IGNORED

Which Wedge Do You Use Most Often?

Note: This thread is 5717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which Wedge Do You Use Most Often?

• Pitching Wedge
    • Gap Wedge
    • Sand Wedge
    • Lob Wedge
    • Other

Pitch - 48*
Sand - 56*
Lob - 60*

I've come to rely on my 56* for the 75-100 yards.
iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have all 4 and use them all depending on the type of shot I'm faced with. In terms of my chipping I use my GW for the bump and runs, where I know what the fringe will do. If I'm in thicker rough or have an uphill lie (like in the grassy face of a bunker) I'll use my SW. If I need to clear the rough and land it on the green I'll hit my LW.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

the king of my bag is the GW. I carry a lob but (as my coach say) it is in the bag just to look cool.

driver: FT-i
woods: x-woods 5
hybrid: 585H 24°
irons: AP2 4-PW
wedges: X- tour 52° 56° 60°putter: kastern B60balls: tours ix or pro v1x

Ram FXII 56* because I use it for chipping, but my 60* i'm beginning to use more often.

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

Other... where the heck is the flop wedge choice???

Things I Am Good at in Golf

- Hitting it in the drink
- Finding the rough with my drive
- Staying in the bunker- Hitting grassburners all the way to the hole- Three putting- Posting over par on 18 in only 9 holes- Swinging and missing with an iron

i have a question, when u are about 5-15ft away from the green what do u use? i use my pitching wedge, guess ive never really tried my sand wedge and those are the only two i have.

Its not always how you drive the ball, but how it arrives.

5-15 yards you mean? I personally like my sand, but that's because I play on faster greens... for me a 60* is only when I have very little green to work with.

I used to use a PW when I first played back when I was 10-12 but that is because I didn't have a sand wedge. I use my SW (aka 56*) now because I am very consistent with it and I have confidence in it. It is also good to know how high your going to get it and how much it's going to roll.

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

well i got out in the yard just now and practiced with them both, and i did a lot better with my pitching wedge, but my problem is that sometimes i get it up and sometimes i hit a roller across the ground, i guess i just need to practice more?

Its not always how you drive the ball, but how it arrives.

I have an AP2 gap wedge (51 deg), TM Rac TP Black sand wedge (56 deg) and TM Rac TP Black lob wedge (60 deg).

I use the SW for most shots 105 yard and in unless I need a full swing lob shot from 80 yards to a close pin. Chip shots are usually the SW unless there's a hazard and close pin, then I use the LW. I can actually hit a low runner with my gap wedge by playing the ball back on my right foot and slightly closing the clubface. I use it when the situation warrants and get some check to stop the bounce and good amount of roll

In my BagBoy Clip-Lok bag:

Driver: Titleist 909 D2
3 Wood: Callaway X tour (alternates with 2H hybrid depending on the course)
Hybrid: Titleist 909H 21 degreeIrons: Titleist AP2 4-PW, PX 5.5 flighted shaftWedges: Titleist Spin Milled 52 degree, Taylor Made Rac Black TP 56 and 60 deg.Putter:...

64* on anything inside of 75 yds

very rare for me to even consider a different club within 10yds of the green surface

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

PW (48°) - 130 to 100
GW (52°) - 90 to 110
SW (56°) - 100 and under.

Use SW for most lob shots around green or pitches unless conditions require low trajectory. Around fringes it's a 7-iron putt unless over a trap or similar.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I carry 4 wedges that cover from 100-150 yards. I guess I actually use the sand wedge the most because besides the usual sand play, I also chip with it.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

I currently only have a Pitching Wedge, so it gets just about all of my shortgame shots. I do pretty well with it, but i look forward to getting a sand and a lpb to give me more control over distances and range.

In the bag:
Driver: Slazenger Wrath
3-Wood: Slazenger Wrath
Irons: Slazenger Wrath
PW: Slazenger WrathSW: None yetLW: None yetPutter: Slazenger WrathBall: Slazenger Raw(yes, it was a package)

• 2 weeks later...
56º from 100-105 I'm ridiculously accurate. I feel better from 102 than 50 or less.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Note: This thread is 5717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!