IGNORED

Which Wedge Do You Use Most Often?

Note: This thread is 5694 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which Wedge Do You Use Most Often?

• Pitching Wedge
    • Gap Wedge
    • Sand Wedge
    • Lob Wedge
    • Other

I definitely use my 56 the most. I use it for bump and runs, low hopper and stoppers, higher soft landing shots etc. The only problem i am finding at the mo is that with 14 degrees of bounce it can be a little difficult to use. May be treating myself to a new one very soon with less bounce.

Driver - 905r 9.5* with UST Proforce VT Stiff
3 Wood - SQ 3+ 13* with Grafallloy prolaunch blue Stiff
5 Wood - SQ 5* 19 with Aldila NV65 stiff
Irons - MP 67 3 + 5-PW 2deg Up + 1/2" with DG S300 shaft.
Wedges - SV 52/10 with true temper s400 BV Spin Milled 56/10 Wedge Flex BV Spin Milled 60/04...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With out a doubt my 60 Degree wedge. I use it for every shot from 115 yards in.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

Dont have a Gap or Lob, my sand is my 56 deg. I use that the most, 85 yards in, chipping, pitching, laying up.
In the Bag:
Driver:Exotics XLD 10.5° Standard-Flex
Woods: Acuity Turbo Max
Hybrids: Acuity Turbo Max
Irons: Acuity Turbo MaxWedges: Acuity Turbo MaxPutter: X3 Double Milled 1200Shoes: Walter Hagen Tour StopGlove: Walter Hagen CadetBall:Tiger Shark Attack Life 4 - Distance
WeeT's "home...

I go with sandwedge. I'm just tossing it at the pin and depending on the type of shot it stops within 3 feet (back, forwards, side to side). Also now that I'm playing better courses with faster greens, these new Y-cutter grooves really help checking up with the short shots.
In My Bag:
Driver: r580XD R flex
3 Wood: Mac Burrows 13*
Irons: Apex 2 iron
Irons: Edge 3-E ('89-92)Wedge: rac TP Satin 56*12Wedge: rac TP Black 60*06Putter: CER Milled CP03 (GolfWorks custom head)Ball: Pro V1 or any other found premimum ball

It used to always be my LW.

But since had my SW grinded down, i have been able to used it more and more often.

I still love the LW flop. but as a utility, i'd have to favour my SW.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

Got to be the 52 for me, my money wedge. Exclusive for me inside 115.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I voted Sand because I can do mostly everything with it but the more I thought the more I realized I use my 48* PW more. 110 yds in its always a cut bumper PW and even bump and run PW's are killer too!
G5,9
F-50,13.5
MP33(2-9)
SM,54.11MP-T,60.05Anser 2

I cannot hit my 60* for the life of me... I would say about 75% of the time i just end up chopping my hit with it. So i usually opt for the PW and open my stance up to get the correct angle on the club.

Bad habit?

56* sand wedge. i just feel more comfortable with it

in my cart bag
Driver: Hi-Bore XL
Hybrids: Md 1i, 3i, 4i
Irons: Rac OS2 5-PW
Wedges: 52* 56* 60* Putter:

Sand Wedge its the mother of all wedges

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

I use my 55° CG11 most of the time because I'm very comfortable with it. Which means it's my favorite wedge in my bag.

In my Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 10.5° Fujikura RE/AX 60 D3 RF Graphite

3-Wood: TaylorMade r7 Ti 15° Fujikura RE/AX 60 D2 RF Graphite

3-Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 21° Callaway H/600 D2 RF Graphite

4-Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 24° Callaway H/600 D2 RF Graphite

5-9: TaylorMade RAC OS2 27° to 42° T-Step D3 RF Steel

PW: TaylorMade RAC OS2 27° to 42° T-Step D4 RF Steel

AW: TaylorMade RAC Satin 50°, 6° Bounce WF Steel

SW: TaylorMade RAC Satin 54°, 10° Bounce WF Steel

LW: TaylorMade RAC Satin 58°, 8° Bounce WF Steel

P: TaylorMade Rossa Daytona1 AGSI®+ 32” Blade

I use both 56* and 60* about the same depending on the situation. I like my 60 from 40-60 yards to throw it back and spin it, and like my 56 closer in to get a couple of skips and then some spin on it. Also working on using a 9 iron closer around the greens to bump and run better.

In the Bag:
Driver 907 D2, 8.5*, Accuflex x-stiff
3 Wood 904F 15*, Accuflex V2, x-stiff
Hybrid 585H, 19*, Aldila NV 85S
Irons MP 57's, + 1", 1* up, Project X 5.5Wedges Titleist Spin Milled 56* and 60*, oil can, +1/2", 1* upPutter :Scotty Cameron: Newport 2Ball ProV1Bag: OGIO Gromwww.quail...

58*

Callaway C-Grind, 10 degrees bounce.

Medium to high height chips. Flops. Any green-side bunker shot. Approach shots inside 85 yards.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

my 54 and 58 vokeys
i can do anything with them.

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

Note: This thread is 5694 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!