IGNORED

How do you mark your game balls?

JasonInRaleigh
Note: This thread is 3793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/Mr_DIY/photobucket-47114-1358272082942.jpg

Maybe I have too much free time that night but I have enjoyed playing these. They are great conversation starters and I never have to second guess if a ball is or was mine.

Any other "creative" markers out there?

I put Adams and PING in my OGIO Recoil bag. I'm shooting for the low 90's by summer 13'

[URL=http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/Mr_DIY/photobucket-47114-1358272082942.jpg]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/Mr_DIY/photobucket-47114-1358272082942.jpg[/URL] Maybe I have too much free time that night but I have enjoyed playing these. They are great conversation starters and I never have to second guess if a ball is or was mine. Any other "creative" markers out there?

Waaaaay too much time on your hands! 1 blue dot just to the upper right of the last "t" in Titleist....... High numbers only, BTW. :-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use a Tin Cup stencil of a shark (because I'm a scuba diver, not a Greg Norman fan ).  I use both blue and black Sharpies so I can tell a provisional ball from the original ball.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Haha, I was trying to find something to do while sitting in bed. My wife was watching "The Real Housewives of __________" .... I opted for anything else.

I think they helped me to "beat" my mental golf game

a shark outline- Nice... I like it. Scuba is awesome!!

I put Adams and PING in my OGIO Recoil bag. I'm shooting for the low 90's by summer 13'

One Green dot above the number on the ball.

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

One blue (and only blue) dot under each number and a alignment line.

In my bag:

Driver: Covert Performance
Super Hybrid : :nike: 2H - 17* Covert Performance

Irons: :nike:Covert 4I - PW

Wedges: :nike:X3X Wedges (52*, 56*, 60*)

Putter: Method Core 1i

Ball: :nike:One RZN

Upgrading Always.

I use a [URL=http://www.tin-cup.com/]Tin Cup[/URL] stencil of a shark (because I'm a scuba diver, not a Greg Norman fan e3_rolleyes.gif ).  I use both blue and black Sharpies so I can tell a provisional ball from the original ball.

This is a great point.... How many others out there know to mark their provisional differently than the original ball? I put 2 dots on the provisional.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

It depends on the balls and who I am playing with. I mark them all the same and if a provisional is a factor I uses different numbers and note them before the shot. The biggest issue I've had is with a Pro V, if another player is using one they think any Pro v is theirs, so I mark them good.

I put a couple smily faces on them.  Reminds me to relax when things aren't going my way, which is almost always, and is hard to confuse with someone else's.  Great conversation starter, too.

I try to avoid putting my initials on them so that they can't identify me when I shank it through someone's window or hit the guy standing behind me.

-Bryan

Bag: TM Superfast Driver, TM Burner '08 3W, GigaGolf Irons, Yes! Sandy Putter

Three red dots under the #. One for each kid.

Cart Bag   910 D2 Driver 10.5*, F10 Hybrid 19*, AP2 712 Irons 3-W  56* and 60*

Custom Shop Junk Yard Dog - Laguna 2

Originally Posted by David in FL

This is a great point....

How many others out there know to mark their provisional differently than the original ball?

I put 2 dots on the provisional.

Most of mine have 3 blue dots, but I mark a few with 3 red dots and keep one of those in my pocket in case I need a provisional. That also helps me avoid accidentally playing the wrong ball if I mark it on the green and put it in my pocket.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

A line above the name with two dots on it.  Originally started with "crossing my t's and dotting my i's" on a Titleist.  That was too hard to read so moved it above the name and simplified it.  Use a red marker for all my markings.

Wow, more responses than I expected.  This has left me with a question though.  What is a provisional ball?

also- I'll be uploading my newest "too much time in the office" marked balls shortly LOL.   The alignment line doesn't sound like a bad idea.

feel free to tell any  "I found this crazy ball one time stories"

Note: This thread is 3793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!