IGNORED

2013 - NFL Playoffs

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 4082 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You might want to look at the video again. Pollack wouldn't have been close to hitting the throat or jaw. And launching is a bit of stretch. Now if it was worth it for Pollack to deliver the head butt or not is hard to say. Maybe he felt that Pollack would have put a helmet on the ball. Or probably the likely result is that he just reacted in the .1th of second and what happened happened.

Originally Posted by dak4n6

I saw the replays, and Pollard launched leading with the crown of his helmet. Ridley ducked his head as a defensive instinct, otherwise he probably would have been hit in the jaw or throat by the top of Pollard's helmet. I have seen flags and fines for much more dubious h-h contact.

Originally Posted by x129

You might want to look at the video again. Pollack wouldn't have been close to hitting the throat or jaw. And launching is a bit of stretch. Now if it was worth it for Pollack to deliver the head butt or not is hard to say. Maybe he felt that Pollack would have put a helmet on the ball. Or probably the likely result is that he just reacted in the .1th of second and what happened happened.

"Launching" isn't a bit of a stretch, it's an enormous stretch.  He was "breaking down" (I haven't played football in a long time, I don't remember if that's the right terminology ... but he was actually slowing down getting ready to react to a cut) to make a tackle.  Ridley brought the lions share of the force to that collision.

Side note:  He (Pollard) gets a lot of flack for having injured a few Patriots in the last few years with dirty play.  I've seen all the replays and I just don't see it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Side note:  He (Pollard) gets a lot of flack for having injured a few Patriots in the last few years with dirty play.  I've seen all the replays and I just don't see it.

I don't think Pollard gets flak for injuring Patriots by being dirty. The Brady hit wasn't dirty based on the way they called QB hits at the time, he never actually touched Welker, and the tackle on Gronk that injured his ankle was a fluke, not malicious. I think people just remarked at the irony of one guy injuring three (now four) key players.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

[quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/63975/2013-nfl-playoffs/120#post_801849"

[/quote]

I don't think Pollard gets flak for injuring Patriots by being dirty. The Brady hit wasn't dirty based on the way they called QB hits at the time, he never actually touched Welker, and the tackle on Gronk that injured his ankle was a fluke, not malicious. I think people just remarked at the irony of one guy injuring three (now four) key players.

it's all about being in the right place at the right time

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Fair enough ... I guess I just read too much Bill Simmons ;)

P.S.  Holy Crap Jetfan, I had not seen that bad lip reading video yet ... f-ing hilarious!!!!  (The Key and Peele one is funny too but I had seen that) :)

Thanks for the laughs!

The Key and Peele one is a few months old but I still laugh every time. And it's a travesty that we do not yet have a member named "X-Wing @Aliciousness," "EEEE EEEEEEEEE," or "The Player Formerly Known as Mousecop." [quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/63975/2013-nfl-playoffs/120_30#post_802002"]Fair enough ... I guess I just read too much Bill Simmons ;) [/quote] Don't get me wrong, I'm still scared shitless every time Bernard Karmell Pollard takes the field. And I've yet to listen to Monday's podcast with Cousin Sal because I'm still in mourning.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

The Key and Peele one is a few months old but I still laugh every time. And it's a travesty that we do not yet have a member named "X-Wing @Aliciousness," "EEEE EEEEEEEEE," or "The Player Formerly Known as Mousecop."

I agree. My only criticism of that video is that none of those players said they were from "the U."

Constantine

"Dan Smith, BYU"

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Note: This thread is 4082 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!