IGNORED

Brand Loyalty

Note: This thread is 1766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've used Callaway products through my whole golf career. I've never had a bad club from them, so I tend to give them a look first when I'm looking for something new.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love TaylorMade and Titleist.

Hate Callaway - never liked the look. I am a big looks guy.

In my bag:
Driver: R5 TP Diamana 83s Shaft
Fairway: Burner 15 degree Fujikura REAX
Hybrid: Custom 19 degree
Irons: DCI 990 S300 4-PW

Wedges: NF 52.04*, Spin Milled 56.10* and 60.08*

Putter: Red X3

Ball: ProV1

Shoe: Tour 360 LTD

I like Mizuno. They have always worked very well for me I used to be a diehard Titleist player, but I kept hearing all this talk about Mizunos, gave them a shot and it wasnt long before my bag switched over from being all Titleist to being all Mizuno. Infact, Id still be playing a Mizuno driver if I hadnt gotten my R9 for free and if the Mizuno hadnt been a 12* (which was just too much loft for me).
Id probably be playing Mizuno golfballs too if it werent so expensive to have them shipped here from Japan. Until Mizuno starts offering their golfballs here in the states, I'll play Bridgestone or Srixons.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Mizuno makes golf balls?
Where the heck is that?
I can't find them on ebay, and if it's not ebay, it doesn't exist.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

I've never been muc for Titleist's irons, but they're woods are amazing. Downright amazing, along with their golf balls. I really like my Nike blades, but they haven't put out many other decent sets of irons than the new VR's. Cleveland makes nice wedges, and I'm in love with Rife and Scotty Cameron putters.

I think I'm pretty well spread out in my brands.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

I've recently switched over to mostly Snake Eyes equipent and couldn't be happier. The irons I have are very easy on the eyes and are also the best I've played. I'm very happy with their wedges as well, they are better than the Callaway X-forged that I had. I don't think I will play another putter again that doesn't say Rife.

Driver:  the search continues
Fairway Wood:  Ping G25 3W Tour stiff
Hybrid:  Snake Eyes Q4U 19*, 23*
Irons:  Ping G25 5-UW w/CFS X-flex  (on order)
Wedges:  685BX black 56*      Putter:  Wilson Staff 8882 

Will use any brand if they make stuff that's in my price range...and as you can see I use just about EVERY brand

In my TerraFirma X Bag
360 Ti 10.5° Driver
FT-i Squareway 15.0° 3w
04 Big Bertha 19.0° 5w
04 Big Bertha 4-9, PW, GW +1/2" Irons Vokey Spin-Milled 56°10° SW C02 Milled 35" Putter Contour Shoes and SofJoy GlovesA mix of NXT and Laddie Xtreme balls

one brand i dont think i will EVER play - Cobra

actually, im pretty sure that titleist and cobra are both made by acushnet.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ping clubs seem to fit my game best right now, but I've also gotten along well with a few Callaway, Nike, and Mizuno sticks I've tried. I'm about to start wedge shopping, and I'm going to be looking at everything to find the ones I identify with, regardless of the brand name.

oh i know that...i just dont like the esthetics of Cobra, thats all
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I might have written this before, but when Azinger recently found himself without a club contract he said it was fantastic. He had clubs from six different manufacturers and said that for the first time in years he liked all of the clubs in his bag.
The idea of someone (in other words 99.999% of golfers) who has to pay for clubs (as well as the advertising for them and the contracts of high profile players) being "brand loyal" is ludicrous. It is highly unlikely that clubs in all categories from one manufacturer will be right for you, but we still read posts where people excitedly boast of their "All Brand X" setup, as if that implies something positive other than slavish and mindless aping of pros on TV who, in fact, rarely have a one brand bag.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

yep, and Acushnet is owned by Fortune Brands that owns Scotty Cameron, Pinnacle, and FootJoy.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

I like Titleist irons & wedges, Callways drivers/woods, and Noodle "Softest" golf balls.

I am extremely brand loyal. Has nothing to do with "apperances" or trying to be a snob with a particular brand....I just simply find something I like and stick with it. For me it's a comfort thing. And comfort means confidence.

I'm like that with a lot of things I'm passionate about - instruments, fishing gear, etc... If a brand has always done right by me, I stick with it.

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

oh i know that...i just dont like the esthetics of Cobra, thats all

Taste is personal, but their Pro MB irons look great.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

I have fallen in love with nickent. I don't know why. After I bought my first set of wedges from them, I have been continuously blown away by their products. Every club I have in my bag under their name is a highlight club. I'm even considering my next driver under their brand because I love how the fairwood feels and plays. I wasn't planning on being completely loyal but I just keep getting blown away by their products and may end up with 13 nickent clubs in my bag.

Love my Mizuno's, so I'd guess it's my favorite, but I don't have any other Mizzy equipment. I use whichever is most recommended and I like the most. So far, Titleist is the most represented brand in my bag, but I'd get a TP wood or Nike wedges if they worked for me.

I am concerned about quality and looks, but nothing brand specific, whatever looks good and works is what I get.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 1766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!