IGNORED

What Are Your 2013 Golf Goals? Official Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Right now I'm a 12.8, so I'd like to take at least 3 strokes off of that and be a single digit. I managed to break 85 a handful of times this last year and broke 80 once, so I'd like to see my scores get down into the low 80s range consistently and see a few more scores in the 70s.

The biggest thing for me is going to be learning how to be more consistent off of the tee... My iron play has become more and more consistent and I pretty happy with that and the short game/putting seems to be coming around but the driver seems to be either be on or completely off... If I can figure that out the above shouldn't be too hard.

Oh, and one last thing... track EVERY round in Scorecard... I did a great job at the beginning of this year doing it and then about half way through I got lazy... I'd like to have an entire year of stats this time next year.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My goal for 2012 was to shoot my age(70) but the closest I came was a 74.. In 2011 I came close needing a birdie on 18 to shoot 69 but fell short. In 2013 my goal is to go out and enjoy the game, don't mad when I play below my expectations and accept how I played

that day.

Improve my all around game to a single digit handicap. Really need to focus on GIR and putts.

2012 Stats:

Driving Accuracy - 54% (27% miss left, 19% miss right)

GIR - 25% (Yes that's terrible)

Putts per round - 33 (Also terrible considering I don't hit many greens!)

My goals are as follows:

1. continue physical therapy so my shoulder dysplasia is no longer a problem (should be accomplished by mid January :fingerscrossed:)

2. Take 3-5 private lessons (waiting to do it once my shoulder feels better)

3. get my swing in a good enough place (hopefully thanks to lessons) that I can start focusing more on my short game and putting to lower my scores

4. The big one and if I accomplish the goals above I think this one will take care of itself: CONSISTENCY

5. Maintain a handicap at 7 or below (currently hopping back from 10-12). Again if I accomplish 1-4 this one will take care of itself

My goal for 2013 is to not let my HC rise by more than 2 strokes.........

I'm joining a new course in 2013 and this course really kicks my butt.  there is trouble everywhere...and when you do finally reach the green....they are very slopy and difficult to 2 putt unless you hit it close.   I hope by playing it regularly, I can figure it out.  Only time will tell...LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I am still accumulating score cards and haven't yet established a handicap, but as most of those are (sadly) mid nineties it will come out in the 20's. So far pretty much all of my game is quite erratic, but I'm getting some lessons and putting in a good bit of time on the range and putting green. So... - Gain decent consistency in both distance and direction in my long game and develop some confidence in fairway wood play. - Develop better consistency in my short game and finally learn to chip (a skill that has eluded me in all of my previous attempts at golf.). Better putting too, of course, but I suspect that will remain a lifelong quest. - Progress on the above general goals may be judged by my handicap; I don't think it is too aggressive to aim at 15 this time next year I do hope I'll be back next June to update this after realizing I was way too conservative in this goal... :-P Jim

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

At my home course, where i have been playing 20-30 rounds each year for ten years:

1. Birdie #12 and #17, neither of which I have ever birdied.

2. Keep my handicap index under 10 for the whole year.

3. Play nine holes in even par.

4. Hit my irons more consistently, taking a few lessons if necessary.

Basically to build on what I did in 2012, which was a great year for me. I had fun, golfed some nice courses (founds some hidden gems) and overall felt like I golfed the best golf of my life.

goals for 2013

Improve my short game, 120yrds in

play more consistent on league

break 90

Improve my mental game

have fun

In the Bag:

X Driver, 3w & 5w

Ironwood 4 hybrids

Putter: BigT special

I'll play 2 sets of tees at my new home course..........73.2cr 141slope...forward tees.....and 75.2cr 144slope..(summer tees)

I look forward to the new challenge.......this course is brutal.  If you don't like golf, we can talk bowling, because I do that too.

I'm a much better at golf though..(scratch)....but I can roll the rock...just a bit.  278 is my high game.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I'll play 2 sets of tees at my new home course..........73.2cr 141slope...forward tees.....and 75.2cr 144slope..(summer tees) I look forward to the new challenge.......this course is brutal.  If you don't like golf, we can talk bowling, because I do that too. I'm a much better at golf though..(scratch)....but I can roll the rock...just a bit.  278 is my high game.

What course is that? I saw the one pic of the par 5 you posted and I want to see more! PS ... I can't keep up with you on the links yet, but I'm pretty sure I could hang with you on the alley! ;). (279 high game, 204 current average) :)

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Enjoy the game (stop throwing clubs) Go back to walking the course regularly Hit consistently in the mid seventies

Clubs in my bag: TaylorMade R7 SuperDeep TP 9.5° Fujikura Speeder 757 S | Titleist 906F2 13° AccuFLEX ICON FH X| Adams Idea Pro Black 18° Aldila NV Pro 105-S| Mizuno MP-57 3-7; MP-32 8-P PX6.0 | Mizuno MP T-10 54.09, 60.05
My bags and cart: Titleist Carry Bag | Mizuno Omega V + Clicgear 2.0

1. Develop more accuracy on approach shots.  (need a few more GIR to boost my scores)

2. Break 80 more often.

3. Keep the ball in better position off the tee(cut down on the wild lefts or rights)

4. ENJOY!

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Note: This thread is 3871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!