IGNORED

Which Wedge Do You Use Most Often?

Note: This thread is 4644 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which Wedge Do You Use Most Often?

• Pitching Wedge
    • Gap Wedge
    • Sand Wedge
    • Lob Wedge
    • Other

I use my lob wedge for anything under 100 yards unless it's a chip shot or a sand shot, which I don't get into much for some reason. I can pull off a pretty nice flop shot if need be. Love the ol' lob wedge!

Take care,
Ryan

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im a sand wedge kind of guy, use it for about anything unless its a full swing 60. ill use the 60 occasuionally, but my grandpa has taught me how to manipulate my hand and open the face on certain shots so i just use the sand. plus its a sweet cleveland 588 56 that i got for free so i cant complain. oh and for anyone who said they mishit the non cavity back wedges, dont try to stretch the distances. I really only hit it harder if i want a little more bite on it.

I use the wedge that I feel is best for the shot I'm facing at the time. As it turns out, I use the PW and the GW about equally. The PW is my 110-120 yard full club, and the GW is my 95 to 105 (although I use it down to about 70 yards, but then I have to take something off, or play a cut).

For greenside (anything inside of 70 yards), I use what the situation dictates. I pitch with the club that seems to be the best choice, but that is dictated by the lie and the pin location. Close in, I prefer to play a chip that gets on the green then rolls, so a 60° LW is usually my last choice. I haven't even put mine in my bag yet this year... it pines away in the garage. My main chipping clubs are the 50° GW and 45° PW, with an occasional lie requiring my 25° hybrid.

I use my 56° SW for bunkers almost exclusively.... only rarely using it for a lob over a tree or bush or bunker.

Edit: Just for grins I decided to put my 60° LW back in my bag today... see if I can still use it. I'm going out later for a bit of practice and a quick 9 holes, so we shall see what happens.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Interesting comments. I love my 52 mizuno, but when i'm 70-80 in and give it a pretty full swing, I'm short. I have been contemplating getting a 48 and use 3/4 PW (45 d) in place sometimes. 56 is my SW.
PW
any suggestions out there..?

• 2 weeks later...
I carry three wedges right now, a 48-54-60, and am thinking about taking out the 54 and adding a 52 and a 56. The wedge I use the most around the green is the sand wedge (either 54 or 56). Also like the lob wedge for short bunker shots and for short pins, but use the sand wedge the majority of the time.

Just picked up a Snake Eyes 60 degree & went to a small par 3 with it just to practice that 1 club. So far I like it & definitely think it will see more use than my gap wedge.

I use my 59° almost exclusively from about 80-90 yards in, and for 95% of all chipping around the green. Unless I have to keep the trajectory down due to being under a tree branch or something......not that I'm ever in the trees

Note: This thread is 4644 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!