IGNORED

Brand Loyalty

Note: This thread is 1765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone.

I fell in love with my Cobra 4H, and when I was still shopping for a 3W, I found their 3W to be quite nice. I recently acquired a 3H, which for some reason I seem to hit about the same distance as my 5W (this is more a function of hitting my 5W poorly, I assume). My irons are a generic brand, but I'm thinking of going to them for my next set (game improvement variety over super-game improvement), if I'm ever hitting in the 80s consistently. The brand I'm very loyal to is Roger Dunn, for golf needs other than golf balls (which I buy on eBay). Managers in three different locations have been so awesome to me that I keep going back.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are most of the brands of woods and/or irons and/or putters I've owned & played golf with (in no particular order).
Golfcraft, J.C. Higgins, Wilson, Toney Penna, Arnold Palmer, Titleist, Ram, Ping, TaylorMade, PowerBilt, Tommy Armour, Cleveland, Callaway, YES!, Cobra, Crane, Hogan & Odyssey.

I don't even want to think of all of the different brands of golf balls I've used (mainly because I find golf balls but don't find golf clubs). I tend to be loyal to Titleist golf balls, but have some brand new Nikes on hand in addition to some brand new Titleists. I must confess the Nikes were gifts . . .

Brand loyalty -- clubs = None.
Brand loyalty -- golf balls = Yes, Titleist.

And, no I do not read reviews to help me decide what to buy.

i use to be a whatever works and fits price scale golfer. thus i had golden bear woods, tour edge hybrids, armour irons, cleveland wedges and a carbite putter.

then i bought a titleist driver. ever since then i have been trying to get the feel that i have with my driver in all my other clubs. my next purchase was a cameron putter (the red x2 and have been extremely pleased with it, just wish i could afford a custom paint job, i'd like to see the red colored areas become maroon, can't help it, I'M A FIGHTIN' TEXAS AGGIE). i have also purchased mizuno irons and gap wedge.

my next purchases will be titleist 3 and 5 wood and finish off the wedges with mizuno. so basically, i'll be brand loyal with two brands.

Titleist 905T Driver
Golden Bear 3/5 Wood
Mizuno MP-60 3-PW
Mizuno MP T 51* Black Ni GW
Cleveland 588 56* SWScotty Cameron Red X2 putterA&M Campus Course, Woodhollow (Longview, TX), Bryan Muni

Whenever I was about to buy clubs, I've always gone to review sites, but they were all either all perfect ratings or just all too positive and with no downfalls of any clubs or other products I was going to buy.

I usually check out the reviews at golfsmith.com (out of the same model usually the ones that sell more will have a good amount of reviews - for instance if there is a wood with a graphite or steel shaft options you will find most of the reviews under the graphite shaft) golf.com (they have categorical comparisons and reviews) and golftipsmag.com (they have info on pretty much any type of equipment, but as you said it's mostly the positive stuff). probably the best way is to go to the local shop and try stuff out...

I used to only buy Callaway equipment, but after reading more and more reviews and doing my research I think the equipment that I have now fits me best. I just bought the Taylor Made r7 460 and I am in love with it, before that I had a Callaway Big Bertha 454.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

I have a 14 club contract with Cleveland, just like Vijay does. That's why Cleveland had to let David Toms go, couldn't afford the three of us.

OK, in all seriousness it sort of just happenend that way. After I got the gunmetal irons and wedges (it was between Cleveland, Mizuno and Titleist at the time) I sort of just gave Cleveland first crack at the other clubs and I ended up getting a good deal on most of them. But, yeah to be honest, after using Cleveland for several years now and liking their product, I do have some brand loyalty to them

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

If nothing else, I like the comfort of knowing I can blame only myself and not my clubs for my lousy game :)

I can definitely agree with that. I also try to hit different clubs before I buy anything. As you can see, I prefer Taylormade for a lot right now, but I've been looking at some Nike, Cleveland, and Mizuno stuff. Always shopping, ya know! To answer the question, I'm not loyal to any certain brand, but I do like to have stuff in the bag that I know other people like and that is backed up by a good company.

Good luck, Ryan
ogio.gif Vision SS Bag:
cleveland.gif Launcher DST 10.5*  taylormade.gif R9 16.5* 4W
taylormade.gif Rescue Dual 19*  taylormade.gif Burner 2.0 4-PW
vokey.gif 250.08, Spin Milled 54.10, and 58.08
yesgolf.gif Callie  bridgestone.gif B330

I have a lot of loyalty in Cleveland, and if I'm going to buy clubs I'm always going to go to them first. But I will always go with whatever clubs I hit the best.

In My Bag :

Driver : HiBore XL
3 Wood : Launcher Gold
Hybrid : 3i Halo 22*Irons : CG4 4-PWWedges : 588 DSG RTG 52* CG11 56* / 60*Putter : GM Exchange2 #4Ball : Z-URS

Unfortunately, I find myself loyal to clubs that arent made anymore. I got a set of Lynx Parallax my senior year of high school. I still love them. Occasionally, I peruse Ebay looking for a set someone has for sale. But I need new irons, so I guess I have to hitch my wagon to another star.

In the bag:

Driver:      titleist.gif 905S 9.5*
3 Wood:   callaway.gif FTi
Hybrid:     nike.gif 2Irons:       titleist.gif 710 CB 3-PWWedges:  titleist.gif Vokey 52* - 56*Putter:      ping.gif Gi5

Hello everyone.

I have no loyalty whatsoever to any brand. When I go looking for a club, ball, or whatever, I demo as many as I can, and pick the ones that either give me the best results, or give me the most confidence standing over the ball at address.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

As can be seen by my signature, I lean towards Titleist. I feel like a Titleist rep when I go play since literally everything in my bag and including my bag is Titleist. I believe that their drivers have incredible feel and a ton of distance. Titleist irons have always seemed to me to be geared more towards a lower handicap player, and again, I think they have an amazing feel. I've had my wedges for about 2.5 years now and will only upgrade to a newer model. IMO, can't beat the quality of a Scotty Cameron putter. The ProV1 spins too much for me so naturally the ProV1x is what I play. Even the glove of choice is a Titleist because of the super soft and durable leather with no annoying "pad" in the middle of the palm.

Now I just need to get Titleist to sponsor me.....

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

I am a Titleist supporter as well. I have had incredibly good luck with their equipment and balls. The only thing holding back from having more of it is $$$. Personally, after trying a number of wedges, I find the Vokey line to be so incredibly better than others.

The only thing I wish is that they would produce a quality line of shirts and apparel similar to Callaway.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

• 8 months later...
I wasn't before i visitied the callaway performance center. But now, I will definitely use some sort of callaway gear whether it be balls, irons, or drivers. I usually never stick to one brand for all the clubs in my arsenal.

I can't say enough good things about callaway and their customer service.

Anyobody else?

I used to think I would be brand-loyal to Cobra.

I started with off-brand irons, but the hybrids and woods I fell in love with are Cobra. But then I tried their irons.

The FPs were nice enough. But I hated the UFIs and every demo day, it seemed that I was being steered towards them.

My next set of irons are likely Mizunos, although Pings may be on the roster. If I love them, and need new hybrids or woods at some point (maybe if my swing speed increases by 15 mph or something), I'll probably go to whichever brand had the irons I loved and try their offering.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have posted this reply before but I can't say enough good things about Callaway either. I am a "Hogan" loyalist which as we all know is now owned by Callaway. Well my Hogan driver broke at the end of the year last year and the customer service I got from Callaway was incredible. I was shocked at how well they took care of me. I only spent 100 bucks on the Hogan driver and they treated me like I was a pga staff pro. I have decided that when I get new equipment I am going to try and find a Callaway product that works for me first from now on. Kudos Callaway.

PS- Before my incident with the driver I would have never considered buying from them.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Only to Cleveland wedges. I have absolutely no reason to switch to anything else because it's the strong point of my game. I guess I have the utmost confidence in them, and I have them dialed in.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 1765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!