IGNORED

2013 Hyundai TOC Discussion Thread

Golfingdad
Note: This thread is 4095 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Since Mike is apparently still on another planet (That's what Erik said regarding the Adidas shoes) and he's the one who usually starts these things, I figured I'd step in here.

The 2013 PGA Tour season is starting today folks!!!!!!!!!

Here is the field for the Tournament of Champions (tee times local):

1 10:35 AM Rickie Fowler Jason Dufner
2 10:45 AM Matt Kuchar Webb Simpson
3 10:55 AM Keegan Bradley John Huh
4 11:05 AM Ian Poulter Jonas Blixt
5 11:15 AM Marc Leishman Ted Potter, Jr.
6 11:25 AM Kyle Stanley Scott Stallings
7 11:35 AM George McNeill Ryan Moore
8 11:45 AM Ben Curtis Mark Wilson
9 11:55 AM Johnson Wagner J.J. Henry
10 12:05 PM Carl Pettersson Scott Piercy
11 12:15 PM Zach Johnson Hunter Mahan
12 12:25 PM Charlie Beljan Tommy Gainey
13 12:35 PM Bill Haas Nick Watney
14 12:45 PM Bubba Watson Dustin Johnson
15 12:55 PM Brandt Snedeker Steve Stricker

Our first chance to see some guys with their new gear and duds.  We can also start the "who's gonna be the first anchor guy to go conventional in a tournament" watch.  We are missing a few big names though, that's pretty typical I believe.

Just as a wild guess, I'm going to put my money on Ryan Moore this week.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One word about the conditions these pros are playing in today: nasty. We're going to see a Plantation Course far tougher than what we've seen in recent years of this tournament.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Wow, tough conditions, I love watching play like this. It will take a player at his best to score well.

And just seeing Dufner take an unplayable from the bunker. I can't think of seeing that in a while.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

And now another suspension in play, but should be quick. This weather is absolutely crazy.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

Originally Posted by preisman

And now another suspension in play, but should be quick. This weather is absolutely crazy.

Obviously not quick as they've written off the day....oh well, more golf to watch this weekend ;)

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Interesting they clean swept the scores, I was quite looking forward to watching it today.  But the weather doesn't look much if any better tomorrow.  Will be interesting what they will do if the problem re-occurs again tomorrow.  Sucks for Webb Simpson who was playing great golf but on the flip side great for Scott Stallings at +7.

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

Damn, they swept the scores. I guess it is fair, but tomorrow looks like crap weather again. I really enjoyed watching, and wished I was out there to have fun. Oh well.

By the way, my avatar is the model that was the tee box last year at this event. I liked that so much I went out and found one for myself. I am not a Hyundai fan, I am a collector of diecast cars. It was cool to have something that brings golf and diecasts together.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Why did they whipe the scores? I've never seen/heard if a tournament doing this?

According to TGC, it's happened 4 times before iirc.

Works for me, I didn't have Simpson on my fantasy roster.

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

The wind and rain was like a hurricane.  Balls were rolling down the greens after stopping initially from the wind and rain pelting it.  Guys were hitting drivers into the wind and having the ball fall out of the air at 200 yards.  I didn't hear the decision but my guess is they felt the conditions were so poor that it would be unfair for those who had gotten out early and posted scores to compete against those that got to play in better conditions.

Joe Paradiso

I was looking forward to watching beautiful Maui golf while we have 8" of snow on the ground here.  But the weather was nasty.  It would stink if you were in Maui and the weather was this bad.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Since Mike is apparently still on another planet (That's what Erik said regarding the Adidas shoes) and he's the one who usually starts these things, I figured I'd step in here.

What are you talking about?  I knew all along they were going to cancel the first round.  Slugger White gave me a call and said not to start the thread until today

http://www.pgatour.com/tourreport/2013/01/04/round-1-to-start-over-saturday.html

Quote:

Although it's unusual that exisiting scores are being wiped out, it's not unprecedented. White recalled at least three tournaments in which poor conditions forced a re-start to a round.

"It doesn't happen very often," White said.

Prior to Friday, the last time the TOUR declared "play null and void" and restarted a round came at THE PLAYERS Championship in 2005 (second round).

The last time a round was suspended on the PGA TOUR due to wind came at the 2012 AT&T; National (start of round delayed due to overnight wind damage). The third round of the 2012 Humana Challenge was also delayed due to wind.

In making Friday's decision, White said he took input from players, including one who told him that he couldn't even see his ball to putt.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Weather in the islands is brutal this weekend.  It's been raining nearly nonstop on the east side of Oahu for over a week, but the winds are really picking up this weekend.  High wind advisory across the islands, but Maui may be getting the worst of it.  We're supposed to be getting gusts near 50MPH on Oahu today.

Hawaii winter weather can be pretty drab: lots of rain, hazy/foggy, and winds.  I feel bad for those who save up for a Hawaii vacation and come here in December/January to save money, only to lose the weather lottery.  It's not Detroit, but winter in Hawaii isn't always a tropical paradise either.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

So will Kuchar be fined by his sponsor for not wearing his cap in this wind?

Cart Bag   910 D2 Driver 10.5*, F10 Hybrid 19*, AP2 712 Irons 3-W  56* and 60*

Custom Shop Junk Yard Dog - Laguna 2

Originally Posted by roperdad

So will Kuchar be fined by his sponsor for not wearing his cap in this wind?

I don't know but Poulter just literally lost his hat lol

Edit: It was actually a spectator's hats

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 4095 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!