, appears regularly as a (very good) announcer/commentator.

I like AK and it's nothing against the guy  .. he should call me and we'll hang out,lol . but AK is no David Duval.  Not in the same league. 

Edit - I forgot to answer the question, lol . .Yes, I remember David Duval.

My comparison was only meant in the sense of a prominent player who just dropped out of sight. AK was slated for great things according to most golf pundits.

I haven't read every reply on this thread, so this may have been addressed, but I heard that AK had a lawsuit going against somebody, perhaps for a botched medical procedure? Something like that. Whatever, it was reported that if he were to return to play on the tour, it would jeopardize the standing of that lawsuit.

I liked David Duval as much as anyone. His problems seemed to start when he decided to lose weight, which was all the rage back them. Everybody had to look like Tiger!

Duval never dropped out, though.  He's played in events every year since he came on the tour - including this year (missed the cut at Pebble Beach).  Plus he's a golf commentator.  Maybe people stopped looking - but he's not hiding, lol.      

Note: This thread is 1303 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!