IGNORED

2013 - NFL Playoffs

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 4109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

meenman should get an asterisk next to every post.  Every team did it.  Get over it.  Sorry the team you support stinks.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Originally Posted by boogielicious

meenman should get an asterisk next to every post.  Every team did it.  Get over it.  Sorry the team you support stinks.

Every team did it? And the team he supports beat yours twice when it mattered.

Don't be silly now. :P

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Eric Mangini, you know the guy who started it all, said point blank on air that every team the Jets played was also filming the signals, including the Jets themselves filming other teams.  He said he singled out the Pats due to the rivalry and regretted ever doing it.  He was witness number 1.

So who it being silly?

Scott

My Swing Thread

You sound just like a guy I golf with every week - *if the pats were cheating, everyone must have, the yankees all did roids, but none of the sawx did* - i always feel bad when there is an opening in our foursome and some random guy gets paired with us - it can look ugly if you didnt know we were friends. I do golf with another boston fan and he is one of the most civil I know.

I really wouldnt say my team stinks - but they definitely do not step it up against some of the slugs.

Originally Posted by iacas

Every team did it? And the team he supports beat yours twice when it mattered.

Don't be silly now. :P

The *every team did it* is a new england thing - kind of like their hideous accent.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Eric Mangini, you know the guy who started it all, said point blank on air that every team the Jets played was also filming the signals, including the Jets themselves filming other teams.  He said he singled out the Pats due to the rivalry and regretted ever doing it.  He was witness number 1.

So who it being silly?

Since *mangenius* said it, it must be true? Of course he was probably copying belicheat - that was his mentor. That does not mean everyone else was doing it.

There could be a case made that your guys are still doing it - looking at how much better their home record is compared to every other team in the league.

Now who is being silly.

Follow me on twitter

Yeah but most of those were not coin flip games. They were beat downs.  In Brady's case he is 2 plays away from being 5-0 and is also 2 plays away from being 1-4. To be fair, I have a theory that if they replayed the superbowls the following week, we would have a different winner  1/3 the time even with the blowout games.

I sort of hope the 49er's win. It would be fun to see what either the Pats or the Ravens do given 2 weeks to prepare for the read option. I have a feeling that either team will come up with a game plan to shut it down and it would be up to the 49es to adjust.

Originally Posted by CanuckAaron

Winning three of 5 means everything, just ask Jim Kelly 0-4 but I get what you are saying. I hope for a good game, I am a lions fan so I really do not have strong feelings for any of the teams in the conference finals but I like watching good games, no matter what the sport.

So then we should have an asterisk next to every team that admitted steroid use like the '70s Raiders and Steelers then?  Steroid were illegal and immoral.  How bout cocaine?  Lawrence Taylor, Asterisk I guess.  Get off your silly high moral horse.

Scott

My Swing Thread

So then we should have an asterisk next to every team that admitted steroid use like the '70s Raiders and Steelers then?  Steroid were illegal and immoral.  How bout cocaine?  Lawrence Taylor, Asterisk I guess.  Get off your silly high moral horse.

The problem is Boston fan can not be objective - their whole silly life is based on their sports teams. They are the first to call out others and make up excuses while not accepting their own follies. When the other team wins it was luck, when yours wins - it's all skill.

Everyone from New England claims to be a lifelong fan with season tickets passed down for 20 generations. Bottom line is, before Parcells, you had no fan support and no one at the games. (and probably would not have had a team)

Belicheat is your hero, but the fact is he has no super bowl rings since spygate - truthfully I dont see him getting a ring this year unless you get by Baltimore AND Atlanta surprises all of us with a win this week.

Follow me on twitter

Originally Posted by meenman

The problem is Boston fan can not be objective - their whole silly life is based on their sports teams. They are the first to call out others and make up excuses while not accepting their own follies. When the other team wins it was luck, when yours wins - it's all skill.

Everyone from New England claims to be a lifelong fan with season tickets passed down for 20 generations. Bottom line is, before Parcells, you had no fan support and no one at the games. (and probably would not have had a team)

Belicheat is your hero, but the fact is he has no super bowl rings since spygate - truthfully I dont see him getting a ring this year unless you get by Baltimore AND Atlanta surprises all of us with a win this week.

Isn't saying that whenever New England wins is because they cheated, the exact same thing that you are criticizing New England fans about? Not very objective.

To completely dismiss Brady is ridiculous, he is one of the greatest pocket passers of all time. I am not even a New england fan, however I am a sports fan and I can appreciate great skill and a great quarterback. Few people to ever play the position have the vision and poise in the pocket, especially when all hell is breaking loose back there.

Originally Posted by CanuckAaron

Isn't saying that whenever New England is is because they cheated the exact same thing that you are criticizing New England fans about? Not very objective.

Not real sure I understand your English here - but I will see if I can.

It's a FACT, that the pats were nailed in spygate. It's a New England WISH that they could say everyone was doing it(which still doesnt explain why they were the only ones dumb enough to get caught when their head coach is supposed to be one of the smartest in the biz)

Follow me on twitter

Well I don't see them getting a ring unless

a) They get by Baltimore AND Atlanta

or

b)They bet by Baltimore AND SF.

I am 100% sure if they don't do one of those 2 things they will not get a ring. I place the odds at about 25%+-10%.

Originally Posted by x129

Well I don't see them getting a ring unless

a) They get by Baltimore AND Atlanta

or

b)They bet by Baltimore AND SF.

I am 100% sure if they don't do one of those 2 things they will not get a ring. I place the odds at about 25%+-10%.

I actually think an Atlanta / New England super bowl would be a painful game to watch.

I dont believe that Atlanta is for real and I feel that they already won their super bowl by finally winning a playoff game.

Follow me on twitter

Not real sure I understand your English here - but I will see if I can.

It's a FACT, that the pats were nailed in spygate. It's a New England WISH that they could say everyone was doing it(which still doesnt explain why they were the only ones dumb enough to get caught when their head coach is supposed to be one of the smartest in the biz)

No you did not understand it apparently. I was commenting on your reasoning and your version of "objectivity". You complained that New England Fans were not "objective" and then continued to say that all New England wins were the result of cheating which is a gross overstatement and based on your "subjective " interpretation of one single time when they were caught cheating.

My point was that your statement was hypocritical because you failed to show the same objectivity that you were criticizing New England fans for.

ATL v SF -

should be a closer game than the public thinks. unique to see SF as a road favorite (currently at -4.5) against the #1 seed in the NFC. hostile environment will be a challenge for Kaepernick, and if Atlanta can disguise their blitz packages better than Green Bay did, Kaep could be in for a rough day. the key for a 49er victory will be a viable running game, leaving 2nd and 3rd downs at a manageable distance. the Falcons have a huge monkey on their backs, so there's a ton of pressure on Ryan to get over the hump and prove he's an "elite" QB. the Falcon's running game doesn't match up well with the SF defense (i.e. Turner is a plodder who doesn't catch any balls out of the backfield), but ATL has maybe the best WR tandem in JJ and Roddy, and Gonzo is a legit threat at TE. if the Falcon defense can keep Crabtree and VD under control, they should be in this game until the very end.

prediction: ATL 24 SF 21

NE v BAL -

Flacco is like Ryan in the sense of needing a big playoff win to cement an "elite" QB status. the Ravens certainly have all the weapons: Rice, Pitta, Boldin, TSmiff - the question is if they will all show up on the same day, ready to play. BAL has a habit of playing up, or down, to their opponent and Harbaugh has been known to out-coach himself. as the Raven defense goes, so goes their fortune. they're not as stout as in seasons past, but good enough to give the Pats fits if they can put Brady on his back a couple of times. NE is on a roll however, and they have as many weapons on offense as the Ravens. even with Gronk out of the picture, they still can score from anywhere on the field. if Vereen and Ridley can take some pressure off Brady and keep the BAL defense honest in respecting the run, they should have little problem putting points on the board. i think these teams are closer than Vegas does (NE -9) and the final score should bear that out.

prediction: BAL 28, NE 27

for entertainment purposes only i'm leaning:

BAL ML +235

ATL ML +180

4 team teaser ATL +10, U55; BAL +16.5 O46

Julio Jones O 72.5 yards

Let me preface this with saying that the Giants won, and in the long run that is all that matters...

That being said, I'm not sure how anyone could call Eli breaking 17 tackles and then throwing a prayer to a guy who isn't in the league anymore, and him catching it off his helmet is anything but lucky.

That would be like saying my Lions weren't lucky over and over again last year, and that wasn't the only reason they made the playoffs.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Originally Posted by smellysell

That being said, I'm not sure how anyone could call Eli breaking 17 tackles and then throwing a prayer to a guy who isn't in the league anymore, and him catching it off his helmet is anything but lucky.

The point is the ones calling it *luck* are pretty much known as sore losers.

There is luck involved in any game - but you have to be in it to win on a *lucky* play.

If the team was down 47-0, it would no longer be considered *luck* - matter of fact, no one would even remember it

And I would say anyone breaking 17 tackles showed more skill than luck.

Follow me on twitter

Ray Lewis count is already in double digits, and they haven't even kicked off yet.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

Ray Lewis count is already in double digits, and they haven't even kicked off yet.

The line was set for only after the kickoff so those don't count towards my 21.5 call

Constantine

Note: This thread is 4109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!