IGNORED

Golf Traditions?

LRMgolf
Note: This thread is 4124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was just curious to see if there are any crazy golf traditions that you all may have. We have a tradition in my family. The tradition was started by my grandfather way before I was born, and he has been gone now 20 years, but the tradition is still going strong. Our tradition is pretty simple, Myself along with 4 of my uncles and 2 brothers. We go and play golf every new years day at 8am. Every year we start our round taking a shot of whiskey in memory of my grandfather. We play in the rain or shine. Being in ohio we have played in 50 degree weather, and we have played in a foot of snow. This year has gone to the snow. We currently have 8-12 inches of snow on the ground. So my night will include painting golf balls fluorescent pink for tomorrows round... Please feel free to share any family golf traditions you may have. Hit'em straight in the new year!!

Driver - Ping G15

3 Wood - Taylormade V-steel

5 Wood - Cleveland Launcher

4 Hybrid - Taylormade Burner

Irons - 5-PW Callaway X-18

Wedge - Golden Bear 56*

Putter - Odyssey 2-ball SRT

I along with my Dad, brother and uncle always tee it up on Easter Sunday and then watch the Masters together. We play most Sundays together though, so it's not much of a change from the ordinary I guess.

Taylormade 425 R7 Driver- Tour stiff Cobra AMP 3 wood- Stiff Titleist 704 CB irons 2-PW Cleveland 588 wedges- 56 and 60 Ping Pick Em Up- belly putter Taylormade Penta 5 balls

That's an awesome tradition LRMGolf.  You guys are dedicated if you keep to it even with a foot of snow on the ground.  I'd love to hear how many balls you lose collectively.

Around here, we get an inch of snow and the golf courses close for a week.  My club has been closed for the last 3 days because of *minor* snowfall.

Originally Posted by Unkynd

That's an awesome tradition LRMGolf.  You guys are dedicated if you keep to it even with a foot of snow on the ground.  I'd love to hear how many balls you lose collectively.

Around here, we get an inch of snow and the golf courses close for a week.  My club has been closed for the last 3 days because of *minor* snowfall.

This year our new years golf wasn't to bad Unkynd. I think by the end of our round (9 holes) I lost 6 golf balls. More than I like but then again there was a foot of snow on the ground.

The course we play every year is one of the cheaper courses in my area so they done really lock up the course. But my uncle is friends with the owner so that helps a little. During our round we all got to talking, and we are actually going to attempt to start a 4 man scramble on new years day. Come up with modified rules, and possible door prizes and such. Well assuming we are able to get enough die hard golfers willing to play regardless of the weather. I think that will be the hardest part.

Driver - Ping G15

3 Wood - Taylormade V-steel

5 Wood - Cleveland Launcher

4 Hybrid - Taylormade Burner

Irons - 5-PW Callaway X-18

Wedge - Golden Bear 56*

Putter - Odyssey 2-ball SRT

Awesome tradition, OP. And I could never limit my Caddyshack viewings lol.

My family has always played a morning round on the Thursday after Thanksgiving. We split our Thanksgivings between Tallahassee and Gainesville, depending on where the UF-FSU game is that year, and it's a nice, calm day before we all get at each others' throats the next day (we're split right down the middle). We always play a spirited game of Hawk.

Starting my sophomore year of college, my best friend and I have always watched the Masters together, even making a trip to Augusta for the Wednesday round last year. Once our baseball careers ended and he moved back to Canada, we kept the commentary going on Facebook chat or XBox Live. Looking forward to it this year.

I'm not going left or right of those trees, ok? I'm going over those trees...with a little draw.

My brother and I typically hit at least 1 ball AT the other (think Lob wedge/ quarter swing)  in a round just to keep us on our toes.  There are also WAY too many exploding, floating, wobbling or wiffle balls hit in a season.

Our group USED to think it was funny too loosen the bag straps on the carts but a few scratched Diablo's and Ping's ended that "tradition".... oddly- that is where the "hitting balls at each other" began. :)

I put Adams and PING in my OGIO Recoil bag. I'm shooting for the low 90's by summer 13'

Note: This thread is 4124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!