IGNORED

PGA Show Orlando

Harmonious
Note: This thread is 4072 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The PGA Show in Orlando commences in a couple of weeks.  I plan to get out to the demo day on the 23rd, and hit one or two of the conference days.  It's always a good time, with a chance to try out all sorts of stuff: clubs, training aids, launch monitors, and chat with a bunch of golf people.

In the past, I've been able to talk to Bob Vokey about his latest wedge designs and Michael Breed about his putter training aids. I've gotten a quick putting lesson from Dave Stockton Jr. and been fitted for a putter by Todd Sones. Oh yeah, and shared a cocktail with Roger Maltbie at the Optishot booth's happy hour.

My reason for posting is to offer my services, for whatever they are worth, to the Sand Trap community. If there are folks out there that want specific information on golf stuff, let me know and I will try to get it for you.  Note: Don't ask me whether the new TM R1 driver is the greatest ever (too subjective) or what clothing lines Ian Poulter is bringing out (not interested).  But if there is something you want to know, within reason, I'll try to find out and report back.

• Administrator

Of course, we'll be there too. Don't forget to say hi, since you know who we are now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Harmonious

What booth?

917. Same as Titleist's driver lineup in four years. :)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Very nice! It's still only for the industry isn't it? A buddy with Club Car got me in a few years ago. A lot of fun.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

+1.

Be sure to tell Win McMurry I say hi.

me too !!

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Jealous!  Someday I want to sneak into this bad boy.

I have an idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

+1.

Be sure to tell Win McMurry I say hi.

She is a knockout. Watched her film a short Golf Channel bit at one of the launch monitor booths.  Nice swing, too!

Really? Where did I hear she was just a beginner? Hmmm. Need to check my sources on that.

Here are some hot pics of her. Sorry for the off-topic:

http://www.birdyandgrace.com/

Constantine

+1. Be sure to tell Win McMurry I say hi.

And get a picture with Lauren Thompson. And the golf stuff. Definitely the golf stuff. :-)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

What do you attend for educational purposes at the show. Went last year and felt like I didn't get the most out of it, hopefully I don't make the same mistake this year.

Originally Posted by tkahlm

What do you attend for educational purposes at the show. Went last year and felt like I didn't get the most out of it, hopefully I don't make the same mistake this year.

As you know, with hundreds of booths, you have to be focused on what you want to see. It can be overwhelming, for sure. I don't go to the breakout sessions, as I'm not a PGA member, and don't need to know how to grow the golf business.

I have a specific list of vendors/booths that I plan to visit, and will talk with the people about whatever it is they are demonstrating/selling. Last year, I was able to chat with Dave Stockton Jr. for 10 minutes or so.  He had a 15' practice green set up at their booth, and he would analyze your putting stroke and offer some tips. A couple years ago, I stopped by the Tour Striker booth, and chatted with the guys there about their product line, as the TV commercials were relatively new then, and picked up a club for a reduced price. I talked with the guys at the Swing Catalyst booth about how their machines measure weight shift, since at that time Erik and I were having a vigorous discussion about the subject, plus they are located in Trondheim, Norway, not far from my ancestors' home. I spent some time at the indoor range, more concerned with shafts and launch monitors than individual club manufacturers. This year I will stop by and see Erik and MvMac. Maybe I'll tell them I discovered a 6th Simple Key!

In addition, I also check the personal appearances that are scheduled each day, and try to attend some of those.  For example, two years ago, Brad Faxon did a 30 minute demonstration on putting at one of the booths.  I find those small settings to be really informative..

I guess my suggestion is to look through the show booklet when you enter and make note of what is going on that day. Then locate what you are interested in.  Then, if time permits, just wander around and talk to the folks.  It's neat just to be in a building where absolutely everyone is interested in the game of golf.  Then, at the end of the day, find out who is hosting the happy hours (last year the Scotland Tourism booth was pouring single malt, a great ending to the day)!

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

I talked with the guys at the Swing Catalyst booth about how their machines measure weight shift, since at that time Erik and I were having a vigorous discussion about the subject, plus they are located in Trondheim, Norway, not far from my ancestors' home. I spent some time at the indoor range, more concerned with shafts and launch monitors than individual club manufacturers. This year I will stop by and see Erik and MvMac. Maybe I'll tell them I discovered a 6th Simple Key!

I wish you'd talked to us. :) As you know now, the SwingCatalyst backed up everything that we'd thought, and we published the results in the 5SK DVD. Weight stays basically 50/50 in a centered pivot, pressure shifts right (65-70% is pretty common). At the time I think you thought we were still something we weren't and hadn't been for well over a year... :)

http://cl.ly/image/013e1T3Z3b0b

http://cl.ly/image/0k0i1x001k1R

http://cl.ly/image/1c2A0w0J2j3I

P.S. You'll have more luck running into Dave at the booth. Mike and I typically wander too so we can get video and photos for the site. I'm doing double duty so I'll be around and wandering. I'll PM you our numbers. Text us.

If holly sonders is there make sure you say hi for me!

Driver: 10.5* callaway Razr Hawk Tour - 350 yards(usually into the wind, it can be windy here. at least 400 with a little wind behind me)

Hybrids: 2 and 3 callaway Hybrid razr tour (312 and 287 respectively)

Irons: 3i-10i callaway forged standard length(278, 263, 250, 235, 221, 213, 201, 190)

Wedges: callaway jaws cc 52* 12 approach, 56* 16 sand, 60* 13 lob (0-185)

Odyssey Black tour #9 putter(5 ft, i'm always at least within 5 feet on my approach shot)

I wonder who on this forum is a PGA tour pro, disguised as a normal player.. 

2013: play in the US amateur qualifier

Note: This thread is 4072 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!