PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    Frogger Golf
    PitchFix USA
    • I've been Playing Golf for: 9 years
      My current handicap index or average score is: 21
      My typical ball flight is: I wish there was typical? My usual miss is either a very strong pull or a weak push. I am hitting a 7 iron, it typically flies 155ish and when I pull it goes 170 and when I push it goes 140
      The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: I'd love a consistent miss rather than being all over the place I bit more: I started playing 9 years ago, played a decent amount until having kids and was "ok" in that I'd shoot high 80s regularly and my handicap was 16. Barely played after having 2 kids quickly and then last spring got back to swinging and playing more and now I find myself with the time to be able to concentrate fully. I want to build a good swing from the ground up, so I'm willing to start with the most basic of things to get to a good repeatable swing. I plan on creating an evovlr account soon and going that route, but I want a place to publicly document my progression and to hear what others have to say. Sorry that this angle isn't the best, I plan on going to a different range this week to get a better DTL view and a good face on. Please be brutally honest, I can take it.  Videos:   
    • Your approach to a shot like this totally depends on the type of course you are playing. Here in Southern California, a lot of our grass is kikiyu, which is not nearly as friendly to "bump and run" type plays as the harder links style courses in Europe. The grass is softer, hairier and has a greater tendency to "grab" or kick balls off line. Most of the time, I'll play my pitches or chips to land on the green, even if I have to flight the ball a bit higher. Which of course, works better with a premium ball. That being said, I do agree with your general premise. The impact of the ball on most amateurs' final scores is minimal at best. A good ball striking day with a Pinnacle is going to be much better than a mediocre day with a Pro-V. I really don't think the ROI is there for amateur golfers to spend $40+ on a dozen golf balls, but hey, who am I to tell people how to spend their money? 
    • This is pretty much spot on for my situations.   Agree, and probably not necessary to have a high spin ball, but anything helps even if only "mental".   Same here. If my putting were one of my strengths, I think I'd do the bump and run a lot more, but it currently is not.
    • I achieved this in our men's club tournament this weekend. I had 3 birdies, all of which came on par 5's and no doubles on any other holes.   Even with a relatively solid / penalty-free round, I still had to make two 5-6 footers to salvage 5's, including one on the last hole of the day. It's a tough challenge - for all of us except the super lower handicappers, we hit enough loose shots in a given round that it's relatively easy for a single hole to go off the rails.  Final score on the round was a 76. 3 birdies, 7 bogeys, 8 pars.  
  • Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. amber121881
      amber121881
      (36 years old)
    2. carlos 1
      carlos 1
      (48 years old)
    3. Herbie31
      Herbie31
      (36 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...