IGNORED

Which Wedge Do You Use Most Often?

Note: This thread is 5695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which Wedge Do You Use Most Often?

• Pitching Wedge
    • Gap Wedge
    • Sand Wedge
    • Lob Wedge
    • Other

I use my lob wedge for anything under 100 yards unless it's a chip shot or a sand shot, which I don't get into much for some reason. I can pull off a pretty nice flop shot if need be. Love the ol' lob wedge!

Take care,
Ryan
ogio.gif Vision SS Bag:
cleveland.gif Launcher DST 10.5*  taylormade.gif R9 16.5* 4W
taylormade.gif Rescue Dual 19*  taylormade.gif Burner 2.0 4-PW
vokey.gif 250.08, Spin Milled 54.10, and 58.08
yesgolf.gif Callie  bridgestone.gif B330

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im a sand wedge kind of guy, use it for about anything unless its a full swing 60. ill use the 60 occasuionally, but my grandpa has taught me how to manipulate my hand and open the face on certain shots so i just use the sand. plus its a sweet cleveland 588 56 that i got for free so i cant complain. oh and for anyone who said they mishit the non cavity back wedges, dont try to stretch the distances. I really only hit it harder if i want a little more bite on it.
What's In My Custom Bagboy Fleicshmans Bag:
Driver: Hibore with Aldila NV 65
Irons: CG2 Irons 3-PW
Wedges: 56 degree Reg.588 Tour Action Chrome Finish, 60 degree Vokey Design, vokey design 52*
Putter: milled series #3Hybrid: Rescue Mid 25 degree3 Wood: War HawkGolf Balls: Serious Play ...

I like using my gap the most out of my wedges, just because I mainly use my lob and sand to flop and other high loft shots. For chipping my most used club is probably my 9-iron though.

In My Bag :

Driver : HiBore XL
3 Wood : Launcher Gold
Hybrid : 3i Halo 22*Irons : CG4 4-PWWedges : 588 DSG RTG 52* CG11 56* / 60*Putter : GM Exchange2 #4Ball : Z-URS

Probably my most versatile club ... GW (Cleveland CG10 50 deg). Added this to my bag when I first started playing and have owned one ever since.
In my Sun Mountain Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade R7 SuperQuad 10.5°
3 wood: TaylorMade R7 Steel
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 2i(18*), 3i(20*)Irons: Titleist Ap2Wedges: Titleist Vokey 50* Oil Can & 54* SMPutter: Odyssey Black Series #1 / Ping Piper I-Series

58* for sand, flops, chips and 90-75 yards.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I use the wedge that I feel is best for the shot I'm facing at the time. As it turns out, I use the PW and the GW about equally. The PW is my 110-120 yard full club, and the GW is my 95 to 105 (although I use it down to about 70 yards, but then I have to take something off, or play a cut).

For greenside (anything inside of 70 yards), I use what the situation dictates. I pitch with the club that seems to be the best choice, but that is dictated by the lie and the pin location. Close in, I prefer to play a chip that gets on the green then rolls, so a 60° LW is usually my last choice. I haven't even put mine in my bag yet this year... it pines away in the garage. My main chipping clubs are the 50° GW and 45° PW, with an occasional lie requiring my 25° hybrid.

I use my 56° SW for bunkers almost exclusively.... only rarely using it for a lob over a tree or bush or bunker.

Edit: Just for grins I decided to put my 60° LW back in my bag today... see if I can still use it. I'm going out later for a bit of practice and a quick 9 holes, so we shall see what happens.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

PW for me. I have a 56 SW and 52 GW and I hit both at 100yds. Can't seem to get the GW for fill the gap!
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I use a 60 degree lob wedge for 90% of my short game. I play on very fast and hard greens though.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Interesting comments. I love my 52 mizuno, but when i'm 70-80 in and give it a pretty full swing, I'm short. I have been contemplating getting a 48 and use 3/4 PW (45 d) in place sometimes. 56 is my SW.
PW
any suggestions out there..?

In the bag-
driver: Ping G5
irons: Callaway X-20 4-PW
Woods: none
Hybrid- Ping Rapture /18 and 21wedges: Mizuno -t series 51/56/60 putter: Titlesit SC ball: V1/HX Hot/HX 56

I hit the 58' Vokey from 20-50 yards out.
Otherwise if im within 20 i usually use a 9 iron.

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

• 2 weeks later...
PW.. but latley id say SW.. looking into getting a LW.. but i dont know if i really need one
Whats in my bag?
Bag: Terrafirma X Tour Edition Stand Bag
Driver#1 - FT-i 10
Driver#2 - FT-5 10
Irons (5-SW): Fusion Wide Sole Graphite RegularHybrid Fusion #4 HybridWood Fusion #3 & #5 Fairway WoodPutter: White Hot XG 2 ball Tour EditionCurrent Balls: D2 & HX Hot & Tour 56

I carry three wedges right now, a 48-54-60, and am thinking about taking out the 54 and adding a 52 and a 56. The wedge I use the most around the green is the sand wedge (either 54 or 56). Also like the lob wedge for short bunker shots and for short pins, but use the sand wedge the majority of the time.

Driver: Taylor Made  Rocketballz Stage 2
3 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
4 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
Hybrids: Cleveland 20 and 23.5 degree
Irons: Mizuno MP57 5-7, Mizuno MP62 8-9 Wedges: Mizuno MP62 Pitching Wedge, 49 degree,  Titleist Vokey SM4  55.13 (bent from 56.14) Sand Wedge, Titleist Vokey SM4 60.10 Lob wedge

Just picked up a Snake Eyes 60 degree & went to a small par 3 with it just to practice that 1 club. So far I like it & definitely think it will see more use than my gap wedge.

If I have to spin the ball or have short sided myself I'll use the sand wedge. If I have an uphill chip or more green to work with I'll use my gap wedge.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

54 degree all the time, I get spin with it and I can get it close 9/10 times. Sometimes I opt for a pitching wedge but I'm not as accurate with that so it's rarely used.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

I use my 59° almost exclusively from about 80-90 yards in, and for 95% of all chipping around the green. Unless I have to keep the trajectory down due to being under a tree branch or something......not that I'm ever in the trees

Driver: Hibore XL Tour 9.5° Graman Limey
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotics CB1 15°
Hybrid:
FT-hybrid 4H
Irons: RAC Tp combos 4-pw
Wedges:
RTG 53° & Dsg 58° Putter: CallieBall: ProV1x

i use my 60 deg. vokey alot

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

Note: This thread is 5695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!