IGNORED

About those TRUE shoes...

Note: This thread is 3785 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

There was nothing technically "wrong" with my old shoes, per se, so I didn't really have an excuse to buy new ones.  Then with that tournament a couple of weeks ago I won $175 in gift certificates to Golf galaxy, and they just so happened to have the protos.  I'd like to get a white pair also but, unfortunately, the only white protos they have are the ones with green accents.  I'd prefer to stick with the grey and red accents because they don't quite stand out as much.

I still have $75 credit at GG and just peeked to see what else they have.  Only brown PHX in my size.  They have the grey/white/red Sensei but no skis (size 13). ;)

These are the most expensive golf shoes I've bought yet, so I'd like to make them last.  What do you guys do to keep them clean?

Nice, I actually like the white and green ones as well.   I would like to get a pair of black sensei shoes as well for at work eventually.  I have been wondering about keeping them clean as well so maybe someone can let us know?  Also does anyone treat the leather or anything like that for longevity?

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by cipher

I have been wondering about keeping them clean as well so maybe someone can let us know?  Also does anyone treat the leather or anything like that for longevity?

I bought one of these shoe cleaning kits earlier this Summer for the exact reason... To try and make my golf shoes last longer.

Since I picked up this quick clean kit, I've been using it to wipe down my white Protos up before every round.  They look brand new - and I've played dozens of rounds in them.  I'd highly recommend the Quick Care kit, or something like it to ensure you're getting the most out of your True's.

http://quickcareproducts.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath;=1

I bought one of these shoe cleaning kits earlier this Summer for the exact reason... To try and make my golf shoes last longer. Since I picked up this quick clean kit, I've been using it to wipe down my white Protos up before every round.  They look brand new - and I've played dozens of rounds in them.  I'd highly recommend the Quick Care kit, or something like it to ensure you're getting the most out of your True's. [URL=http://quickcareproducts.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath;=1]http://quickcareproducts.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath;=1[/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/80079/] [/URL]

Nice, thanks!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Saddle Soap, for leather shoes its a must. It will clean and moisturize the shoes.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 3 months later...

I have a slight bit of separation starting to happen in the joint between the the sole and the uppers. So far no water penetration so it may just be cosmetic but has anyone else experienced this? If I think of it I'll post a pic but I imagine y'all get what I'm saying.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I have a slight bit of separation starting to happen in the joint between the the sole and the uppers. So far no water penetration so it may just be cosmetic but has anyone else experienced this? If I think of it I'll post a pic but I imagine y'all get what I'm saying.

Call True CS, take a smartphone pic, and send it.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Call True CS, take a smartphone pic, and send it.

Yeah, I'm thinking of going that route but at the same time if it's just cosmetic I don't really care but I suppose it'll just get worse (or is that worst?).

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

How new are yours?  My original ones did that(they leaked as well), but my protos have been fine so far.

Nate

How new are yours?  My original ones did that(they leaked as well), but my protos have been fine so far.

One season. They are True Tours  believe, I only paid $40 but I'd like them to last as I love them!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

One season. They are True Tours  believe, I only paid $40 but I'd like them to last as I love them!

2 yr warranty - so I'd pick up on it if you have separation.

I think this was an early issue with the Tours/Stealths .... so I'd call.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

2 yr warranty - so I'd pick up on it if you have separation. I think this was an early issue with the Tours/Stealths .... so I'd call.

Pretty sure I don't have the receipt. I'll send a email just for shits'n'giggles.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Pretty sure I don't have the receipt. I'll send a email just for shits'n'giggles.

Hey, maybe they'll do a 2 for 1 deal!

Oh, that's right .... they are having a 2 for 1 deal!

rymowins13

Hey, maybe they'll do a 2 for 1 deal!

Oh, that's right .... they are having a 2 for 1 deal!

rymowins13

It's a great deal, just ordered the True Chukka and Rebel High for $159 delivered.

Joe Paradiso

• 1 month later...
I have a slight bit of separation starting to happen in the joint between the sole and the uppers. So far no water penetration so it may just be cosmetic but has anyone else experienced this? If I think of it I'll post a pic but I imagine y'all get what I'm saying.

So I thought I'd follow up on this. I spoke with JD at TRUEs' customer service and all I can say is their customer service is A1. We exchanged 2-3 emails and I pick up my new pair today at Golftown. He even told me that if I have any hassles at Golftown, which I didn't, to email him and he would take care of it. Really great company!

Here's some pics of what I was dealing with, so if anyone else has this issue...

Yours in earnest, Jason.

:dance: Pure (or should I say True) as the driven snow! :dance:

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 3785 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!