IGNORED

Which Wedge Do You Use Most Often?

Note: This thread is 5722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which Wedge Do You Use Most Often?

• Pitching Wedge
    • Gap Wedge
    • Sand Wedge
    • Lob Wedge
    • Other

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i first got my 60 Degree wedge i used it for every chip or pitch, then i thought.. If i have 15 feet of green to work with then why use my 60 degree? Now i use my 60 degree and my pitching wedge equally, but unfortunatly have only chipped in once this year :(
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

60* LW... mainly because my approach shots miss the green by a little bit lol

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

I find myself using my 60 a lot. Mostly because i'm in bad spots so often. I've been experimenting with lower lofted clubs for greenside chipping though.

In my bag:
hawkeye VFT 3 & 5 woods
MX-23 3-pw
MP-T 54*, 58*Newport TeI3/anser

• 3 weeks later...
I use my SW the most by far, mainly because I don't have a LW. I've become extremly handi in maniuplating the distance in which I can hit it. I can take a full swing and hit it 80 or so yards, or take a full swing choked down and pop it up 15 yards, its an old club, but I like it. I also carry a 50 degree gap, and a pitching wedge, althouh I'll drop one when I add a LW, hopefully a vokey :)

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

252/08 stock Vokey bent upright to my iron specs.

2nd?

60*/08 that is modified to 58*/06 because...

Titleist don't care about lefties since Phil left the company and Eric Axley ain't good enough to demand a 60/4 as a standard wedge choice for the LH fraternity.

Yet I'm totally and forever loyal to Titleist...or Ping...or Wilson...or TaylorMade...or any clubmaker that has furnished a Lefty Pro Golfer with equipment.

Short answer? 52 Vokey. Long? Ping Eye2 PW.

LOL

I use a 10+ years-old Wilson pitching wedge I got second-hand from a friend.
It's the most versatile club for me for the short game 110 yards or less.

In my Bag-Boy NXO Revolver cart bag:
Driver: 909D2 9.5, UST Proforce V2 x-stiff
Wood: Burner '09 3-Wood
Hybrid: H585 3-Hybrid, stiff steel shaft
3-PW: : MP-57 4-PW, Rifle Project X 6.0Wedge: Solus 51, 56, 61Putter: White Hot XG Teron 34"Ball: ProV1x "Practice"

Lob wedge, rimmed out three chips today with it. Blame me not the club

In the bag:

Driver: F-Speed 12*
3 Wood: r7 draw
5 Wood: F-SpeedHybrid: a3 boxerIrons: Ignite 4-PWWedges: 53 Phil Rogers, vokey 56, 588 60Putter: Victoria or Puku belly

I have 3 Taylormade wedges, 48 degree (PW), 54 degree (PW), and a 58 degree. I primarily use my SW. If you can use a sand wedge from anywhere around the green then it really expands your flexibility with all wedges.

• 2 weeks later...
56* is my main wedge followed by my 52* then 60*
HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

As the season has worn on, I have started using my SW for much of my greenside work. I bought it just last February, and it took me a few months of practicing and playing with it to get the right feel for it, but now I prefer it to any of my other wedges for most of my chipping and pitching. My vote in the poll was for the GW, and I can't take it back now.

My PW and GW are still part of the arsenal, but they are now relegated to the longer shots, 40 yards and longer. Close in it is almost exclusively the Cleveland 56° SW.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use my sand wedge (56 deg CG10) and it shows with lots of wear :D
Just found how to use it in a variety of situations the best and have the most confidence with it
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

Anything inside 50 yards is lob wedge for lofted shots and I'll chip with anything from LW to 7-iron. Out of the sand I'll use anything from PW to LW depending on the condition of the sand and how much green I've got to work with.

To be perfectly honest I avoid wedges at almost all costs.

I'm much better with my 9 iron for whatever reason, but when I do need a wedge I use the PW or LW at almost the same frequency.

My bag:
Irons: Rac OS2
Driver:
Putter: STX Sync 9740
Balls: One Black Pro V1 HX Tour

Note: This thread is 5722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!