IGNORED

My Swing (hakky)

hakky
Note: This thread is 4103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 1.5 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 14.8

My typical ball flight is: small fade

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: a slice

I am playing golf for 1.5 years now and i am trying to get better by posting some of my swings in this thread.

Would like to hear your opinion. Thank you.

hakky

all swings with my 8 iron, dtl and front in slowmo and normal speed

Videos:

Shoullders are turning too flat on the backswing, leading to the forearms rotating too much on the backswing and then the arms lift.  IMO the slice is just an effect to the compensations you have to make on the downswing because the backswing is out of sorts.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First of all merry christmas!

Thank you for your reply. Tomorrow will be the next range session and i will try to work on what you mentioned. Next videos tomorrow.

hakky

Originally Posted by hakky

First of all merry christmas!

Thank you for your reply. Tomorrow will be the next range session and i will try to work on what you mentioned. Next videos tomorrow.

hakky

Merry Christmas to you too.  Would love to see you participate on other threads and become a regular member of the site

Mike McLoughlin

So first of all thanks to all the viewers and the great tip from mvmac. Today after a great christmas dinner i went to our range to change my setup. After some shots of practicing in front of a mirror my shots were really straight, maybe slight fade, but no slice. With the driver (no video taken) i got pretty nice straight and long drives.

My Shoulder plane with the new setup got littel steeper.

Here are my new videos: Hope someone responds. Thanx hakky

Looks much better, keep up the work with the set-up.  I was hoping the adjustments with the neck/head would get you to stand closer to the ball.  Check yourself in the mirror against these guys and do the check point I recommend.

Mike McLoughlin

Thanx once again. Yesterday practice session was really a new experience with my head more down and more closed clubface on backswing. Will try the tip with my left thumb and butt end of club in the next days. But i have one question: If i stand closer to the ball i need to have a steeper shaft angle to let my club travel back on plan, right? And another question: now  if i stand closer to the ball it will make me hit more from the out to in because there is not much room for in to out? So maybe putting my ball more in center than forward in my stance then?

Would like to hear what you think.

Next range session in the next days, where i will try to work on the next thing.

hakky

If you stand closer to the ball you should have a flatter plane because you will be standing taller and less bent over.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Originally Posted by billchao

If you stand closer to the ball you should have a flatter plane because you will be standing taller and less bent over.

No it just means he can get his shoulders to relax, allow his head to hang, so the shoulders turn closer to 90 degrees to his address spine angle.

I can bend over 50 degrees and have the hands very close to me, think Fuzzy Zoeller.  The further away you stand the flatter the shaft will be on the back swing, think hitting a wedge vs a driver, which shaft plane is flatter?  Obviously the driver because you're standing further away due to the club being longer.

Originally Posted by hakky

Thanx once again. Yesterday practice session was really a new experience with my head more down and more closed clubface on backswing. Will try the tip with my left thumb and butt end of club in the next days. But i have one question: If i stand closer to the ball i need to have a steeper shaft angle to let my club travel back on plan, right? And another question: now  if i stand closer to the ball it will make me hit more from the out to in because there is not much room for in to out? So maybe putting my ball more in center than forward in my stance then?

Would like to hear what you think.

Next range session in the next days, where i will try to work on the next thing.

hakky

Guess I just basically answered those questions.  You want the shaft to be steeper on the backswing, going to happen because of less forearm rotation of the backswing.  No need to make a set-up adjustment.  Focus on one or two things I gave you and get it looking good.  I choose those pieces because they lead to other issues you're having.  If you stand as far away as you are no you'll be more likely to roll your forearms on the takeaway, same thing if you eyes are up.

I've given a lot of info here and I've recommended you participate on other thread on our forum.  I think every post you've made has been on your swing thread.  I'm sharing information here in the hope that you'll become a regular member.  This might be another good option for you to improve your swing http://evolvr.thegolfevolution.com

Mike McLoughlin

I was on your evolvr site, will register soon and give it a try. But i will try to post videos here too to follow my swing changes. Also trying to get more involved in the forum.

hakky

Originally Posted by hakky

I was on your evolvr site, will register soon and give it a try. But i will try to post videos here too to follow my swing changes. Also trying to get more involved in the forum.

hakky

Great, look forward to seeing you on Evolvr, when you do upload a swing please include the link to this thread

Also just posted a video on posture and a good feel to go with it

http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture/108#post_794261

Mike McLoughlin

watched it an tried in front of a mirror, my upper arms and shoulder feel much more relaxed. excited how my ball flight will look and contact will feel with new posture. see u on evolvr

Hi!

Went to the range and tried the new setup changes. Hands nearer to my body which relaxes whole setup/shoulders a lot . The more steeper “shoulderplane” which feels slowly more comfortable.

The change in my setup was leading to a slight higher ball flight without losing distance. Flight was straight and much more consistent. If iwas putting my ball back in stance I was having a slight draw, which I never had before.

Made some “comparison-pictures” which shows the changes between today (right) and 3 days ago (left picture). Making some nice progress and I want to say thank you again.

hakky

Next range session today. Was focusing to get comfortable in my new setup position.

I was reading in beachcombers member swing and i found the Grant Waite video where the rear elbow during the backswing is shown.

my left elbow is traveling far behind me even when my shoulders have stopped turning. and i thin my left hand/arm get to high here. Is that right? And how can i fix this/does anyone have a drill to fix this?

Thanx hakky

Originally Posted by hakky

Next range session today. Was focusing to get comfortable in my new setup position.

I was reading in beachcombers member swing and i found the Grant Waite video where the rear elbow during the backswing is shown.

my left elbow is traveling far behind me even when my shoulders have stopped turning. and i thin my left hand/arm get to high here. Is that right? And how can i fix this/does anyone have a drill to fix this?

Thanx hakky

This drill is good, press into the right thumb with the left hand

http://thesandtrap.com/t/62804/steady-head-drill-and-how-painting-mental-pictures-can-help-your-swing

http://thesandtrap.com/t/54238/elbow-position-and-its-effects-on-the-downswing

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 4103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!