IGNORED

What Are Your 2013 Golf Goals? Official Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3844 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. Rework my technique/swing. 2. Drive 50% FIR by May, then 80% by year end. (driving is a huge letdown at the moment) 3. Practice more often. 4. Make single digit handicap ( currently 14).

Currently a 8.6 Handicap - played 102 times in 2012. Lowest score 71 Highest score 91 1. Practice Short game - Scrambled currently 30% par or better - like to get to 50% 2. Drive 65% FIR - currently 52% 3. Hit 60% GIR - currently 47% 4. Lower Handicap to below 5 5. Break 70 for the first time!!

1. Get confident through the bag with my new, flatter swing.

2. End the year as a single-digit handicap.

3. Get a whole lot better about keeping up with my stats after each round so I know how to allocate my practice time.

4. Statistically speaking: 60% FIR, 65% GIR, under 1.9 putts per green for the year.

And, 5. Don't embarrass myself at the club open this year like I did last year, when I did my Tin Cup impression on the 17th hole.

I'm not going left or right of those trees, ok? I'm going over those trees...with a little draw.

Play more golf, improve my driving, improve my 3-wood, improve my hybrid play.  Whats really holding me back from scoring is my struggles with getting off the tee and hitting a good 2nd shot that gets me on the green or sets me up for a makeable wedge shot.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I'm brand new, my goals are

* consistently shoot under 95

* meet more players in the area

* Shoot a few eagles... all I've hit so far are a few birdies

I put Adams and PING in my OGIO Recoil bag. I'm shooting for the low 90's by summer 13'

Hmm, 2012 goals were

a) Break 100

b) Break 90

I succeeded with the first, and almost the second (best round was 91).

So 2013 goals are

a) Break 90

b) Break 85

c) Break 80 (This is a bit of a stretch goal, I don't know if it's achievable, but I'm gonna try!)

swing impouvement,

on the BS I need to have my left arm much more in line with my target and my wrist hinged upwards more correctly as of now it is bent towards my back (cupped i think you say).

If i can do that this year after 6 years of repetitive mistakes its a miracle.

1. Break 100 more often. 2. Make better contact with my irons on the course. Some reason I make good contact at the range most of the time, not as much on the course. 3. Continue straightening my drives. I improved greatly last year (for me anyway) 4. Golf more!
In my bag:
Driver - Diablo Octane 10.5*
Fairway Wood - Diablo Octane 15*
Hybrid -  Edge 21*
Irons - X20's 4I - 9I
Wedges - X20's PW/SW
Putter - White Ice 1
Ball - Warbird

1. Break 100 more often. 2. Make better contact with my irons on the course. Some reason I make good contact at the range most of the time, not as much on the course. 3. Continue straightening my drives. I improved greatly last year (for me anyway) 4. Golf more!
In my bag:
Driver - Diablo Octane 10.5*
Fairway Wood - Diablo Octane 15*
Hybrid -  Edge 21*
Irons - X20's 4I - 9I
Wedges - X20's PW/SW
Putter - White Ice 1
Ball - Warbird

Originally Posted by Jeffrey71

1) Join local golf club

2) Play at least twice a week

3) Practice effectively at least 3 times a week

4) Sharpen my game around/on the green

5) Drop HC to lower single digit

6) Play in State Amateur Tournament

So I paid the yearly membership fee yesterday at the local golf club. $480 = unlimited golf and use of facility (cart not included)

Here's the updated 2013 goals list:

1) Play at least twice a week

2) Practice effectively at least 3 times a week

3) Sharpen my game around/ on the green

4) Drop HC to a lower single digit

5) Play in State Amateur Tournament

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

• 2 weeks later...
I don't really know what goals to set. I hope I'll be able to play some golf, but I'm farther from a training facility than before, so it could result in less practice. If I can play well enough to stabilize at around 10-15 handicap, I'm happy.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In 2012 I achieved all of my goals except one, and so that is my #1 goal for this year:

1) Become a single-digit handicap.

2) 50% GIR for the year.

3) Shoot an even par round of golf OR the course rating, whichever is higher, in any given round.

If I accomplish any of these (or am on pace to do so, for #2) by mid year, I will throw in another:

4) Get up-and-down 50% of the time

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by Jeffrey71

So I paid the yearly membership fee yesterday at the local golf club. $480 = unlimited golf and use of facility (cart not included)

Here's the updated 2013 goals list:

1) Play at least twice a week

3) Sharpen my game around/ on the green

4) Drop HC to a lower single digit

5) Play in State Amateur Tournament

Alright this will be the 3rd time I've revised this. I think this is the final revision.

1) Play 18 holes at least twice a week

3) Sharpen all aspects of game from tee to green

4) Become more consistent

5) Drop HC to lower single digit

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

Shoot in the 80s. Putt better. They both go hand in hand.

In The Bag:
Driver: 
 RBZ 10.5*
3 Wood:  RBZ 15 *
Hybrids G15 17* & 20*
Irons​ G2 4-UW 
Wedges:  Vokey 54*
Putter:  MC-03w
Balls:  PD Soft

Note: This thread is 3844 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!