• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2018 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    More to come…
    • Don't purchase a new, or used, driver until you've shopped Driver Loft!  Our expert sales staff, and proprietary fitting technology, make a visit to our store a hole in one for any golfer in search of distance, accuracy, and competitive pricing.  Driver Loft:  Upstairs and Out of Sight.
    • This is truth right here. I made this mistake a few times in my younger days before i finally learned.  (Slim to none, and Slim just left the building)
    • 10.5 deg loft, UST ProForce V2 shaft, R flex
    • I tell this to anyone who is hitting a particular club really well...don't jack with it!  Seriously, if you have a club that you hit long and straight, don't change it, modify it or replace it.  The chances of you improving on a club that you hit that well is slim. It sounds like you still have your original driver, correct?  If that is the case, I recommend putting it back in the bag rather than try to find a shaft/head combination that you can hit as well, and put your money into a set of irons that you can hit.  I'm not trying to sound sarcastic, so please don't take it like that.  I'm being 100% sincere on this.  If you hit your iDrive really good, leave it in the bag and work on finding a set of irons that fits you better than your current set.
    • Hi everyone,  First time here posting a thread, loving reading prior to this but never participated, but now i desperately need people help lol. Ill start at the beginning. Im 28 and have been playing 15 months and am currently handicap 12.7.  I started playing with a friend old beaten up idrive 12° driver aldilia vx reg shaft, and man i could bomb that driver, apart from pros i could outdrive anyone and exceptionally accurately too, were talking landing on greens on par 4's (all the while not being able to hit a single iron haha). But as christmas came around and i was getting better i thought it would special for my partner to buy me a replacment for my boom stick. So i looked around and got my heart set on the wilson fg tour f5 driver, the thing just looked gorgeous to me. Now due to the distance i was getting with the idrive, perhaps stupidly got it with the stiff shaft(50 gram fubuki z), that was my first mistake, turns out i have a swing speed of 90-96mph and couldnt hit the damn thing. So a couple of months later a friend gave me a aldilia nvs 65 lite tm-3, lovely looking shaft and looks fantastic with the wilson head, the complements i get on the looks sometimes makes me giddy. However no matter how i hit the club (centre face, nice controlled swing) or how high or low(i prefer low, the red shortees if everyones familiar) the peak of my ball flight is about 5- 10 yards off the grounds, for a little while i thought i was closing down the face, but this isnt the case no matter what i seem to do the ball just wont get up. So ive been looking at info online and on ebay and read the nvs has a low kick point whereas the fubuki z has a high point, and bearing in mind i feel the wilson head is quite heavy, very heavy against say a tm rbz, i was wondering if this is where my problems are coming from? As im hitting the ball with a heavy head is it flexing too much? See, i dont mind spending the money on a 3rd shaft (fubuki z 50 reg) if its going to solve the problem, but this isnt the case and i do, then ive wasted stupid money just to end up getting rid of the thing and probably going for a cobra f6.... Please any insight from people who know what they're talking about would be soo appreciated, and i would certainly owe u a drink. Oh, and should mention due the the low ball flight i use the 0g weight and my old driver being set quite high, i set it at 11.5 deg the next setting up would be 12.5 deg and i just feel that would be ridiculous. Please no tee suggestions, if the tee exists ive tried it. Thank you very much in advance
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Bangarang
      Bangarang
      (31 years old)
    2. Mjrowe1
      Mjrowe1
      (35 years old)
    3. Shooting29
      Shooting29
      (37 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...